Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Urgent Help Regarding Marriott Hotel Category Changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium

I need to cash in for a travel package today before the change goes into effect tomorrow but I'm still not sure which hotel category I should go for. My question is, besides the addition of new category 8 hotels, any other hotels will have a category change starting tomorrow? If someone can point me to a comparison chat, it would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2009, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
The Marriott Concierge mentioned in another thread here that none were planned to change tomorrow other than the new category 8s.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

That's good to hear. Thanks!!!
Old Jan 14, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: MAR TE ... UA PS
Besides, if you make reservations today you get today's Category.
It is all but mandatory that you make reservations today, not just buy the package.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

OK, if I made a reservation today, can I switch to a different hotel in the next 12 months within the same category?
Old Jan 14, 2009, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LTP;Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LisaH
OK, if I made a reservation today, can I switch to a different hotel in the next 12 months within the same category?
Yes, as long as it is still in the same category (or applicable categories in the case of a Cat 1-5 e-cert). At least that's what other people have been reporting being told by Marriott and what two Marriott phone agents told me last night.

It still makes me nervous though as I'm less than 50% sure I'm going to use my reward on the dates and property as it is currently booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.