Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

gifting marriott rewards certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2008, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

I'd like to gift a Marriott Rewards category 1-4 E-Certificate (the ones you receive in the credit card promotions) as a gift, but they're non-transferable. Would this work, though?

Book the hotel room in my name, then on the day of my guests' arrival, call the hotel and say my guests will be arriving before me, can you add their name to the reservation, (if they provide a credit card as deposit for incidentals), so they can check in.

We once booked a Residence Inn rewards for which my in-laws were staying with us. I called the hotel to tell the clerk my in-laws were arriving before us, and they were permitted to check in (my in-laws provided a credit card number).

Unless I'm missing something, would this not work for a Category 1-4 E-certificate, too?
Old Dec 7, 2008, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Your logic is valid.... its pretty much a case of YMMV....

I'd recommend that your in-laws just do the check-out on their TV to limit their 'exposure' to the front desk, but for the credit card certificate do you need to give it on check-out, or check-in (we don't get one this side of the pond)... might make it a bit more awkward, but, it will probably work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.