Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Salt Lake City Center- Gym?

Old Oct 10, 08, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP

Hey everybody,

This is my first time over in the Marriott part of FT since I just started traveling for work and that's generally the chain we stay with....anyways, my travels next week are taking me to SLC and we will be at the City Center Marriott. I tried searching online but didn't find much information about the hotel gym. Can anybody who has stayed at this property comment on the facilities and equipment? I'm wondering if I should plan to go over to the 24hr fitness (have a membership) down the street at night or just stick with the hotel gym.

This topic would have been great in the proposed Travel Fitness/Wellness forum, but that proposal was quickly shot down...
Old Oct 10, 08, 3:30 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Although not overly large, it is a very nice facility. Nice enough that it is used throughout the day. A nice feature is that it offers lots of windows overlooking the downtown streets below.
Old Oct 10, 08, 7:58 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz President Circle
LOTS of disruption around the hotel right now...

I just checked out of a 3 day stay this last thursday and was not real pleased. I had 2 rooms reserved w/king beds. I'm a platinum and expected the correct type rooms. The young check in person informed us that they were "terribly low on king bed rooms" and he would have to give us doubles but w/a nice view. I explained that we weren't tourists, didn't care about the view and that we would like our king beds. He danced around it and finally, begrudgingly gave us 2 king rooms.

The access to the hotel is insane due to construction on 2 sides. Road work goes on until 9:00 pm (9:40 on the last night) complete w/bull dozers, backup beepers, disel engines, etc. I've stayed there many times in the past and it's an ok FS Marriott, but I'd stay away for the next several months until the crazy road work is wrapped up.

Originally Posted by brosnan6 View Post
Hey everybody,

This is my first time over in the Marriott part of FT since I just started traveling for work and that's generally the chain we stay with....anyways, my travels next week are taking me to SLC and we will be at the City Center Marriott. I tried searching online but didn't find much information about the hotel gym. Can anybody who has stayed at this property comment on the facilities and equipment? I'm wondering if I should plan to go over to the 24hr fitness (have a membership) down the street at night or just stick with the hotel gym.

This topic would have been great in the proposed Travel Fitness/Wellness forum, but that proposal was quickly shot down...

Search this Thread