Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"See Rate Rules" - Where?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

"See Rate Rules" - Where?

When booking a reservation it is possible to click on "rate rules" to see the details. However, once the reservation is made, the confirmation sent via email as well as the online confirmation only show a summary of the rate rules with a comment "see Rate Rules". Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the detailed Rate Rules.

Is there any way to see the detailed rate rules applicable for my reservation once the reservation is made? This is especially usual when the rate code is no longer active or when they have changed the Rate Rules for a given rate code. Is phoning customer service and asking them to read the rules the only way?

Thanks,
canred
Old Nov 12, 2010, 2:23 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I'm not sure I see the same thing you are. When I look at my existing reservation online, it shows me the full "Rate Rules".

What information is not shown that you saw when you made the reservation?
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Example

The following is a good example. In this case, even the name of the deal appears to be different but it is the same deal. It is a reservation in Thailand:

My online confirmation states:
Rate Rules
Discover R Deals, includes breakfast, hotel credit, see Rate Rules

Canceling Your Reservation
  • You may cancel your reservation for no charge until 6:00 PM hotel time on xxx yy, 2010.
  • Please note that we will assess a fee of 3,999.00 THB if you must cancel after this deadline.
If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card.
This fee equals 1 night of your room charge plus tax (for the first night of your reservation).

But the rate rules I printed out when I clicked on "rate rules" during the reservation process state the following:
Rate Rules
Escape! Total Escape Package, see Rate Rules

Additional Information
Discover Free Credit Package;
Validity 01 November 2010 - 31 March 2011
Room Deluxe Room
Rate THB 3999 inclusive of breakfast for 2 people rate is inclusive of service charge and tax
Value Added Benefits
- Stay 1 night and get a credit of THB 1000
- Stay 2 nights and get a credit of THB 2000
- Stay 3 nights and get a credit of THB 3000
Terms and Conditions
- Maximum of THB 3000 credit per stay
- Credit can be used in all F&B outlets, minibars, room service, spa and can be used to upgrade the room type
- The credit amount does not have a cash value, cannot be cashed in at the end of the stay. Credit expired at the time of check out

Holding Your Reservation
We will need a credit card number to reserve your room

Canceling Your Reservation
  • You may cancel your reservation for no charge until 6:00 PM hotel time on xxx yy, 2010.
  • Please note that we will assess a fee of 3,999.00 THB if you must cancel after this deadline.
If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card.
This fee equals 1 night of your room charge plus tax (for the first night of your reservation).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.