Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Post "Look No Further" rate guarantee successes

Old Apr 30, 06, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Moderator's Note: Flyertalk cooperates with Marriott on a number of things, such as not posting proprietary rate codes, employee email addresses or the names of third-party sites used for LNF purposes. In return, Marriott continues to follow current practices. Obviously, if all third-party site names were published, then Marriott would have to modify the LNF program. We really don't want that.

Bruce

__________________________________________________ ___________

I know we have many threads complaining about being denied The Look No Further Rate Guarantee. I thought I would start one where we can post successful claims.

Please post the Marriott property, dates and rate booked.

Please also indicate your "new" rate in the end after your 25% off and how much you saved!!

I'll go first...

Marriott Toronto Eaton Centre May 11-13 booked $229 CDN

Lower rate found $189CDN

New Marriott Rate after successful claim: $141.75CDN

SAVED $87.25CDN per night Total: $174.50 for entire stay!

Hi everyone,

It's come to my attention that some of the info posted on FT is being monitored and acted upon in order to head-off successful claims being submitted. As one example.. just look at the view count of this thread vs. actual posts.... hmmmmm.

From now on:

** DO NOT POST NAME OF THE COMPARISON WEBSITE**

If you have an upcoming stay or are planning one for the same property, please PM that member for more details.

I have included an example of what should be posted... You are more than welcome to copy and paste this as a template when posting.

Thanx for your cooperation

Best Regards,

Last edited by bdschobel; Apr 16, 13 at 10:14 pm
Old Feb 20, 07, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Property booked: Marriott Toronto Eaton Centre
Dates: 22-26 November 2007
Rate: CDN $229
Competitor site: www.diytravel.co.uk
Competitor rate: GBP 75.10 (CDN $171) inc tax
Newly adjusted rate: CDN $112.33

Original total inc tax: CDN $1044.24
New total inc tax: CDN $512.23

A saving of CDN $532.01 (a little over GBP 230 in my language).

The first reply I received informed me that my claim was denied as the guarantee did not apply to pre-paid rates which involved the issue of a voucher for hotel stays outside the USA and Canada. I politely replied with the line 'Toronto is in Canada' and I received another prompt reply informing me that my claim was successful
I noticed that they had not removed the tax before applying the 25% discount so emailed ponting this out and they again replied, with the rate quoted above.

Last edited by GlennTheBaker; Feb 20, 07 at 1:22 pm
Old Feb 20, 07, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Courtyard Montreal March 15-18

Marriott hotel name: Courtyard Marriott

Check-in date: 3/15/107
Check-out date: 3/18/107
Marriott rate reserved: 159.00
Currency: CANADA DOLLAR (CAD)

COMPARISON RATE INFORMATION
Lower rate found or reserved: 111.30

Where did you find the lower rate: www.expedia.ca

We have reviewed your claim and have made the following modification to your reservation:

Rate: 83.48 Canadian dollars per night
Old Feb 20, 07, 12:33 pm

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
I've actually had really great luck with Marriott's best rate guarantee and spg's. Almost zero luck with hilton.
Old Mar 3, 07, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Montreal Chateau Champlain March 23

Hotel Name: Montreal Chateau Champlain

Check-in date: 3/23/07
Check-out date: 3/24/07
Marriott rate reserved: 169.00

Lower rate found or reserved: 168.80

Where did you find the lower rate: www.hotels.ca

We have reviewed your claim and have made the following modification to your reservation:

Rate: 126.60 Canadian dollars per night
Old Mar 3, 07, 8:03 am

If the rate booked on Marriott is 'refundable' to the day of reservation, and the hotels.ca rate is fully-paid, non-cancellable, how will this policy be applied then?
Also, will the new revised Marriott rate have the same cancellation policy as the original ?

Any ideas?
Old Mar 3, 07, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dye-mond View Post
If the rate booked on Marriott is 'refundable' to the day of reservation, and the hotels.ca rate is fully-paid, non-cancellable, how will this policy be applied then?
Also, will the new revised Marriott rate have the same cancellation policy as the original ?

Any ideas?
Even if the hotels.ca is a prepaid rate - the new Marriott rate is refundable - it's not prepaid. The cancellation policy that the hotel has (whether it's 6PM day of arrival or 24 hours or whatever) applies to the new best rate guarantee reservation.
Old Mar 3, 07, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA-1P SPG-G PC-PLT
Hotel: Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Arrival Date: 7 March 2007
Check-out Date: 11 March 2007
Marriott rate reserved: $339.00 (before 14% taxes & fees)
Currency: UNITED STATES DOLLAR (USD)
(2 rooms reserved)

Lower rate found or reserved: $206 (all-in)
Where did you find the lower rate: octopus.com

Rate: $135.53 per night ($154.50 all-in)

*Note: I pointed-out that the octopus rate included all taxes & fees (~14%), so my rate was adjusted to include these taxes and fees for a bottom line that was 25% less than the all-inclusive octopus rate.

Total amount saved (2 rooms for 4 nights): $1864.48

I'd like to add that Marriott's best rate guarantee team was very helpful, very professional, and very prompt.
Old Mar 4, 07, 8:41 am

Hotel: Residence Inn Vancouver Downtown
Arrival Date: 2 June 2007
Check-out Date: 5 June 2007
Marriott rate reserved: $259.00 ($300.44 all-in)

Lower rate found or reserved: $227 (all-in)
Where did you find the lower rate: skoosh.com

Rate: $147.09 per night ($170.62 all-in)

Total amount saved (1 room for 3 nights): $389.45

I'd also have to say that the response I got from the Marriott team was very professional, helpful, and quick. I generally stay at Marriott hotels where possible, but this is my first time trying this price match
Old Mar 6, 07, 12:06 pm

Programs: nwa united delta
Worthington, OH residence Inn
May 06. Marriott website rate: $99, elsewhere $89.

So they gave 25% off of $89
Old Mar 6, 07, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyaway101 View Post
Worthington, OH residence Inn
May 06. Marriott website rate: $99, elsewhere $89.

So they gave 25% off of $89
Great

Can you provide the details as in what site you found the lower rate? It might help others who want to take advantage of the same deal

Thanks
Old Mar 6, 07, 5:55 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
cancelling a rate guaranteed room

I had an interesting experience canceling a reservation at the Regent's Park Marriott in London. When I tried to cancel online, it would not issue a cancellation number and when I tried through the plat dest, they said since it was manually entered by the hotel, only the hotel could cancel the reservation. So I call the hotel, and the guy cannot cancel the reservation either - he has to email someone at the rate guarantee office to cancel (he had no phone number for them)! Anyway, it was canceled a day later, but it does take some doing. Is this a standard problem with US reservations, or just UK?

Just to add the rate info:

Marriott.com: 155 GBP
expedia.co.uk: 109 GPB
final rate: 81.75 GPB
Old Mar 6, 07, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by goldenbear View Post
I had an interesting experience canceling a reservation at the Regent's Park Marriott in London. When I tried to cancel online, it would not issue a cancellation number and when I tried through the plat dest, they said since it was manually entered by the hotel, only the hotel could cancel the reservation. So I call the hotel, and the guy cannot cancel the reservation either - he has to email someone at the rate guarantee office to cancel (he had no phone number for them)! Anyway, it was canceled a day later, but it does take some doing. Is this a standard problem with US reservations, or just UK?

Just to add the rate info:

Marriott.com: 155 GBP
expedia.co.uk: 109 GPB
final rate: 81.75 GPB
Rate Guarantee Desk? That's a new one on me......I'm pretty sure I know what they did but to answer your question no it shouldn't be an issue anywhere (it's one common database)
Old Mar 6, 07, 9:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
LNF cancellation must go through LNF desk

Any reservation that was modified due to an approved look no further claim can only be cancelled by the LNF office in Omaha. Reservations and the hotel people can add nights outside the original approved dates or change room preferences (smoking, beds, etc), but to straight cancel all nights, it MUST go through the LNF department.

[email protected]

toll-free from within the USA, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, or Canada 800-771-LOOK (5665). If dialing from outside those areas, you can call collect at [International Dialing code] + 402 + 548-3575.
Old Mar 6, 07, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

I had to alter my BRG reservation and they had to transfer me to the BRG dept. I think it's a new policy. The hotel and regular reservations dept. are locked out of the booking.

Search this Thread