Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Gold Offer - Free second night - promotion code??

Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR Gold

Forgive me if this should be posted in an existing thread, but I was given a printout of a Gold Elite offer for a free second night stay between June 27 and October 5 at participating Marriott & JW Marriott Hotels, but the printout, which is supposed to act as my certificate when I check-in, doesn't include a promotion code, which I need to provide to the reservation line to confirm eligibility. I've emailed him to see if he can provide this, but in case he doesn't respond, can any gold members PM me the correct code? (My assumption is that the code by itself cannot be used to secure the reservation, as I will need to provide the physical certificate as well.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:16 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
There is no code needed for booking. See #6 in the T&Cs (on back of coupon) for detailed instructions on how to book. Yes, you will have to present the physical certificate at check-in.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
There is no code needed for booking. See #6 in the T&Cs (on back of coupon) for detailed instructions on how to book. Yes, you will have to present the physical certificate at check-in.
#6 on these particular T&Cs reads:

"Weekend nights are designated as Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday nights only. In some countries in the Middle East, weekend nights are designated as Thursday, Fruday and Saturday nights."

Under the section "To take advantage of the offer":

"1. Rooms must be confirmed in advance by calling your Elite Reservation Line at 800-228-2100.
2. Please advise agent that you will be using the Marriott Rewards Elite Exclusive Offers certificate for the second consecutive night as the method of payment."

The agent I spoke to said she needed a promotion code to confirm that my particular reservation would be eligible to use this certificate. Is it possible she's confusing this promotion with another similar one, and, if so, how can I clarify this when I call next time?
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:32 pm

Where did you get this offer/printout from?
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimglobe
Where did you get this offer/printout from?
A colleague of mine printed it out and gave it to me last week.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:56 pm

Sent you a PN per your request on the other thread.

As far as someone on Marriott's 800 number not being familure with the EEO program in a way it is understandable.

Those holding upper tier Marriott Rewards status have access to 800 numbers that are not publicly listed. Since their jobs havie them dealing with the oritinal recipients of EEOs and other special offers that staff is usually familiar with the programs.

The number you're calling is a general number.

I think the best way to handle it is to thank them for their time, hang up and call again (or ask to speak to a supervisor).
Old Jun 23, 2008, 3:40 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
These certificates can be given to friends and family, so his passing it along is entirely legitimate. Ask your colleague for the correct 800 number to call. Also ask them for THEIR MR number; I gave a cert once to a friend who was asked for MY number as they made their res.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 4:32 pm

The OP PM'd back to me that the general Marriott Reservation # handled it, booked him, approved use of EEO etc..

He fulfilled the requirement -- using a publiclly available rate etc.

Just a matter of using the right nomenclature ('EEO') with them.

Advised him to keep a copy of what he handed in (the online printout) plus his reservation record "just-in-case" and told him how to remedy it.

He's using it at Philadelphia Downtown and that being such a huge hotel management there should be able to assist/guide a FD newbie if needbe.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rahmanbar
The OP PM'd back to me that the general Marriott Reservation # handled it, booked him, approved use of EEO etc..

He fulfilled the requirement -- using a publiclly available rate etc.

Just a matter of using the right nomenclature ('EEO') with them.

Advised him to keep a copy of what he handed in (the online printout) plus his reservation record "just-in-case" and told him how to remedy it.

He's using it at Philadelphia Downtown and that being such a huge hotel management there should be able to assist/guide a FD newbie if needbe.
Yup, thanks for the help to everyone! I've got several stays at Marriotts in the D.C. area booked through the summer for visiting friends and family (should be at Gold status on my own by the end of August), but this will be my first stay using a rewards certificate of any kind, so I appreciate the assistance.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Question Are The Online EEO Certs Available Yet?

Sorry, but I don't see anywhere on my or my spouse's accounts where the EEOs have been released yet for the summer, so I am confused about how the poster got the cert from his friend.

Am I missing something?
Old Jun 25, 2008, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Sorry, but I don't see anywhere on my or my spouse's accounts where the EEOs have been released yet for the summer, so I am confused about how the poster got the cert from his friend.

Am I missing something?
No, I couldn't find them either.

Didn't matter to me inasmuch as I have a set of the preprinted variety myself which is sent with a set for each period of eligibility.

MOF I never thought of getting into that issueit with the OP (who said he had a printed version sent to him by a friend who was Gold or Plat and I would assume that he when I sent him a PM explaining how to use them -- he said he'd read all the Ts and Cs so I didn't get into the validity period with him.

Just in case, I'm going to send him another PM with a heads-up...
Old Jun 25, 2008, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres

Am I missing something?
They've always been brutal to find online. Are they under "Platinum Offers" or "Elite Offers" (along with a million other offers I don't want to see) or somewhere else? I think most folks who take the time to sign in and search, through their account page, are looking for these few very useful offers (that are also mailed to us) as opposed to, what seems like 10 pages if not more, offers such as $10 off the local theme park in East Dingletown, Nowhere.

I appreciate the great offers but they need to be easier to find. Sorry in advance for the sarcasm.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:13 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the replies.

It may be that the OP has a printed version of a set that was sent to his friend and that perhaps was what he meant.

I checked both my spouse's and mine and my dad who is a lifetime Plat and nada -- under the less than useful offers available -- all hundred of them -- and nada.

The only thing positive I can say is that I guess that a hard copy version should be coming my way and that perhaps an online version will soon be made available -- unless they have decided to discontinue that.

Who knows? The Marriott lurker would be helpful here to chime in now!
Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:33 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I called Marriott twice regarding this and was told that they will post ON the 27th...
Old Jun 26, 2008, 5:31 am

Thanks for the replies.

It may be that the OP has a printed version of a set that was sent to his friend and that perhaps was what he meant.

I checked both my spouse's and mine and my dad who is a lifetime Plat and nada -- under the less than useful offers available -- all hundred of them -- and nada.

The only thing positive I can say is that I guess that a hard copy version should be coming my way and that perhaps an online version will soon be made available -- unless they have decided to discontinue that.

Who knows? The Marriott lurker would be helpful here to chime in now!
You might try rquesting a set of the 2008 eeos through "Customer Care" but I have to doubt that at this point that will bear fruit.

The next period of validity is 6/27-10/5/08 so I would think that group would be available online very shortly, but who knows.

As you know the "automatic" mailings to golds and plats of these coupons this has been an ongoing point of discussion and contention.

Late last year, in anticipation of a repeat of the annual snafu attendant to distributuion of the preprinted EEOS to Plants and Golds (and sure enough, there was a reoccurrence), I opened the following thread to which there was a response from the newly-appointed Marriott Concierge (one of Chris' replacements).

Here's that thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ierge+marriott

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.