Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Help! DHL did not deliver my Gift Card. What are my options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help! DHL did not deliver my Gift Card. What are my options?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2008, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Liability is in the hands of DHL. They usually limit their liability to the cost of delivery, unless the shipment is outright lost... in which case their liability is limited to declared value or maximum under their tariffs.
DHL is liable for Marriott and Marriott is liable for the OP. OP has not a case with DHL but with Marriott who in turn must deal with DHL. I would start cc charge back process.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:13 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by holtju2
DHL is liable for Marriott and Marriott is liable for the OP. OP has not a case with DHL but with Marriott who in turn must deal with DHL. I would start cc charge back process.
That is assuming that DHL was selected by Marriott, and the T&C doesn't define "delivery to customer" as being "placed for shipping". If customer chose and/or T&C defines FOB at shipping, it may (legally) be otherwise. Morally, Marriott should accept liability.

I agree on the resolution: start cc charge back process.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Thanks for all the suggestions guys

Its been a pain going through this with DHL and Marriott.

Everytime I call DHL they say that someone is dealing with the station and they will talk to the driver. Last I spoke they have promised an update tomorrow morning.

In the meanwhile Marriott keeps looking at the DHL tracking page and tells me its been delivered. DOH! After explaining (and reexplaining) the whole thing to them, they have promised to contact and speak to DHL but as DHL is still investigating the matter, they have asked me to be patient. In the meanwhile, the person from Marriott looked up the card number and confirmed that there was no activity as yet. I'll have a word with him tonight and ask him to re-issue a new card and cancel the other one. If he doesnt, then I go to Visa.

Why cant they just use FedEx
Old Jun 12, 2008, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by crazyhorse

Why cant they just use FedEx
Have had the same type issue with FedEx. They showed a package as delivered (left at front door) but I never received the package. Good thing is that the company that sent the package took full responsibility and sent me out a replacement the next day.

Did get a call from FedEx a few days later wanting to confirm that I never received the package.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:44 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by deant
Have had the same type issue with FedEx. They showed a package as delivered (left at front door) but I never received the package. Good thing is that the company that sent the package took full responsibility and sent me out a replacement the next day.

Did get a call from FedEx a few days later wanting to confirm that I never received the package.
Yep. None of the services are perfect. FedEx is probably the best of the bunch with UPS a very close second. I'd put USPS express mail as third, and DHL/Airborne as last.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 9:32 am

I always have them deliver to my P.O. Box. Less chance for lost of package.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Update

Just wanted to post an update. Sorry for not being able to do it earlier. DHL finally managed to track my package down and recovered it from wherever they had dropped it off and redelivered it to the correct address. What a bloody nightmare. I'm about to swear off using the damned gift cards now.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 2:11 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
I know we've had a few threads regarding the GCs from Marriott and their customer unfriendly policies before. But has Marriott Concierge or anyone from Marriott Corporate ever chimed in on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.