Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Rewards Visa Card

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Marriott Rewards Visa Card

Okay, I am looking at applying for the MR Visa Card. I see that I get a free night upon account approval and 20K points on my first purchase.

The fine print says to allow 6-8 weeks from account approval (for the free night e-certificate) and 6-8 weeks from your first purchase (for the 20K points). Is there any way to expediate the posting? I'm just looking at going on a trip in late July and need to book a reservation. Has anyone had any luck with this? I apologize if it sounds like I'm being difficult; I'm just in a time crunch. Thanks in advance.
Old May 31, 2008, 5:09 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Don't think so, but you can buy points at $12.50 per thousand.

Beware - there are two Marriott Visa cards - the lame one which only gives 3 points per $ spent at Marriott, and the good one which gives 5. The good one also gives a free night every year. It costs a bit more but pays for itself in the free night alone, let alone all the extra points from Marriott charges.
Old May 31, 2008, 5:42 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
I got my free night certificate and golf certificate within 2 weeks of applying. However, that was several years ago. YMMV.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 6:57 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
It did not take 6 to 8 weeks for me either - bit I too got my card 2 years ago.

Remember that you can book the res now, and they will hold it - even if you do not have enough points. You will then have more time to wait and see, buy/transfer the points you need, etc.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott plat, DL Diamond
cert is now electronic

My renewal cert was electronic. Posted in the month of renewal. Presume that you cert would too. The 20K is a different story.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 12:25 pm

Isn't there a 25K bonus. 20K after 1st month and 5K after 1 year or so..

here's the link
Old Jun 2, 2008, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by damon2
Isn't there a 25K bonus. 20K after 1st month and 5K after 1 year or so..

here's the link
Yes, but then you'll have to pay, on your anniversary, the $30 annual fee to get the 5000 pts.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:32 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

To echo what others have said, it does not always take 6-8 weeks, but unfortunately there is really no way to expedite the process. The reward will be posted to the account electronically but it may still be 6-8 weeks before it is posted to the account.

Ira

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.