Questions about M11 rate

Old Apr 8, 2008, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Questions about M11 rate

I'm a frequent Marriott traveller, and have put good use to the "M11" booking code during my travels. I'm in the process of planning a trip to Europe, including about a week in Austria. Browsing through Marriott.com, I found this page from the Courtyard Linz:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/speci...rshaCode=lnzcy

This is advertised as 15% off the regular rate, with breakfast included. But when I checked rates for my trip, the following description comes up:

429.00(EUR)
Marriott Rewards Member Offers * Golfweekend Package * see facts for more

First thing I noticed is that the price seems kind of high -- I checked again without the M11 code, and the rates that come up range from 75 to 399 EUR, so the 429 rate is definitely not 15% off as advertised. And what's that about golf? The advert says nothing about it.

Anybody else have any idea what's going on here?

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Apr 8, 2008 at 9:20 pm Reason: request by member.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 4:19 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Well, one thing I see is that the 429.00(EUR) is per stay, not per night. And per the rules of the rate, it looks like a stay is two nights. So the per night rate is 214.5(EUR).

What is interesting is that the rate seems to be valid on stays between Thursdays and Mondays (i.e. weekends) and if I put in a Thursday to a Monday stay, the rate still says 429.00(EUR) per stay though the details in the rules says it is for a 2 night stay. So I'm not sure if it would still be 429.00(EUR) for all 4 nights are not, but it sure looks like it might be.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Well, one thing I see is that the 429.00(EUR) is per stay, not per night. And per the rules of the rate, it looks like a stay is two nights. So the per night rate is 214.5(EUR).

What is interesting is that the rate seems to be valid on stays between Thursdays and Mondays (i.e. weekends) and if I put in a Thursday to a Monday stay, the rate still says 429.00(EUR) per stay though the details in the rules says it is for a 2 night stay. So I'm not sure if it would still be 429.00(EUR) for all 4 nights are not, but it sure looks like it might be.

I noticed that too, and I thought it was strange since my stay would have been for three nights instead of two. So I played around a little. I tried again for two nights, and again for even just one night and the same rate came up. 429 Euro per stay. Something really seems strange about this ... regardless, the rate description doesn't seem to match what was advertised. 15% off for Breakfast, versus two-night stay and golf.

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Apr 8, 2008 at 9:19 pm Reason: by request of member.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 4:41 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I would suggest calling MR and asking about the rate. Is it valid for a stay up to 4 nights or just 2? Also, it looks like per the rules that Breakfast is included.

I also noticed that there is an "Escape - Dancing Package" that is also a per stay rate but it is only 318.00(EUR) for the same 4 nights (Thursday - Monday). It not only includes breakfast but dinner as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.