FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Marriott Coffee-Where Can I Purchase It? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/805863-marriott-coffee-where-can-i-purchase.html)

fmkgb Mar 27, 2008 1:46 pm

Marriott Coffee-Where Can I Purchase It?

I love the standard decaf coffee found primarily at full service Marriotts--at the least one's that still have a standard coffee pot in the rooms. It's called "Gourmet Bean" filter packs -- seems to be private label packed for Marriott. Does anyone know where I can purchase this? I've tried to purchase it in bulk directly from several hotels but they don't seem interested in the sale. The packaging only says "Packed for Coffee Bean, Washington DC 20058" which I'm surmising is Marriott. Web search doesn't find any company with that name.

Marie, if you can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. And you may wish to suggest to corporate to include it in your brochure of Marriott items (linens, bathrobes, bedding etc) which can be purchased by consumers. I know several people who love it and would purchase it if priced reasonably. Please don't change the vendor you're using. The coffee is better than anything I can purchase locally.

Appreciate anyone who knows who the manufacturer is and how I can purchase this brand of coffee either directly from them or from Marriott. Thanks.

DJ_Iceman Mar 27, 2008 9:27 pm

Well I certainly hope they can help you out and get you this coffee. I know what it's like to fall in love with a certain hospitality item and to struggle to find it as a mere consumer.

But I have to question your sanity in loving that coffee! I will sometimes use the little coffee pot in the room if they provide Starbucks, but have totally given up on the "generic" stuff in the black pack. It just doesn't taste like anything to me except maybe coffee-tinged water. Wow!

P.S. There is a chain of coffee shops called "The Coffee Bean" (http://www.coffeebean.com), but I'm not sure they supply the in-room stuff to Marriott.

sophiegirl Mar 28, 2008 3:48 am

As a plat - do you have a hotel {with which you have }a strong enough relationship to ask them to sell you a case?

aaupgrade Mar 28, 2008 5:12 am

Well at the hotels in Costa Rica they stock Cafe Britt Coffee which is excellent IMO. Whether it is repackaged generic for rest of the Marriott chain is another question. Either way you could try Cafe Britt and see if you like it. You can order directly from their web site at www.cafebritt.com FWIW, I buy 24-72 lbs at a time from them and they ship direct from Costa Rica. You can order 12 oz bags via the COSTA RICA COFFEE link in the uppper banner; or cases of 2 lb bags (which is what I do) via the VOLUME DISCOUNTS link, with free shipping on the latter. You probably want to try it first, but if you like it then the 2 lb bag is a much better price. I order for myself and a few friends. Their decaf is made using the indirect water process more details of which can be found on their web site.

jb2001 Mar 28, 2008 5:59 am

Ditto on Cafe Britt...not to sound like a commercial - but the prior post is correct. Once you try it, no other coffee is the same. You will give up cream and sugar forever. They ship their beans to Germany for decaffeination via a water injection process...Cafe Britt is provide at all the Marriott properties in CR, as well as Cancun Marriott (I'm sure at other latin/carribean properties)

fmkgb Mar 28, 2008 6:04 am

Iceaman,
Tried Coffee Bean - not the same. Starbucks too much caffeine for me in their decaf. Thanks though. Some hotels in Calif have Wolfgang Puck's coffee which is by far the worst coffee I have ever tasted--I don't know how he can attach his name to it.

fmkgb Mar 28, 2008 6:06 am

I'll look into the Cafe Britt if they have pillow pacs. Need the ease in the morning.

damon2 Mar 28, 2008 7:46 am

I just ordered some coffee from Cafe Britt. They have free shipping to US, until march 31st on all orders.

sophiegirl Mar 28, 2008 9:25 am

other than the coffee????

thanks for the heads up damon 2!

i have never purchased from here (nor have I had the luck to stay in the Costa Rica Marriotts):( - but I have never found a decaf I have been happy with so will try it.

has anyone tried anything other than the coffee? (nuts, etc)

TIA -

Marriott Concierge Mar 28, 2008 9:56 am

Hello,

The Gourmet Bean Coffee is a special blend created for Marriott through Kraft Foods. Unfortunately it is not for sale anywhere.

I will definitely send this thread over to our Corporate Marketing group, so they can see your suggestion that it be offered as a product in our catalog. Good idea, thanks!

I personally prefer it when the hotels have Starbucks available, but I have never tried the Cafe Britt brand, sounds good.

Kind regards,

Marie

fmkgb Mar 28, 2008 10:54 am

Thanks Marie.

While you're emailing Corporate Marketing you may wish to mention that I HATE the new small single serving coffee pots that I have recently experienced at several hotels (eg, Marriott San Francisco near Moscone). It only takes single serving pods of atrocious quality decaf. Those pods have to be more expensive for Marriott than the standard coffee and the taste is awful.

And worse than that is the changeover I have been seeing to paper coffee cups in the rooms instead of a ceramic mug. Would Marriott Corporate want to drink out of that? Please bring back the ceramic mugs in the rooms. We end up have to borrow mugs every day from the concierge lounge if it is open or from the dining room if it's a weekend. Very Very annoying.

DO THE PAPER CUPS BOTHER ANYONE ELSE??

sophiegirl Mar 28, 2008 11:56 am

Yes, I hate them. But I think they are a response to some of the "undercover" health reports that have come out recently re hotel glasses, cups, mugs, etc that are found in the rooms.

I started a thread last week talking about the old timey little paper bags that cover water glasses found in the rooms - all of a sudden they seem to be popping up - and I am guessing it is same type of issue.

Perhaps that could be a new Plat arrival gift - a mug that can be used during your stay....:cool:

fmkgb Mar 28, 2008 12:06 pm

Sophiegirl,
I suspect the downgrade to paper coffee cups in more to try to save money related to processing the mugs (washing, breakage, replacing with a clean one each day) than hygiene. They still have two sets of glasses in the room and use mugs in the concierge lounge. I'd rather Marriott reevaluate this new downgrade rather than give me a mug that I'll just probably leave at the hotel rather than take it home.

sophiegirl Mar 28, 2008 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by fmkgb (Post 9481394)
Sophiegirl,.....I'd rather Marriott reevaluate this new downgrade rather than give me a mug that I'll just probably leave at the hotel rather than take it home.

I would too. I was making a joke. Evidently not that funny.......:td:;

NDDomer86 Mar 28, 2008 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by fmkgb (Post 9480988)
Thanks Marie.

While you're emailing Corporate Marketing you may wish to mention that I HATE the new small single serving coffee pots that I have recently experienced at several hotels (eg, Marriott San Francisco near Moscone). It only takes single serving pods of atrocious quality decaf. Those pods have to be more expensive for Marriott than the standard coffee and the taste is awful.

You do realize that the coffee pot is one of the first things people tend to grab when they need to vomit right? Just thought I'd share :(