Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever use All Inclusive Award on Paid Stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

I booked a room for the Los Suenos Marriott in Costa Rica. I got a great deal with a Cyber Monday Special they had. Anyway, I ordered the all inclusive award to go with it. I emailed Marriott to have them link the AI Award with the reservation and they confirmed that it was done via email and that I was all set.

Later, I was reading the AI Award terms and read that it was only good with an award stay. I'm not sure why a Marriott rep from the Platinum Premier desk would confirm that it was okay to do if it was not.

So, I called the Platinum Premier desk and they told me that it could not be used with a paid stay. I asked for a one-time exception and they told me "No" even though I had it in writing that someone else already said it was okay.

So, the question is: Have you ever been able to use the all inclusive award with a paid stay? And, since I have it in writing that it was "okayed" do I continue to push the issue? I have emailed the hotel directly to ask what it would cost to add an all inclusive option but have yet to hear back.

Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Um if you already had it in writing why did you call and ask again? Now they have a record of telling you no.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Um if you already had it in writing why did you call and ask again? Now they have a record of telling you no.
I was concerned as it was still showing up in the "unused certificate"area. I thought that it would be linked with the reservation somehow.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 3:02 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
I'd definitely call back again, and speak to someone else. Let them know that it was THEIR suggestion that you book the AI add-on with points, not yours.

Worse case, they should redeposit the points. Can you use points for gift cards, to spend on meals and drinks?

Still, that doesn't make sense that they suggested this and it does say that it's supposed to be on points stays.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Rule of thumb here. Whenever you feel you have been, arguably, unreasonably denied a seemingly reasonable request, either ask for a supervisor, or simply thank the person, and then call back and get a different rep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.