Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Originally Posted by ab_initio
Same problem in my account, called but still on hold after an hour.
I was on hold for over 2 hours yesterday!
Old May 8, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by JHake10
My lifetime points balance is showing as 0 now. Hopefully this gets fixed.
Originally Posted by ab_initio
Same problem in my account, called but still on hold after an hour.
Originally Posted by s0479
I was on hold for over 2 hours yesterday!
1. Click "Night Detail".
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview"
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.
sdsearch and JHake10 like this.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yrs
An update:

Lifetime points still not showing in the obvious places. The link provided upthread is working, and lifetime points do show.

My anniversary was three days ago. Points from spend posted that same day. Certificate did not post.
Nothing the next day.
This morning my certificate posted. The 15 elite nights posted. With this, I just made Lifetime Gold.
But,
- no email confirming Lifetime Gold status
- no change on status on the landing page on the website.
- Lifetime totals page does not show new status
- the link from upthread does show "Gold Lifetime Totals" for points and nights. The only recognition of having achieved the new status.

I wonder if I will receive an email or other formal communication for the change in status? Would I receive a Gold Lifetime Card?
What has been the experience of other FTers when they achieved LTG or higher?
What is your current annual status? If it's Gold or higher, you're not likely to get notified in any way (other than the page that shows Lifetime Status). You will only notice it elsewhere if and when you drop below annual Gold, and thus it's only the Lifetime Gold that's keeping you at Gold. (Except remember that Gold and Lifetime Gold will be renamed to Platinum and Lifetime Platinum in August. But it's a renaming, nothing more. I wrote the preceding based on the current status names.)
Old May 8, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txpenny
1. Click "Night Detail".
One clarification: It seems you have to re-log-in at some point doing the process. (I noticed at Step 3 that it no longer showed me logged in.)

I think both the reason this works and the reason you have to re-log-in is because you're being thrown to an older version of the Marriott website (as was linked above) at some point, and that older version of the website requires a separate login, no matter how you get there it seems. (I have to do the separate login if I go straight the older version of the website, through a saved link after logging into the current website.)
txpenny likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
MR was a while ago, but I know SPG LT status is updated by a periodic process that only seems to run every 2-4 weeks, iirc. I'd give it at least 2 weeks before doing anything about it.

(where would you even see it? I spend a good 10 minute on the web site and mobile app and don't see "Lifetime Platinum" anywhere. I know it's on a physical card I have somewhere, but I haven't looked for it online in years)

Last edited by CPRich; May 8, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Old May 8, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by sdsearch
One clarification: It seems you have to re-log-in at some point doing the process. (I noticed at Step 3 that it no longer showed me logged in.)

I think both the reason this works and the reason you have to re-log-in is because you're being thrown to an older version of the Marriott website (as was linked above) at some point, and that older version of the website requires a separate login, no matter how you get there it seems. (I have to do the separate login if I go straight the older version of the website, through a saved link after logging into the current website.)
It works but what a pain - I dont really care but it should be easier to follow your status.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by txpenny
1. Click "Night Detail".
Thanks for the detailed directions to find this. I added to the wiki.
txpenny likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I think it's safe to say there will be many more "glitches" as they get ready for the merged program. Now would be a good time to get snaps of any pages you feel are important to you and track your own progress to compare with the results. If you value what you've earned in the program then treat it like a bank account and keep statements (screen captures) and reconcile the transactions along the way. Expecting them to keep accurate records is valid. Depending upon them to keep accurate not so wise.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yrs
I wonder if I will receive an email or other formal communication for the change in status? Would I receive a Gold Lifetime Card?
What has been the experience of other FTers when they achieved LTG or higher?
I received no notice when I earned LTG. I'm not even sure when it happened. Same for LTP. At this point I have earned LTPx3, and I've never heard boo about it from Marriott.

I remember reading in old threads that the LT cards do not get sent until you fall below your LT level. In other words, if you are Plat they are not going to sent you a LTG or LTP card, because you have a plat card. No idea if this will continue after August 1.
Old May 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by lexdevil
I remember reading in old threads that the LT cards do not get sent until you fall below your LT level. In other words, if you are Plat they are not going to sent you a LTG or LTP card, because you have a plat card. No idea if this will continue after August 1.
I received a card marked Lifetime Platinum after meeting the criteria in 2013, and have received the same every year since.
Old May 9, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CPRich
I received a card marked Lifetime Platinum after meeting the criteria in 2013, and have received the same every year since.
Weird. Why would they need to replace a lifetime card annually? I have received a Platinum Premier card each year since 2011 (and Platinum for several years prior to that), but nothing indicating any lifetime status. I wonder what makes you so special (or me so unremarkable)?

Just to clarify, your annual lifetime card is Marriott, not Starwood, right?

Last edited by lexdevil; May 9, 2018 at 9:34 pm
Old May 10, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I can see my lifetime nights on my app and also on website. Where can I see how many Platinum I have over the years?
Old May 10, 2018, 8:44 am

I followed the wiki instructions but could not find the lifetime.

Additionally, have you found where it states your lifetime status i.e. gold, platinum?

thanks

Last edited by marivk; May 10, 2018 at 8:54 am
Old May 10, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Can we confirm that Lifetime points total is being updated once we transfer from another Marriott account or CHase UR?
Old May 10, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by marivk
I followed the wiki instructions but could not find the lifetime.

Additionally, have you found where it states your lifetime status i.e. gold, platinum?

thanks
Do you see the popup as shown in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29714903-post3045.html It states what your current LifeTime status is, at least for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.