Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old May 3, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They've been having many issues with the lifetime points counter, not just today but for weeks if not months, not just with zero displays but displays that were off by many thousands or more.

So I presume they took the nights line away for now until they can fix it and try to make it display an accurate count for everyone. (They have already told some people that they are working on it.)

You can get an accurate count by calling up. That's how many people discovered that their counts online were wrong. (But apparently not everyone's counts online were wrong either, just some people's.)

I'm not sure what the problem is with displaying them online correctly if the agents you call up have access to it correctly, but then this is infamous semi-competent Marriott IT we're talking about.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Do you have to book those on the site or just call a Marriott and say you want to book a meeting? Does any hotel in the Marriott family count?
Old May 3, 2018, 1:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Starwood was able to tell you how many years you were Marriott elite?
Old May 3, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by izzik
Starwood was able to tell you how many years you were Marriott elite?
Very funny! (not)
Old May 3, 2018, 2:45 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tennisboy
Do you have to book those on the site or just call a Marriott and say you want to book a meeting? Does any hotel in the Marriott family count?
You should probably check out this thread:

Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required

People may have had luck with contacting individual hotels directly (NOT Marriott 800 number), but I usually start at

Hotel Meeting Rooms | Marriott Event Ideas

Once the meeting is done, it is important the hotel use the "Group Posting Tool" to "post" the meeting.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: United 1P
When to Qualify for LTPP

Is the deadline to qualify for the Lifetime Platinum Premier July 31 or Dec31? Thanks.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by JCrew7384
Given that they aren't going to combine nights and points for qualification purposes under the old program, that gives me absolutely 0 incentive to stay at Marriott the rest of the year.
What do you mean by this? I thought Marriott and SPG lifetime activity was being combined in August:

"...when you combine Rewards and SPG accounts, we will combine your lifetime activity across both toward Lifetime Elite status ..."
and
"You can qualify for Lifetime status based on your combined Rewards and SPG nights and Elite years....You can also qualify via the existing criteria through December 31, 2018."
Old May 3, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Saidoh
What do you mean by this? I thought Marriott and SPG lifetime activity was being combined in August:

"...when you combine Rewards and SPG accounts, we will combine your lifetime activity across both toward Lifetime Elite status ..."
and
"You can qualify for Lifetime status based on your combined Rewards and SPG nights and Elite years....You can also qualify via the existing criteria through December 31, 2018."
This has been clearly defined across programs.

Before end of year 2018, you'll be able to qualify under the lifetime status of both programs, but it will not consider your combined activity. Just if you make Lifetime Silver/Gold/Plat (graduates to lifetime Gold/Plat/Premier Plat in new program) under legacy Marriott Rewards, or lifetime SPG Gold/Plat (Gold/Plat in new program), it will be honored under the existing terms to qualify in each program.

From August 1st onward, for your qualification in 2019 and beyond in the new program, combined nights/years activity will be considered together for the new lifetime program in 2019 (which does not allow Lifetime Plat Premier qualification and that is a grandfathered status only, and lifetime gold/plat at terms different from previous in both programs).
CJKatl and edcho like this.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: United 1P
My question is whether the cutoff day for the grandfathered LTPP is August 1st. If I became a Marriott LTP based on the current criteria after August 1st, will I be grandfathered into LTPP?
Old May 3, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by kgkg
My question is whether the cutoff day for the grandfathered LTPP is August 1st. If I became a Marriott LTP based on the current criteria after August 1st, will I be grandfathered into LTPP?
Unanswered question right now, but they have said you have until the end of 2018 to make status. They are also saying we will be asked to merge our accounts into the new program, so my guess is you have until you merge since there is nothing you can do in the new program to earn LTPP status.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Unanswered question right now, but they have said you have until the end of 2018 to make status. They are also saying we will be asked to merge our accounts into the new program, so my guess is you have until you merge since there is nothing you can do in the new program to earn LTPP status.
Actually this has been answered. There will be old counts and new counts. Even if you have merged your accounts for LT calculation purposes, your vintage MR or SPG count will keep going until the end of the year. Even if you have merged if you qualify with your old count under the old rules you will become LT under the old rules. Whether it will become an IT nightmare will be another story, but combining does not shut off your LT count which will continue until the end of the year.
mciampa likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
SPG has it on your Dashboard. MR sounds like it's a challenge.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:38 pm
alc

if you login to the UK website, the LT info should display correctly.

--- Added ---

look like they also convert the UK website to the new GUI

Last edited by alc; May 4, 2018 at 8:27 am Reason: added info
Old May 3, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Actually this has been answered. There will be old counts and new counts. Even if you have merged your accounts for LT calculation purposes, your vintage MR or SPG count will keep going until the end of the year. Even if you have merged if you qualify with your old count under the old rules you will become LT under the old rules. Whether it will become an IT nightmare will be another story, but combining does not shut off your LT count which will continue until the end of the year.
Maybe I'm stupid but I still don't think I understand. I am 100K points and 30 nights from LTPP (only counting MR). Do I need to hit 750 and 2M by July 31st or Dec 31st in order to achieve LTPP?
Old May 3, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bldr1k
Maybe I'm stupid but I still don't think I understand. I am 100K points and 30 nights from LTPP (only counting MR). Do I need to hit 750 and 2M by July 31st or Dec 31st in order to achieve LTPP?
Dec 31. But even if you combine your SPG account in August, SPG nights and points won’t count towards this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.