Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by JLandon79
I'm adding this post per a conversation I had with a Rewards customer service agent that was ultimately escalated to higher levels at Marriott based on concerns with my personal situation. I currently hold lifetime gold status at both Marriott as well as at SPG (Marriott - 700 nights, 1.7M+ points; SPG - 350 nights, 700,000 pre-3:1 converted points, 2.1M post-converted points). Although I'm not going to hit LTP in either program by August, I expressed concern about not being grandfathered in to lifetime platinum premier status based on the fact that as an example, there could be a Marriott LTP member that barely qualified for LTP status granted this higher status versus someone like me, whose aggregate nights and points post-merger would be significantly higher than many legacy LTP members (which to me doesn't seem to reward someone that falls into this sliver of a situation which I'm sure many of you reading this do). For me personally, I'll have over 1,000 nights and over 3.5M+ lifetime points post-consolidation and felt that this shouldn't be overlooked. I was assured after talking with higher ups that someone in my situation would be grandfathered into lifetime platinum premier based on the order of operations they will execute the program merger and this idea that you have until the end of the calendar year to achieve the status in either program. I would encourage anyone else that falls into a similar situation to definitely call in and validate what I'm saying to ensure that this actually does come to pass (aka. the more of us that call I think the better).
I certainly hope that's correct; I'm currently LTS, with just under 700 MR nights, 1.3MM+ points; SPG, I have over 200 nights (so over 900 combined) and 275M current points (plus 112M points cashed in from 2015 onwards), so combining will get me well over 2MM lifetime points.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Am I reading the life time stuff correctly? I’m currently lifetime plat in both MR and SPG. W/ MR I’ve got 1,000+ rooms and 3 million+ points. So that puts me at life time plat, which is the same as platinum premier elite…as in the 50-74 night status? If so, does that include the 5 SNA’s annually even if I don’t hit that native status during the calendar year? LIFETIME PLATINUM ELITE600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years* Platinum Elite Status
  1. Points Never Expire
  2. All Platinum Elite benefits
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
dupe post

Last edited by dingo; Apr 20, 2018 at 3:41 am
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by dingo
Am I reading the life time stuff correctly? I’m currently lifetime plat in both MR and SPG. W/ MR I’ve got 1,000+ rooms and 3 million+ points. So that puts me at life time plat, which is the same as platinum premier elite…as in the 50-74 night status? If so, does that include the 5 SNA’s annually even if I don’t hit that native status during the calendar year? LIFETIME PLATINUM ELITE600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years* Platinum Elite Status
  1. Points Never Expire
  2. All Platinum Elite benefits
You get Lifetime Platinum Premier which gets you a bit more points and 48 hour guarantee plus a slight preference for upgrades over a regulalr elite.

It does not include SNAs -- you still have to get 50 or 75 nights to earn those.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by edcho

It does not include SNAs -- you still have to get 50 or 75 nights to earn those.
Is that written anywhere or just speculation?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:46 am

hmm. The text I inserted is from the MR website and it says Lifetime Platinum Elite = "All Platinum Elite Benefits" which = the 50-74 night tier right? There is no mention of anything called "Lifetime Platinum Premier." I can't imagine any lifetime status would come w/ SNA's but the way that it is worded leaves that open to speculation.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by dingo
hmm. The text I inserted is from the MR website and it says Lifetime Platinum Elite = "All Platinum Elite Benefits" which = the 50-74 night tier right? There is no mention of anything called "Lifetime Platinum Premier." I can't imagine any lifetime status would come w/ SNA's but the way that it is worded leaves that open to speculation.
If you are already LTP at Marriott you will be grandfathered into LT Platinum Premier in August. See the section on LT status about halfway down the page:

https://members.marriott.com/marriottrewards/
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:05 am

Hi -

Confused after speaking with MR...twice !!....any guidance is greatly appreciated.
I made Platinum with Marriott on 12/19/2012 and have held it since. In addition, I had Plat status with SPG in 2011, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
So -- if I am correct -- I have 7 years of Plat with Marriott (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) and 4 years of Plat with SPG (2011, 2016, 2017, 2018) to make it 11 years of Plat with the combined program. Marriott Rewards told me that I cannot count 2012 as being Plat since I made it late in the year and also that I cannot count 2018 as a dual year of Plat since it is the year of the combination of the loyalty programs. How can this be true ? Any insight is greatly appreciated...thanks all.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:09 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by edgill
Hi -So -- if I am correct -- I have 7 years of Plat with Marriott (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) and 4 years of Plat with SPG (2011, 2016, 2017, 2018) to make it 11 years of Plat with the combined program. Marriott Rewards told me that I cannot count 2012 as being Plat since I made it late in the year and also that I cannot count 2018 as a dual year of Plat since it is the year of the combination of the loyalty programs. How can this be true ? Any insight is greatly appreciated...thanks all.
How many different times did you "achieve" or reach the number of nights/stays required for Plat status? Count those. And as for 2018, counting "twice" or not, we may have to wait until Marriott actually combines things to know definitively whether it will count twice or only once. I'm actually surprised they will count your 2016 and 2017 elite years twice. That is very generous actually (but probably easier on their side rather than figuring out which years might be duplicated years.)

So in your situation, I'm assuming you had 75 or more nights in the following years: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017? Have you already racked up 75 nights in 2018? If not then you only have 6 years Plat on the Marriott side. On the Starwood side, it looks like you had 25 stays/50 nights or more in the following years: 2011, 2016, 2017. Have you already racked up 25 stays/50 nights in Starwood hotels in 2018? If not, you can't count it yet.

Also, you might still get credit for one more Plat year once they combine your 2018 nights. So while you may not have 75 nights in Marriotts yet in 2018, you might end up with more than 75 nights when they add in your Starwood nights in August. That might add one 2018 to your total giving you 10 years. But as stated, I'm not sure that very many, if anyone even, within Marriott really knows what the final rules will be when they actually combine all the accounts. So I'd take anything a phone rep says with a grain of salt right now. (Note this is why even the Starwood Lurkers aren't really offering a whole lot of clarification around most of this as even they don't really know yet either.)
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Hi -

Confused after speaking with MR...twice !!....any guidance is greatly appreciated.
I made Platinum with Marriott on 12/19/2012 and have held it since. In addition, I had Plat status with SPG in 2011, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
So -- if I am correct -- I have 7 years of Plat with Marriott (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) and 4 years of Plat with SPG (2011, 2016, 2017, 2018) to make it 11 years of Plat with the combined program. Marriott Rewards told me that I cannot count 2012 as being Plat since I made it late in the year and also that I cannot count 2018 as a dual year of Plat since it is the year of the combination of the loyalty programs. How can this be true ? Any insight is greatly appreciated...thanks all.
The comment on 2012 confuses me a bit. Why does it matter when you qualified during the year? They will, of course, have to make some sort of determination about the definition of what a qualifying year is, but that seems silly. I could see them saying that only the years that you qualified for count, not the year in which you qualified (e.g. qualify in 2016, but only get credit for 2017 instead of 2016 and 2017). I could see them making a cut-off date like July 1 where if you qualified before that date you get credit, but I'm not sure if they want to go to this level of detail. This is a detail we probably won't know until we get close to August 1.
RogerD408 likes this.

Last edited by tods27; Apr 20, 2018 at 7:38 am
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:11 am

Combined lifetime platinum is based on number of years you hit 50 nights retroactively (since platinum is the legacy gold), not 75
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by crimsona
Combined lifetime platinum is based on number of years you hit 50 nights retroactively (since platinum is the legacy gold), not 75
I hope you are right but I am not counting on it.

This is the exact question I have been asking. But that is not the way the documentation reads.

Someone on FT said they were told that by a Marriott exec. But I have not seen anything in writing.

I need those MR Gold years since I only have 5 as SPG Plat and 1-2 as MR Plat.

The way the documentation reads is that you need SPG Plat years and MR Plat years (which are 75)
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:38 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
I hope you are right but I am not counting on it.

This is the exact question I have been asking. But that is not the way the documentation reads.

Someone on FT said they were told that by a Marriott exec. But I have not seen anything in writing.

I need those MR Gold years since I only have 5 as SPG Plat and 1-2 as MR Plat.

The way the documentation reads is that you need SPG Plat years and MR Plat years (which are 75)
The main Marriott-SPG combination thread over on the SPG forum is collecting questions, one of which is this one, and they are getting official answers from the SPG Flyertalk Lurkers. That question hasn't been answered yet but worth keeping an eye on it there.
Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Hi -

So -- if I am correct -- I have 7 years of Plat with Marriott (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) and 4 years of Plat with SPG (2011, 2016, 2017, 2018) to make it 11 years of Plat with the combined program.
If you earned PLT with MR through 75 nights for 2013,14,15,16,17,18 and earned PLT at SPG for 2011,16,17,18, you would have 10 years at PLT in the combined program. (assuming you won't qualify again this year under the existing terms - you have through 12/31)

Qualifying in late 2012 for the 2013 program year does not count twice, I believe. And you have at least 10, so it's moot.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by bgriff
The main Marriott-SPG combination thread over on the SPG forum is collecting questions, one of which is this one, and they are getting official answers from the SPG Flyertalk Lurkers.
Marriott is doing the same on MI - https://insiders.marriottrewards.com/docs/DOC-15973

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.