Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:41 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
The operative wording being “... where you earned it....” so if you earned LT in Marriott you’ll have LT in the next Marriott program, however as of today if you earned it in the Starwood program you’re SOL
Originally Posted by ua-nyc

faqs marriott rewards, spg & the ritz-carlton rewards

seems painfully straightforward to me

we appreciate your loyalty! We will continue to recognize your existing lifetime status in the program where you earned it today, and in any new, combined program in the future

​​​​​​​
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Srisarin
The operative wording being “... where you earned it....” so if you earned LT in Marriott you’ll have LT in the next Marriott program, however as of today if you earned it in the Starwood program you’re SOL
​​​​​​​you are selectively ignoring the whole “and in any new, combined program in the future”. As in, it doesn’t matter which program you earned it in, it will be honored in the combined program.

To read it any other way is fairly intellectually dishonest.
X-ON and mooper like this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:05 am
Suspended

Obviously I disagree for if they wanted to write it the way you want it they would have stated earned in EITHER program then you would have LT in the combined, but they didn't write it that way and as an attorney I’ll assume for a reason, so if you earned LT in SPG, going forward you'll have LT in SPG for life, for what its worth, as it won’t exist, but you can always dream

Originally Posted by UA-NYC

you are selectively ignoring the whole “and in any new, combined program in the future”. As in, it doesn’t matter which program you earned it in, it will be honored in the combined program.

To read it any other way is fairly intellectually dishonest.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Obviously I disagree for if they wanted to write it the way you want it they would have stated earned in EITHER program then you would have LT in the combined, but they didn't write it that way and as an attorney I’ll assume for a reason, so if you earned LT in SPG, going forward you'll have LT in SPG for life, for what its worth, as it won’t exist, but you can always dream

When they honor SPG LT Gold and Plat in the new program (just like the respective MR LT levels), just as they came out and clearly said so in the FAQ originally, I will be sure to link back to these posts and have a good laugh.

In fact, I will bet you $100 on it right now. Easy money IMO.

Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:25 am
Suspended

Never said they won’t , just stating that based upon what they have published to date they haven't, but like I said before, you can always dream that they will

When they honor SPG LT Gold and Plat in the new program (just like the respective MR LT levels), just as they came out and clearly said so in the FAQ originally, I will be sure to link back to these posts and have a good laugh.

In fact, I will bet you $100 on it right now. Easy money IMO.

Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never said they won’t , just stating that based upon what they have published to date they haven't, but like I said before, you can always dream that they will

i will take that as a tacit admission you may not be so confident in your reading of the FAQ after all. It is painfully clear that they will honor LT status no matter how and where earned, case closed, based on the FAQ.

would make for a great poll question. I will ask the mods to put it up. I’m guessing few see it the way you do.
Football Fan and X-ON like this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:43 am
Suspended

No, I’m VERY confident in my interpretation of the FAQ as currently written regardless of your “case closed” opinion to the contrary.

And I love those folks who state it’s “painfully clear” as they've made me alot of money, but what do I know, only carried Esq since 1985 !!

i will take that as a tacit admission you may not be so confident in your reading of the FAQ after all. It is painfully clear that they will honor LT status no matter how and where earned, case closed, based on the FAQ.

would make for a great poll question. I will ask the mods to put it up. I’m guessing few see it the way you do.

Last edited by Srisarin; Dec 31, 2017 at 6:53 am
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
No, I’m VERY confident in my interpretation of the FAQ as currently written regardless of your “case closed” opinion to the contrary.

And I love those folks who state it’s “painfully clear” as they've made me alot of money, but what do I know, only carried Esq since 1985 !!
I am with the others that it won't' matter which program you earned LT status that it will carry over. MR especially is not known for it's great wordsmithing so some interpretation is needed. But those that have obtained LT status should be good to go. What is left dangling is what is going to be required to earn LT status in the new program. I am LTGold in both programs. What's going to be required to make LTPlat (or higher) in the new?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I am with the others that it won't' matter which program you earned LT status that it will carry over. MR especially is not known for it's great wordsmithing so some interpretation is needed. But those that have obtained LT status should be good to go. What is left dangling is what is going to be required to earn LT status in the new program. I am LTGold in both programs. What's going to be required to make LTPlat (or higher) in the new?
Exactly. Not that complicated! But hey I haven’t had a title since 1985. What do I know, I just read the company statement that LT earned in either program will carry over into the new one.
jjmoore likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres

I'm a lawyer as well, and your interpretation makes absolutely no sense, as it goes against the explicit wording by Marriott.

We appreciate your loyalty! We will continue to recognize your existing Lifetime Status in the program where you earned it today, and in any new, combined program in the future.
Horace, X-ON, UA-NYC and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Obviously I disagree for if they wanted to write it the way you want it they would have stated earned in EITHER program then you would have LT in the combined, but they didn't write it that way and as an attorney I’ll assume for a reason,
Perhaps the reason is as simple as EITHER implies TWO programs and in fact there are THREE? SPG, Marriott and Ritz each have separate loyalty programs.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Segments
Perhaps the reason is as simple as EITHER implies TWO programs and in fact there are THREE? SPG, Marriott and Ritz each have separate loyalty programs.
The FAQ treats Rewards and SPG as two programs. Guests can link a Rewards account and an SPG account. From a marketing and presentation perspective, there are two "flavors" of Rewards -- the Marriott and Ritz-Carlton versions -- but it's still the same Rewards program and underlying system. A guest is only supposed to have a single Rewards account.
Will my Lifetime Status be recognized in the other program via Status Match?
We appreciate your loyalty! We will continue to recognize your existing Lifetime Status in the program where you earned it today, and in any new, combined program in the future. Since Rewards and SPG are still two separate programs, linking accounts will not result in Lifetime Status in the other program. However, your Elite status will be matched to the same Elite tier in the other program.
As long as Rewards and SPG remain separate, Lifetime Status in SPG does not provide officlal Lifetime Status in Rewards, and Lifetime Status in Rewards does not provide official Lifetime Status in SPG. However, a guest with Lifetime Status who links his or her Rewards and SPG accounts effectively gets the Elite level from the Lifetime Status across both programs, despite only having Lifetime Status in one program (or having a higher Lifetime Status in one program than the other).

Things change when there is "any new, combined program in the future." The company "will continue to recognize your existing Lifetime Status." There is no distinction between Rewards or SPG heritage.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Almost to the finish line. 738 nights and more than 2 million points. Credit card anniversary is in March (+15 nights) which will take me over the line even if I don't travel before then.

(I wouldn't have believed those words from 2013-2015 when I was traveling every week, but circumstances change).

Now I wait...

Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by phltraveler
Almost to the finish line. 738 nights and more than 2 million points. Credit card anniversary is in March (+15 nights) which will take me over the line even if I don't travel before then.

(I wouldn't have believed those words from 2013-2015 when I was traveling every week, but circumstances change).

Now I wait...

At the same finish line. Currently have 573 LT nights and 2.2MM points. Will cross 750 LT nights when rollover nights hit (in a week?).
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA CK 8MM, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Dia
I'm a relative newbie to Flyertalk, and particularly to the Hotels section. I have a question that, no doubt, has already been answered somewhere in this lengthy thread, but here goes anyway...I've been a LT member for a number of years, with around 2000 nights and a little over 7 million points. I typically stay between 150-180 nights a year at a combination of JW's, Marriotts and Courtyards. Never once, not a single time, has my lifetime status been recognized by a Marriott employee. To me, other than bragging rights (and not much to brag about), it is truly the most meaningless loyalty program benefit out there. Am I missing something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.