Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:30 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Yes. Sometimes I'm staying at locations with little upgrade ability (CY, RI, SHS, etc.). When I stay at FS locations for work I can sometimes manage an upgrade, but the price is dear. I have to room with a coworker, and pretty much every suite upgrade means taking a king with a rollaway. Just spent a week in Dallas on the rollaway. These upgrades are a mixed blessing.

When I really want the upgrade is when I vacation with my family. On these occasions I have the double whammy of needing two beds and needing a 7 night stay on points (Travel Package redemption). Over the years, County Hall has been good for upgrades (to view and larger rooms), but I hate walking across Westminster Bridge, so I'm kind of done with it. I was treated very well and upgraded to a larger room at the Grosvenor House the time I stayed there. Park Lane and Renaissance St. Pancras charge for upgrades, so no luck there. All I've come to count on is lounge access.

I usually call the PP line to get an email address for the hotel and make a direct request. Could try Twitter, but not sure why it should be more effective than the PP line.

Patently false. My recent stays are probably typical:

Dallas Marriott City Center - Suite upgrade + rollaway
Residence Inn Salem, OR - No upgrade
Courtyard Portland Downtown - No upgrade
Residence Inn Lexington/South Hamburg, KY - No upgrade (but none possible because I booked a 2 bedroom)
TownPlace Suites Henderson, NV - No upgrade
Residence Inn Salem, OR - Upgrade to 2 bedroom
Courtyard Oakland/Emeryville, CA - No upgrade
Santa Clara Marriott - No upgrade
Residence Inn Palo Alto/Mountain View, CA - No upgrade
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center - No upgrade
Boston Marriott Burlington - No upgrade
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Tempe/Airport - No upgrade
Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks - No upgrade

That's 2 upgrades in 13 stays. I'm starting to think that the programs that allow you to book a certain number of suite upgrade nights would suit my needs better. Perhaps guaranteed suite upgrades would be a good perk for PPs (better than the random gifts they send). Or they could be a reward for longevity (say a 1 night suite upgrade certificate for every 200 nights beyond LTP).
Wow..hats off to you. There is no way that I would regularly share a room with a coworker. I have done it a couple times in previous companies for special trips only (e.g., optional promo event in Vegas, and I had a great sofa bed anyway). I have asked for an upgrade on every stay though in the past 6 months (maybe 35 stays and 50ish nights) where it was possible to get one (cant upgrade in SHS or MVCI) and gotten upgraded to a corner room, executive suite, or jr suite every time except one, where I was only upgraded to concierge level.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:14 am
Suspended

Just completed my 750 night/2,090,000 points at the MCO Marriott
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status

Had a quick look:

331 nights
1.362m points

Not bad considering I only joined MR in (I think) in 2012....

(Points all from stays and bonus, no credit card - nights include roll over)
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NDN
Wow..hats off to you. There is no way that I would regularly share a room with a coworker. I have done it a couple times in previous companies for special trips only (e.g., optional promo event in Vegas, and I had a great sofa bed anyway).
It's my choice (in a way). I don't work for a traditional for profit business. I'm a teacher running a large (80+ students) debate team on a limited budget. The students pay for most expenses when we travel to competitions. If I had my own room I would have to charge the students more or cut back on opportunities for the kids who get financial aid. I'm not willing to do that. My travel decisions are all about balancing maximizing opportunities for competition with maximizing safety/comfort for the kids (they compete better when they sleep better). Plus the kids sleep four to a room, so I expect it would be bad for morale if the adults got their own rooms.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Hope that Marriott will add the LT qualification only nights or only points versions.Something like 500/1000/1500 nights or 2.4m/3.2m/4.0m points. Next year could qualify for LT Silver or maybe Gold by nights but with points probably not in this life
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Yes. Sometimes I'm staying at locations with little upgrade ability (CY, RI, SHS, etc.). When I stay at FS locations for work I can sometimes manage an upgrade, but the price is dear. I have to room with a coworker, and pretty much every suite upgrade means taking a king with a rollaway. Just spent a week in Dallas on the rollaway. These upgrades are a mixed blessing.

When I really want the upgrade is when I vacation with my family. On these occasions I have the double whammy of needing two beds and needing a 7 night stay on points (Travel Package redemption). Over the years, County Hall has been good for upgrades (to view and larger rooms), but I hate walking across Westminster Bridge, so I'm kind of done with it. I was treated very well and upgraded to a larger room at the Grosvenor House the time I stayed there. Park Lane and Renaissance St. Pancras charge for upgrades, so no luck there. All I've come to count on is lounge access.

I usually call the PP line to get an email address for the hotel and make a direct request. Could try Twitter, but not sure why it should be more effective than the PP line.

Patently false. My recent stays are probably typical:

Dallas Marriott City Center - Suite upgrade + rollaway
Residence Inn Salem, OR - No upgrade
Courtyard Portland Downtown - No upgrade
Residence Inn Lexington/South Hamburg, KY - No upgrade (but none possible because I booked a 2 bedroom)
TownPlace Suites Henderson, NV - No upgrade
Residence Inn Salem, OR - Upgrade to 2 bedroom
Courtyard Oakland/Emeryville, CA - No upgrade
Santa Clara Marriott - No upgrade
Residence Inn Palo Alto/Mountain View, CA - No upgrade
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center - No upgrade
Boston Marriott Burlington - No upgrade
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Tempe/Airport - No upgrade
Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks - No upgrade

That's 2 upgrades in 13 stays. I'm starting to think that the programs that allow you to book a certain number of suite upgrade nights would suit my needs better. Perhaps guaranteed suite upgrades would be a good perk for PPs (better than the random gifts they send). Or they could be a reward for longevity (say a 1 night suite upgrade certificate for every 200 nights beyond LTP).
Ok, for that list of hotels above, did you email each of the hotels ahead of time?

Did you also directly ask at the front desk for an upgrade?

Just curious
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dayone
I only request upgrades when I want or would benefit from one. A limited number of trips are that special. In those cases, an upgrade is worth a little extra effort.

As for Twitter and VC, I personally don't use an impersonal channel to ask for a personal favor. YMMV.
Impersonal channel...lol.

Do you also not email people to request "personal" things?

What are your thoughts on txt messaging?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:58 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by alrvd83
Do you also not email people to request "personal" things?
I personally email people, not departments and I individualize the message and request.

What are your thoughts on txt messaging?
Quite handy for an immediate exchange; quite poor at conveying detail and substance. YMMV.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
I personally email people, not departments and I individualize the message and request.

Quite handy for an immediate exchange; quite poor at conveying detail and substance. YMMV.
Fair enough my friend. I understand wyour comments above but when trying to get room upgrades for example, taking more liberal actions has at least helped me out in the end. It's just a matter of whether it's worth the hassle

PS: I do like how SPG awards above and beyond to the people who stay beyond their Platinum level. Marriott should add something similar
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:02 pm

PS: I do like how SPG awards above and beyond to the people who stay beyond their Platinum level. Marriott should add something similar
I feel you.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:41 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Once you reach Plat, you are given 50% more points per stay, plus the Welcome Gift amenity points. This continues when you reach LTP. To put this in perspective, for a stay where a non-elite guest might earn 1500 points, you are earning 2250+ points. Assuming a 2 night stay at a FS property, that is 2500 pts/night. (Leaving cc points out of the equation.) Using those numbers, you earn five nights at a Cat 8 hotel after 64 nights, versus 107 nights for a non-elite member, or 60% faster. Figure three MegaBonus's per year, at 140k points, and spreading those out through the year, that's an additional 11,667 pts/mo that a rank and file member is not getting, which lowers the nights needed to earn that week to ~40 nights assuming 100 nights/year. Once you hit Plat, Marriott is giving you a week in a Cat 8 hotel 37% faster than a rank and file member.

With each stay, you are getting this huge additional perk. That's the point of earning Plat. It's not a goal that once you hit you congratulate yourself on the accomplishment and move on, it's a status that, once reached, bestows additional rewards with each stay. It's like scrimping and saving to buy a car but not driving it once you've purchase the car. Then why bother buying the car? Just to be able to say you own it?

That's my favorite perk: MR points that go towards vacations. That's the thing that Marriott is giving me once I become Plat and letting me keep it when I'm LTP. Those that are bemoaning that Marriott doesn't give us anything once we hit Plat seem to be missing this point. If you want to go to another program and get a lower level of points while you build status, do it. Personally, I find that leaving points on the table, which I don't want to do because the points are the best reward, IMO. Those that gripe that once you reach Plat there's no incentive left to stay at Marriott seem to miss that point.

Last edited by CJKatl; Jul 6, 2015 at 4:48 am
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: United, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, Hilton
Originally Posted by CJKatl
There is nothing on the website showing LTP, other than my LTP points count being 3.1m+ and my nights being 1.1k+.
When I log into the Marriott.com website and click on Lifetime Status it tells me:

Silver Lifetime Status

Nights 451
Points 1,470,219

You should see your Platinum Lifetime status here too.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by jmanrunner
When I log into the Marriott.com website and click on Lifetime Status it tells me:

Silver Lifetime Status

Nights 451
Points 1,470,219

You should see your Platinum Lifetime status here too.
My brain must not be working... I always thought that was the heading to let me know what was below showed my progress towards LTP. I see it now. Thanks for the clarification, and sorry for my being obtuse.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Those that are bemoaning that Marriott doesn't give us anything once we hit Plat seem to be missing this point. If you want to go to another program and get a lower level of points while you build status, do it. Personally, I find that leaving points on the table, which I don't want to do because the points are the best reward, IMO. Those that gripe that once you reach Plat there's no incentive left to stay at Marriott seem to miss that point.
This assumes a world without status matches, which is not the real world. I would earn bonus points immediately if I were to choose to bolt. It would, of course, have to be a reasonably long term commitment if I wanted to KEEP status in the new company. I'm just saying that I now have an incentive to check out the competition, which I don't think benefits Marriott.

Additionally, I don't argue that there should be an additional award/benefit for surpassing Platinum status. I argue that there should be some sort of recognition for doing so by a great margin. Like say. . . 2xLTP. Every now and then I read about a traveler who is feted by a location upon reaching LTP status, and I think, "gosh, nothing like that has ever happened to me." Then I looked at my lifetime total and found that I had just passed 2xLTP and it got me thinking..., "Hey, I could have used my second LTP run to earn lifetime status with another company. How dumb am I?"
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:39 am

This assumes a world without status matches, which is not the real world. I would earn bonus points immediately if I were to choose to bolt. It would, of course, have to be a reasonably long term commitment if I wanted to KEEP status in the new company. I'm just saying that I now have an incentive to check out the competition, which I don't think benefits Marriott.

Additionally, I don't argue that there should be an additional award/benefit for surpassing Platinum status. I argue that there should be some sort of recognition for doing so by a great margin. Like say. . . 2xLTP. Every now and then I read about a traveler who is feted by a location upon reaching LTP status, and I think, "gosh, nothing like that has ever happened to me." Then I looked at my lifetime total and found that I had just passed 2xLTP and it got me thinking..., "Hey, I could have used my second LTP run to earn lifetime status with another company. How dumb am I?"
You won't be status matched to the top tier at the other hotels, so you will be losing something. Plus, IMO, Hilton, Starwood and Holiday Inn points are not as valuable because it often takes more points to redeem at where I want to go, and those chains lack the breadth of Marriott.

Again, if what suits you is getting status at another chain, have at it. My post was meant as a reminder that there is benefit in staying at Marriott after surpassing Plat, PP, LTP or whatever. IMO, though, staying at Marriott was NOT "dumb" in any way, shape or form.

When I was deciding between law schools (Emory, Penn or GW) a wise family friend gave me a piece of advice. She said life is full of choices. Often we are presented with different choices and the hard part is there is no right or wrong choice. Her advice was take one of the good choices and move forward, enjoying that choice without worry whether it was the best choice. The irony is that twenty+ years later I told her son, an orthopedic surgeon, about this and he shot back, "Then why was she always telling us to do it because she said so?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.