Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel [Master Thread]

Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold

My wife and I are going to Paris in May. This hotel has a standard reward room available. On a map the location looks a distance from the tourist areas we will be visiting.

Can anyone tell me about this hotel including whether it has a CL and is it open on weekends?

Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:18 pm
gsb

I stayed there in September, and found it to be a pretty convenient location. The hotel is between two subway stops, and is also close to a RER station. We were there primarily for sightseeing and had no trouble.

The hotel does have a concierge lounge. I don't know if it's open on weekends. I think you'll enjoy your stay there.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:27 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
I stay here about 1 time a month. This is a fantastic hotel. Completely renovated and finished earlier this past summer. The CL is great. The staff are fantastic. I have a personal contact there and would be happy to give you her email address if you wanted to send her an email with any special requests or just to introduce yourself and make note of your stay. Send me a PM if you want that info.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:39 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I've stayed there too. I was quite pleased. I think it used to be a Sofitel, but now it's pure Marriott.

As noted, it is quite near the Metro so it is very easy and quick to get to the main tourist areas. Depending on how long you'll be there, you could buy a 'carnet' of 10 metro tickets or look into some of the other options for longer stays (A weekly pass--Ticket hebdomadaire-requires a small photo. There is also the more pricey but flexible Paris Visite pass. Both of these give unlimited trips in a certain time period). For more info: http://www.ratp.info/touristes/index.php?langue=en

Last edited by Renard; Jan 13, 2008 at 12:48 am
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
So they got a CL.....

Wow nice! I was there in April-May 2007 and there was no CL. I suppose this probably means no more bumper spread in the hotel restaurant.
How did you find the CL? the Breakfast? Does it have an open bar in the evenings like most of the Marriott's in Europe?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 2:08 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
The spread in the CL is almost the same as in the restaurant. Just a smaller setup, but the same food.
It's large, very spacious. Free alcohol all day/night.. Fridge stocked with 1664.. espresso machine.. areas to sit and relax.. divided areas with glass and tables.. really, very very nice and well done.. I was impressed.. It could use a view, which it doesn't have.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 6:13 am

Programs: Delta Gold, LH Silver, Marriott Platinum
Upgrades?

Great info guys, thanx

Did anyone get a room upgrade here? If yes, what kind of upgrade?

The standard room is 22sqm. Being a Platinum I would have lounge access already so is there any benefit in getting a executive room? These are also 22sqm.

Any great restaurant near the hotel?

Thanx
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:24 pm

Programs: GM Delta, PPM Marriot, GM Hilton, PC Hertz
I think its one of my favorite in Europe. I was there in October of last year the staff was the best-most helpful-most friendly-most everything at any Marriot I have ever been to. To top that off as soon as the Front Desk lady saw I was Platinum-she called over the manager on duty to make sure I arrived ok-gave me a quick tour of the hotel-the whole deal. The restaurant is ok-they do have an interesting bar downstairs. CL is nice. Its location between two metro stops is convenient as well. Last but not least-go to the little bar around the corner with the big Stella Arotois sign out front. Its a good time...
Old Feb 21, 2008, 1:18 pm

I want to make award reservations at the Rive Gauche. They have Standard award reservations available and it would be 50 Euros for an upgrade to an Executive room. The CSR said that he didn't think it included CL access but didn't know for sure. I notice most people who have posted about using the CL have Platinum status which I do not. I'm willing to use extra points and/or pay even more than the 50 Euros. I had to hang on so long to wait for the CSR I thought I'd check here before I tried to call again.

Bobette
Old Feb 21, 2008, 4:21 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I'd save the 50 and try to get an upgrade or at least lounge access when you check-in. In Europe, it is not uncommon for Silvers to get these benefits.

Good luck.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 10:42 am

Last night I checked the reward availability again at this hotel. This time it said there was CL access for the extra 50 Euros. So I grabbed it before it changed again.

Bobette
Old Mar 14, 2008, 4:12 pm

Paris Rive Gauche: Plug adapter, voltage converter or 110V outlet

We will be staying there this upcoming week. I just realized I do not have the plugs for my digital camera. It runs on 220V so all I need is a plug adapter. Can I get one from the hotel. My GF wants to bring a hair straightener. Any chance they have a US outlet or a voltage converter.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 6:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
They loan out simply converters on premise for a 1 euro deposit
Old Apr 27, 2008, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are Bath and Body Works toiletries still being used here?

Does anyone know the name of the GM here?

Thanks!
Old May 2, 2008, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
I stayed there approx. 6 months ago on an award. Got an auto upgrade to corner executive room on high floor. Cl is very good with very good breakfast. If I remember, breakfast was not avail in the CL on the weekend so they gave me coupons for free breakfast in the main rest.

Location was decent and a brisk walk down the street from the train station.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.