Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Atlanta Perimeter Marriott Hot Water Issues (12/12/07)

Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold

Just a warning that the Atlanta Perimeter Marriott has been having some major hot water issues in the majority of their rooms. The wing seem to be the only ones that consistently has hot water.

Woke up this morning (12/12) and there is no hot water in the towers at all. No showers we can move to and nothing they can do for us right now.

Could be fixed soon or could take a long time, according to front desk.

If you have plans to go to the Atlanta Perimeter Marriott soon, I would call ahead and make certain the hot water issue is fixed.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 6:30 am

Programs: UA Global Services; UA/1K (since 1991); Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Sitting in my room and have the same problem. This is my third stay at this hotel in the past few months and is the last time I'll stay here. It needs a major renovation plus, the front desk has been consistently slow in checking in people.

So, what compensation should we expect? This is driving me nuts!
Old Dec 12, 2007, 6:47 am
Original Poster

That's a very good question and haven't thought about it yet. I have a business breakfast this AM and only briefly spoke to someone at the front desk via phone.

Silly me for working out first and THEN finding out there is no hot water.

;-)
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:12 am

Programs: UA Global Services; UA/1K (since 1991); Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
After calling the front desk they agree to move me to a room with running hot water. I accept because I need to get to the airport. Go to the room, hop in the shower, and after about 2 minutes, cold water....

Manager at FD helpful, rebates half the room charges and offers breakfast. That's fine, just needed to get going...

As the manager admitted, the two worst things to happen in a hotel is no water or not hot water. They had both today...
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:17 am

Thumbs down

We just got back from this awful experience. Upon checking in, no one thought to mention that there were water problems, odd; knowing very well that other guests were experiencing these issues. At least I could have checked prior to jumping into a cold shower!

The front desk was poor at best dealing with any issues.

I checked in for a four day stay, completely unpacked worked out at the workout facility filled with rusty equiptment not inviting at all and waited for my husband to arrive. He then unpacked, completely and I called the front desk to see if someone could suggest dinner reservations. The woman at the front desk said, "oh I can help you with that", I told her what we were interested in and she said let me get back to you. At this time it is about 7pm. I waited for her call, for a while; and my husband said jump into the shower so we can get to a restaurant, soon!

I jumped into the FREEZING SHOWER, and ended up turning the water flow on the tub spout so i could at least sponge off and wash my hair without turning into an icicle.

I came out quite upset and continued to wait for the call. Now it is about 7:45. I called down to the front desk, and the same woman answered the phone, I mentioned that I was waiting for her call, and she said; Oh sorry; I got busy, ( busy????, then don't tell me that you can help me.) I told her at this point it was the least of my worries as i just got out of the shower, she interrupted and asked, "Oh was it cold?", I said how do you know? She said, oh we have been having trouble for a few days. I was furious, I said and no one attempted to mention this to me when I checked in?????? She apologized, giggled and said that they couldn't check every room. I said well at least tell the guest so WE can check it. This was the beginning of a decision that we knew with this lack of professionalism from the management that we WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!! Each time we called down to the front desk we got the feeling that we were annoying them. We moved from our room to another wing (I was wheeling the luggage cart in my robe) and ended going to dinner at 9pm. Not how I planned for the weekend to start.

Later that night upon returning, My husband sheepishly called the front desk for a wake-up call.

Next day, no call, suprise.....luckily the alarm clock worked!

Luckily for us a sister health club to our club is quite close to this hotel. This is where we went to workout and shower each day like human beings.

We had to stay at this location because of comittments we had in the area. The location is wonderful. Right next to a mall of nice stores and easy access to highways and Atlanta to the south and the roads to the north close by.

But run, don't walk from this location; not because of the water situation, but mainly how the front desk is trained to handle, not only the important issues but the lack of treatment of their guests and Platinum none the less.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:42 am

Now I'm really ticked off! So they knew about this problem when I checked in last night? Last time I'll stay there....

Let's get back to Colorado where it may be cold, but at least there's hot water!
Old Dec 12, 2007, 1:01 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Gold, A++ Elite, Delta FO
I knew we were in the midst of a drought but come on, this isn't the answer.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 1:06 pm

I remember seeing something about this hotel having a hot water problems last week..

wow they are still having issues this week.

SNA1K mentioned it in the General Rant thread

Originally Posted by SNA1K
HA HA HA.... the FS Marriott Perimeter Center in Atlanta hasn't been able to provide that since last Sunday! One whole week!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=765809
Old Dec 12, 2007, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
The Courtyard Roswell and Res. Inn Northpoint Alpharetta are both 5-10 minutes away, and have plenty of water of all temperatures.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Just returned from business and hot water is available......at least for now. Took a quick shower before it ran out.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:44 pm

I can not BELIEVE that they are still checking people in and not at least WARNING them about this problem. That is all they have to do is warn.

It was like dealing with the keyston cops. The left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing!

Good Luck!
Old Dec 12, 2007, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Might not hurt for any of you familiar with Trip Advisor to write a quick review over there....... might save another person some grief down the line to know the front desk isn't responsive (understatement!) when there are problems.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:14 am

Good idea, I will copy and post.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:29 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Not funny, but a related story.
Many years ago, just as travel to the ex-Soviet Union was thawing, my father and I traveled to Moscow, etc. with a British Intourist Group. They were to arrange for our visas to be picked up at the Intourist office in Glasgow -- that didn't happen so we were told we could get visas on arrival in Moscow at Sheremetyvo 2. But our charter flight actually landed at Sheremetyevo 1 and while the rest of the group headed off to the Cosmos, my father and I had to spend the night at the Transit Hotel at SVO (actually a wing of the Aeroflot Hotel). The room was fine until I went to take a shower -- no hot water. I speak a bit of Russian and went out to ask the dezhyunaya -- the little lady who used to sit on every floor of every Russian hotel minding things -- about the hot water. (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...5BC0A963958260)
Her response "cherez nedelyoo" -- in a week. Which to my western mind didn't really compute -- we'd have hot water in a week? I repeated my question, several times, I think. Finally she said "remont" -- renvations.

I hope you all at the Marriott Perimeter don't have to wait a week.
tom
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

I left this AM and had hot water for the shower. Hope they get the problem fixed for good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.