FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   How to get a copy of invoice? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/761236-how-get-copy-invoice.html)

kt74 Nov 26, 2007 3:42 pm

How to get a copy of invoice?

My first time on a hotel forum, so apologies in advance if this is a dumb question...

I stayed at a Courtyard a couple of weeks ago (shockingly, the usual Ritz was full - the boss was so shocked she personally walked next door to the Crowne Plaza to get us reservations for the second night :eek: :D ). My credit card billing is much higher than the bill shoved under my door in the morning. Now, I don't have a problem with that, if I can account for it. But of course, I can't...

Now, with lovely Holiday-Crowne-Intercontinental-Express, it's no problem. I just go online and print out a copy of the invoice - done in 30 seconds

With Marriott, I go online and get asked if I want to save the Courtyard Tysons Corner as one of my favourites (no, I don't!)

Moreover, every time I have called the hotel, I get the runaround ("yes sir, we'll fax it to you", "yes sir, it's in the mail" - I don't think the concept of overseas guests has quite hit them yet...)

Any suggestions?! It can't be THAT difficult, but am getting exasperated...

JimJ321 Nov 26, 2007 3:55 pm

I forget my reciept all the time, but have never had a problem with them faxing a copy to me. Maybe try to email the general manager to get them to make sure it is faxed, or just be persistent on the phone until you recieve it.

alfahund Nov 27, 2007 2:38 am

Originally Posted by kt74 (Post 8792398)
Any suggestions?! It can't be THAT difficult, but am getting exasperated...

Call Marriott Customer Services and ask for Guest Relations. They should be able to either send it to you via e-mail or fax.

MsEverywhere Nov 27, 2007 8:14 am

Well, I just called (Gold) customer service, and he said they can't give me a copy of the receipt. He said I need to contact the hotel directly.

CPRich Nov 27, 2007 11:59 am

If you haven't subscribed to eFolio, calling the hotel directly is often the only way to get a copy. I've had Customer Service do it before, but only in a foreign country because all they do is call the property, get a copy, and send it to you. That's easier if there is a language barrier, but calling directly is much faster.

SkiAdcock Nov 27, 2007 12:20 pm

The OP mentioned in his OP that he's already called the hotel multiple times & been given the run-around. At this point I'd call the hotel & ask for the GM, or get his/her name & the fax # of the property & fax him/her a letter asking for the correct bill.

Let us know how it turns out. Cheers.

nischalb Nov 27, 2007 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich (Post 8797146)
If you haven't subscribed to eFolio, calling the hotel directly is often the only way to get a copy. I've had Customer Service do it before, but only in a foreign country because all they do is call the property, get a copy, and send it to you. That's easier if there is a language barrier, but calling directly is much faster.

I have signed up for the efolio option too and get my bills by email

PhlyingRPh Nov 27, 2007 1:00 pm

On average, it takes 2-4 days to get an e-folio. Most people have expense reports that need to be completed weekly, so if you leave a hotel on a Thursday and need to get our expenses in by Friday at 5:00 PM, efolio is not going to help.

Another poster recommended making a phonecall and asking the hotel to fax the bill. I think this is the best option too.

b1513 Nov 27, 2007 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh (Post 8797580)
On average, it takes 2-4 days to get an e-folio. .

How about 4 weeks? I just got the e-folio for an Oct 20 stay in Denver. Sometimes I don't get them at all even though I've been signed up from the beginning.

Good luck kt74.

Bobette