Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

SpringHill Suites EWR email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2002, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO, Starwood, AA, DL, Hilton, Marriott

We are considering staying at Newark Airport next month the night before an early flight for our wedding and was wondering how the airport Marriott and Courtyard compare. One question is do they provide long-term parking? Is it free or for a fee?
Old Jan 13, 2002, 4:21 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I believe both charge for parking! Have you considered possibly using other means of transport such as a cab or limo?
Old Jan 13, 2002, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

We live and Manhattan and need to stash our car somewhere while we're away. Do you know what the fees are?
Old Jan 13, 2002, 6:02 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
I have stayed at the Newark Marriott a few times. The staff there has some of the nicest New Yawkers around :-)

The hotel is nice as well -- they have kept it up.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 6:02 pm

I can't speak to the cost of parking, but the Marriott certainly is the closest -- and perhaps the most comfortable -- EWR property that provides a shuttle to the terminals.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 7:29 pm
doc

Yes, you can easily walk since it's so close - but you'll pay for your car parking big time!

Try:

http://notfortourists.com/pdf/246.pdf

Alamo off site parking may help you out.
Old Jan 14, 2002, 11:36 am

I have stayed twice at both during the past year. I suggest the full service Marriott at the airport. I was concerned about the noise factory but there was non. IMHO the Courtyard is a very difficult hotel to get to. The directions are complex and hard to follow. THe topper is that you a get a real bed saat the hotel and 4 in piece of foam at the Courtyard.
Old Jan 15, 2002, 11:45 am
nhy

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold
I second the anti-recommendation for the Newark Airport Courtyard. The folks there were nice enough, but it really is impossible to find; my colleague and I got lost repeatedly, the cabs we took went around in circles (you have to approach it from a certain direction on the highway, and the sign is very small.) It's also not much cheaper than the full-service Marriott; I think the Courtyard was around $169/night when I stayed there.
Old Jan 15, 2002, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rhermoso:
We live and Manhattan and need to stash our car somewhere while we're away. Do you know what the fees are?</font>
I would suggest leaving your car at home and taking the AirTrain to the airport. It takes about 20-30 minutes from Penn Station, and the train stops at the monorail station. If you are flying CO, I believe you can even check in right at the train station before getting on the monorail to the terminal.
Old Jan 15, 2002, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

We cannot leave our car on the street in manhattan for two weeks without paying absurd amounts of parking tickets. That is why we are driving. Also, the fact that our flight leaves at 8 a.m. is more the reason why we don't want to take the monorail (I'm not sure if it runs at 5 a.m.) or take the time to get to the station.
Old Jan 15, 2002, 9:27 pm
doc

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:

Yes, you can easily walk since it's so close - but you'll pay for your car parking big time!

Try:

http://notfortourists.com/pdf/246.pdf

Alamo off site parking may help you out.
</font>
Old Jan 20, 2002, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL Plat, CO Nothing, SPG Gold
Marriott Newark International Airport

How does one get to the hotel from the terminal? Is it connected to a terminal or is there shuttle service? Also, how are my chances of getting an upgrade as a Gold?
Old Jan 21, 2002, 7:50 am

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
They have a shuttle. You have to ride the "airtrain" or whatever the inter-terminal tram is called. The final stop is where you board the hotel shuttles. Shuttle runs all the time--I have never waited more than 10 minutes. Funny that the hotel is right across the street from the airport but it seems to take forever to get there. I have had good luck with upgrades at this hotel.
Old Jan 21, 2002, 8:54 am
doc

Yes, you used to be able to easily walk to it in the "pre conctruction" days!
Old Mar 25, 2002, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I've just won a $54 Priceline bid on this property. What will I encounter in terms of service and rooms? And is there a decent restaurant for a little snack after a transatlantic flight? Thanks.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.

[This message has been edited by airoli (edited 03-25-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.