Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

The Marriott San Mateo Lounge is the best....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2007, 8:50 am
Original Poster

I have to say that the food in the lounge at the Marriott San Mateo is the best ever. They have a fantastic selection - one night there were make it yourself Gyros and another there are Quesadillas and Tamales. The selection is way above what seems to be the standard of spring rolls and another dish. An added plus is the hot food at breakfast too!
Old Jul 18, 2007, 9:37 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I second that. They got good breakfast. Fremont lounge is not too bad for breakfast either.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:39 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond
I'll third that.... this lounge is outstanding. Worth the extra drive from the airport.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Is this the FS Marriott at SFO?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Hi bigguy,

No, it's the FS one a bit further down 101 (about 5 miles or so). It still is near SFO but it is not the one right at SFO.

Have to agree with others on here. By far, fantastic food at breakfast and evening. Very, very nice selection.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 6:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
It is the one located at:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sfosa
Old Jul 20, 2007, 4:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I'll add my two cents, that I love the lounge and love this property and make an effort to stay here when in the area..
Old Sep 19, 2007, 2:25 pm

As someone who used to work there I am very happy you guys liked it so much
Old Sep 20, 2007, 3:00 am

Programs: AA EXP (3MM Lifetime), Marriott Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
This has been my favorite Marriott for years. Yes, it is in a strange locations with not much around it, but the service and atmosphere more than make up for it.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 3:21 am

It's at the site of a longtime 'theme' hotel (previous building looked like a castle), not in a standard hotel row. But the lounge offerings really are superb, beyond that of any other Marriott I've stayed at.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 5:33 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Lounge is great....staff (front desk, mngt) is less then stellar.

NO bfast certs for weekends.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 1:04 pm

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
Agreed. Very nice hotel and CL--though the music in the lobby and hallways has to go!

Try the CL at the San Diego Marriott Del Mar. Also, excellent service, food, view, etc.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 11:55 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Any recent updates on this hotel? I'll be staying there next Saturday night and am wondering if I can expect snacks in the evening or breakfast Sunday AM?

Also slightly unrelated to this thread, but any luck with suite upgrades as a plat?
Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:26 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Never stayed on weekends...

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Any recent updates on this hotel? I'll be staying there next Saturday night and am wondering if I can expect snacks in the evening or breakfast Sunday AM?

Also slightly unrelated to this thread, but any luck with suite upgrades as a plat?
I just have to put my 2 cents in on this property as well. It is one of my favorite full service properties in the US (California anyway). They have one of the best exercise facilities--which is a high priority for me. One of the best lounges...which includes staff, etc.

I think my only pet peeve with this property was the ridiculous cost for internet and unless things have changed, you can't get free internet in the lounge with your laptop either (you may be able to get free internet downstairs in the lobby).

We have a free category 1-4 from a summer promo. It expires 12/31/09. I'm not going to use it otherwise, so we are going to go there and spend the afternoon/evening before leaving from SFO on a 14 hour flight. The flight leaves at 11:00 p.m. or so, so we thought we'd take the train/bart down from Sacramento and chill out at this property before taking their shuttle to the airport. It's better than letting the cert go unused and I want my husband to see how nice this Marriott is...because of me, he has only had experience with Hilton properties.

But, all of my nights spent there were during the week on business, and fortunately, we are leaving on a weeknight on our pleasure trip, so I have no idea what is currently being offered or what is open during the weekend.

Report back...

Dawn
Old Sep 20, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by kymbakitty
We have a free category 1-4 from a summer promo. It expires 12/31/09. I'm not going to use it otherwise, so we are going to go there and spend the afternoon/evening before leaving from SFO on a 14 hour flight. The flight leaves at 11:00 p.m. or so, so we thought we'd take the train/bart down from Sacramento and chill out at this property before taking their shuttle to the airport. It's better than letting the cert go unused and I want my husband to see how nice this Marriott is...because of me, he has only had experience with Hilton properties.

Report back...

Dawn
I'll be using the same promo certificate as well. Would have gone to waste otherwise and I have a friend who lives close by to the hotel and is having his b-day party that weekend so it worked out nicely

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.