Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2001, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Question Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Anyone stayed at the Renaissance Prague recently?

I'm in Prague for a week (holiday) next April and am curious to find out a but more about this hotel (I searched but only found one very brief comment).

The corporate rate I've got seems quite good at 120 Euros including taxes.

Thanks for any comments.

MD.
Old Dec 25, 2001, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Dec 26, 2001, 6:11 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MilesDependent:
Anyone stayed at the Renaissance Prague recently?
I'm in Prague for a week (holiday) next April and am curious to find out a but more about this hotel (I searched but only found one very brief comment).
The corporate rate I've got seems quite good at 120 Euros including taxes.
Thanks for any comments.

MD.
</font>
I stayed there last year with my wife for a long weekend and we loved it. We got upgraded to a suite (due to my MR Plat) and also had access to the lounge. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. Location wise it is in the center near a lot of great destinations (Charles Bridge, Castle, etc.). We are planning to go back next year for a week (3 days last year was just too short to see all the great sites) and will definitely stay at the Renassiance. By the way, I think we paid less than $100 during the summer (July)
Old Dec 26, 2001, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the comments anandrag. Seems like it's a good place to stay. Very looking forward to going to Prague. Everyone I know who's been there has absolutely loved it.

MD

Old Jan 6, 2002, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Marriott Executive Apartments?? Prague

I'm starting planning for a May trip to Prague (last 3 nights of trip) with my cousin, and the global chain hotels are all over $170/night and mostly $250+. Well, our budget is about $130-$145, and the Hilton where I'll be Diamond by then wants 85k points for what the esteemed QuietLion has posted is a so-so location... I started asking Travelocity for suggestions by brand to avoid all the independent hotels (funny, 10 years ago I'd have shown up at the train station at 2pm and asked them to find me a cheap 3* room).

Imagine my surprise when I searched under Marriott and got the "Executive Apartments"! I hadn't seen this one when I went to marriott.com. The rate for a three-night stay is only 130 EUR for a 2-room facility with a king bed and a sofabed. After 8 nights of 2-twin rooms, a King bed or even a double sofabed would be a welcome break.

I went over to the Marriott web site and found it. It implies that the property is near the regular Marriott, but doesn't specify how near "near" really is. Does anybody know what these are like? The address is Tunich 3, in something call the Longin Center. Is this near any of the sights, or is off in a corner somewhere? We don't need a lot of amenities, but 24 hour front desk service would be important.
Old Jan 6, 2002, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ElmhurstNick:
I'm starting planning for a May trip to Prague (last 3 nights of trip) with my cousin, and the global chain hotels are all over $170/night and mostly $250+. Well, our budget is about $130-$145, and the Hilton where I'll be Diamond by then wants 85k points for what the esteemed QuietLion has posted is a so-so location... I started asking Travelocity for suggestions by brand to avoid all the independent hotels (funny, 10 years ago I'd have shown up at the train station at 2pm and asked them to find me a cheap 3* room).

Imagine my surprise when I searched under Marriott and got the "Executive Apartments"! I hadn't seen this one when I went to marriott.com. The rate for a three-night stay is only 130 EUR for a 2-room facility with a king bed and a sofabed. After 8 nights of 2-twin rooms, a King bed or even a double sofabed would be a welcome break.

I went over to the Marriott web site and found it. It implies that the property is near the regular Marriott, but doesn't specify how near "near" really is. Does anybody know what these are like? The address is Tunich 3, in something call the Longin Center. Is this near any of the sights, or is off in a corner somewhere? We don't need a lot of amenities, but 24 hour front desk service would be important.
</font>
Did you check the Renaissance? I stayed there for 3 nights with my wife last year for around $125 (I think..). It's the corp rate which your firm/travel agent should be able to book. It's a fantastic hotel in a fabulous location
Old Jan 6, 2002, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I only checked the Rennaisance online and it was over $200. My corp. travel agency (AMEX, whom I refuse to use most of the time because they are just bad) won't book personal travel, and if I fib and say it's for business they'll charge me $20 for the honor of even having them look...

There were $65 winning bids for it on Priceline on www.biddingfortravel.com however, so I suspect that their $200+ online rates have some room for negotiation.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
PRG Renaissance Airport Transportation?

Arriving Prague for my first time (late afternoon), should I pre-book a taxi through the hotel? Or just any taxi at airport? Other Options?

Thanks.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
CLD, LAX, LHR, CDG, et.al.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Prague Mariott or Renaissance

Any advice about either of these properties? Were they damaged by the floods and if so are they operating again?
Would like to take the Metro the Conference Center but have heard that some lines are not yet in service.

Planning for July 2003.

Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 5, 2002, 1:43 pm

I stayed at the Ren this past March, and the staff was just great, a nice property all around. Marriott was literally across the street, but I never got the chance to take a look inside. Sorry, don't know any more recent news...
Old Oct 7, 2002, 12:25 pm

Try Marriott. Stayed there in June in nicest bi-level suite so far. Great security also !
Old Oct 7, 2002, 3:06 pm

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
Neither property sustained flood damage...
Old Oct 11, 2002, 1:10 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I was in Prague Marriott last month, no damage, very nice. The bilevels are nice (although I'd prefer a little more furniture downstairs, it's mostly an open space with a desk).

The lounge is very nice. You will love Prague.
Old Oct 11, 2002, 7:18 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Hello beachfan. Your e-mail is not listed so
I hope you read this again. How is the
Marriott location? Close to the sites? More
info please on the Marriott? I am trying to
decide between the Marriott, Hilton, Inter-
Continental or Renaissance. How were the
sites? I was there a year ago and it is one
of the most beautiful cities in the world. I
hope not much overall lasting damage. Please
advise us all. Thanks RTW
Old Oct 13, 2002, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I'd also recommend the Marriott, although I've never stayed at the Renaissance. It's a very nice and new property. I have no status w/ Marriott but was upgraded without asking to a 2 room suite. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.