consistantly no hot water

Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MR PLT, Hertz Pres Circle
Question consistantly no hot water

First time post, long time lurker.
Not sure if this is in the proper area, but I'd like to see what fellow FT'ers think about this.

I have been in Marlborough, MA for the past 7 months and typically stay at the same Courtyard Marriott. Originally it was never full and quite pleasant. Now it has become quite popular and is always quite full. I've noticed that when the hotel gets more than 80% full, I NEVER have any hot water in the morning. I like this hotel and marriott, but my only other Marriott choice in the area is a residence inn, and the point/dollar is only 5:1.

Is there anything ya'll would suggest I say/do to provide restitution (points, etc.) for this? Any way I could convince the Residence Inn to give me bonus points to stay there? Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,
B
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:00 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
I don't think your going to talk Marriott (or the RI) into giving you any extra points for staying there rather than the CY.

My suggestion on your cold/hot water issue would be to talk with the general manager. They may be able to move you to a room that is more likely to have hot water during the time that you need it.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is much the hotel can do if their hot water system can't handle everyone trying to take a shower in the morning. Personally, I wouldn't go in asking for any points or anything (they may offer something, especially since you are a Plat). I would suggest you focus on finding a solution to getting hot water for a shower when you need it.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Experience

This has been my experience at most CY properties - San Diego, NYC, Ft Meyers, Vegas over the years. They don't seem to build them to get the water far from the hot water tank OR heating system.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:36 pm

I have been very lucky in this regard and the one time that I experienced lack of hot water, a call to the Front Desk got me moved a massive suite with its own hot water heater and rainfall shower.

Dan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.