Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

These Samsonite spinner bags that Marriott is giving away....

These Samsonite spinner bags that Marriott is giving away....

Old Mar 15, 07, 8:25 pm

Programs: NW-Plat,Marriott-Plat,Hilton-Gold,Hertz-Pres Circle
i got the red color suitcase.

Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
What color did you order? I'm still waiting on a red one - going on about 4 weeks now.
Old Mar 15, 07, 10:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
Originally Posted by StephanyKR View Post
In all cases should she type a 4 first? I know there was some mention of this earlier in the thread.

I mentioned the 4 earlier. I think it might depend on the system or the reader they are using. I had a recent FI not able to process, and I had them enter the 4 and it worked. The system did not recognize it as a Visa without the 4. However, with the same card, the CY I normally stay at does not need the 4 entered first.

I would only tell them to use the 4 if they are having trouble processing the card. However after getting frustrated with the card, when they finally type the 4 and then swipe the card and it processes successfully, they will look at you in awe as if your are completely magical. It's almost better than being greeted as a platinum member when walking in the door.

If the card # starts with a 4, then it should not be an issue at all.
Old Mar 17, 07, 10:00 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
MAJOR problem today!!!! Rc'd 2 more cards and on the little piece of paper inside had my name and "Gift card value: $900"

Called marriott, said, nope, it has $1000 on it. BUT...the little piece of paper is what is used to order the suitcase..so please call back Monday am to make sure you are getting 2 more suitcases on the way to you!
Old Mar 17, 07, 10:15 am

Programs: CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by holland View Post
I'd have told her to just swipe it. These are just like Visa cards as far as the computer is concerned. I've been checking in with them, and seeing their number on the bills slipped under my door. As long as the balance is higher than the anticipated bill, they'll take them at checkin.
Good idea... I never thought of doing that. Thanks. I have always taken care of it at check-out... which caused me to forget a couple times and ended up just billing my normal CC.
Old Mar 17, 07, 10:29 am

Programs: CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Not sure if this is possible or already asked... is it possible to order the cards to be sent to a hotel and have another my home address entered for the bags? I went through the check-out to have them sent to the CY I am staying at this week only to realize the luggage would be sent there as well.

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 20, 07, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
Well, I finally made it home from DC last night (originally supposed to get home last Saturday morning.) And I find a nice big box with a Lime Green 28" piece of luggage on our front doorstep.

So it took them somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks to get it shipped to me.
Old Mar 21, 07, 8:48 am

Given that my travel has drastically reduced, I think I get only $2K in cards. Is it recommended that I just go for the 28" one, or get 2 20" ones? Are the 20" ones that small that it is impractical to take on trips?
Old Mar 21, 07, 8:50 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
They are fine for my wife/9 year old son to use as a carryon. I would not be able to use the 20" as a carryon for a week long business trip.

That said, they're cool...and FREE!!!!!
Old Mar 21, 07, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by subdawg View Post
Given that my travel has drastically reduced, I think I get only $2K in cards. Is it recommended that I just go for the 28" one, or get 2 20" ones? Are the 20" ones that small that it is impractical to take on trips?
The 20-incher is actually quite nice as a carry-on. I currently do all of my 3-day/2-night business trips with a bag that is actually a tad smaller than this free one. For a weeklong vacation, I'd want the 28-incher. It's all a matter of what you need to add to your existing luggage collection.
Old Mar 21, 07, 10:11 am

Thanks for the feedback. Now, if only I could get one of each, that would make it much easier!
Old Mar 25, 07, 9:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 View Post
They are fine for my wife/9 year old son to use as a carryon. I would not be able to use the 20" as a carryon for a week long business trip.

That said, they're cool...and FREE!!!!!
Is these 28' good for international travelling means will it survive baggage handling (check in) for few trips ??

-Rbnaid
Old Mar 25, 07, 9:49 am

I got two sets!

I purchased a set of GC's ($3K) and received 2 each of the 20" and 28" suitcases in the mail this week.... anyone else get a double delivery?
Old Mar 26, 07, 1:50 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Thumbs down Yes the 20 inch is TOO small for much clothing.

Read above about the problem of the handle going right through the middle of the bottom half of the case and taking up so much room, that there is not much space clothes. I consider the handle a major design flaw!

The 28Ļis a much better VALUE anyway you look at it!

THe 20 inch makes a better childīs case, then an adult case, except for incidentals!

Old Apr 26, 07, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR PP, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
How long are deliveries taking now?

I ordered a large pink for my wife and a small black for myself on 3/28. Im still waiting for delivery and the samsonite cust service number seems t obe unattended (I gave up after 14 minutes on hold).

By the way, I have a red one that came in a couple weeks and I will pass that along to my son when the black arrives.
Old Apr 26, 07, 10:49 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, AA EXP, Hertz Prez Circle
I called two weeks about about my small black suitcase that hadn't arrived yet. They said they were on back order and should be arrive within a week. Seems like they were a bit "overloaded" with requests Hoping it arrives soon.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: