FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   These Samsonite spinner bags that Marriott is giving away.... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/648709-these-samsonite-spinner-bags-marriott-giving-away.html)

BigYellowDog Jan 24, 2007 2:33 pm

Now try buying another color at a luggage store and then later returning the red one.

Maybe they won't notice when they mix the very red one into their inventory with all the black ones:D

pinniped Jan 24, 2007 2:45 pm

I don't know. The red one is sitting in my closet now. It is horrifyingly garish, yet it is unexplainedly growing on me. It's calling out to me - refusing to be ignored. I think I'm going to keep it.

bcre3306 Jan 25, 2007 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped (Post 7085441)
I don't know. The red one is sitting in my closet now. It is horrifyingly garish, yet it is unexplainedly growing on me. It's calling out to me - refusing to be ignored. I think I'm going to keep it.

How was it shipped (ups, fedex, dhl...)? I didnt get mine yet and I ordered a 2k card the same day you did.
Thanks!

pinniped Jan 25, 2007 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by bcre3306 (Post 7094432)
How was it shipped (ups, fedex, dhl...)? I didnt get mine yet and I ordered a 2k card the same day you did.
Thanks!

UPS Ground - directly from Samsonite in Denver - no signature required. It was sitting on my porch when I got home on the 23rd.

BigYellowDog Jan 25, 2007 10:17 pm

MY billing cycle ends tomorrow, so I'll be ordering tomorrow. I live just outside Denver, so it should arrive rather quickly :).

ATWBY2020 Jan 26, 2007 11:46 am

Is this promo ended ?? Any link ??
I am going to stay and spend 350+ every week starting from next week (01/29), so thinking that worth it as anyway i will be spending 2K in coming months.

Thanks in advance
Rbnaidu

pinniped Jan 26, 2007 11:49 am

Originally Posted by rbnaidu (Post 7098094)
Is this promo ended ?? Any link ??
I am going to stay and spend 350+ every week starting from next week (01/29), so thinking that worth it as anyway i will be spending 2K in coming months.

Thanks in advance
Rbnaidu

https://gifts.marriott.com/

Timing is fine - the promo runs for a couple of months.

bcre3306 Jan 26, 2007 1:49 pm

Kind of p*ssed out right now. Just talked with samsonite and they said they will place my order today and I should expect it in 2 weeks. Glad to see they forgot about me!

pinniped Jan 26, 2007 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by bcre3306 (Post 7099063)
Kind of p*ssed out right now. Just talked with samsonite and they said they will place my order today and I should expect it in 2 weeks. Glad to see they forgot about me!

Weird. Wonder if they had problems with the big bags.

Get ready: that puppy is going to be so big and red it might be difficult to look directly at it without protective eyewear.

hhoope01 Jan 26, 2007 2:17 pm

That may be a very good reason to order two $1k GCs and get two of the smaller ones. I think they will make some nice presents to each of the kids. :)

R&R Jan 26, 2007 2:50 pm

Must be Excess inventory!

Those are some mean looking wheels on it.
Do they allow them on board for the Overhead?
It does look like it will be calling out to you throughout the trip.
I wonder if the color will alert the TSA for a full inspecition. Might be a good case for my meds and supplements, and other Energency medical supplies!:confused:
Should one plan on using it after Valentines Day?

:cool:

ATWBY2020 Jan 26, 2007 3:58 pm

Ooops - Not for me
T and C says
"Marriott VacationCards may be used for all publicly listed available room rates and packages but cannot be used for group, special corporate, associate, or other negotiated/commissionable rates or used for reservations booked by travel agents or other third-parties"

- rbnaidu

BigYellowDog Jan 26, 2007 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by rbnaidu (Post 7099747)
T and C says
"Marriott VacationCards may be used for all publicly listed available room rates and packages but cannot be used for group, special corporate, associate, or other negotiated/commissionable rates or used for reservations booked by travel agents or other third-parties"

Maybe that is why the deals are always on the vacation cards vs gift cards. Personally, I've never had a problem, but I guess if they started cracking down it might be an issue.

ATWBY2020 Jan 26, 2007 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by BigYellowDog (Post 7099851)
Maybe that is why the deals are always on the vacation cards vs gift cards. Personally, I've never had a problem, but I guess if they started cracking down it might be an issue.

So you mean to say nobody bother to check you are paying using vacationcards to "group, special corporate, associate, or other negotiated/commissionable rates or used for reservations booked by travel agents or other third-parties" ??

-Rbnaidu

pinniped Jan 26, 2007 5:35 pm

I think a business that started limiting how gift cards were used (for legitimate purchases from that business) would quickly find itself on shaky legal ground.

Since businesses currently enjoy VERY beneficial lack of regulation on gift cards, my guess is that they'll play nice with them. Gift cards are already a massive profit center for companies that issue them.