Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2006, 1:14 am

New Marriott property in CLT

In the South Park area, the high-end Park Hotel http://www.theparkhotel.com
has become a Marriott as of today (03/17/06):

(from charlotte.com)

The Park Hotel is scheduled to become the Charlotte Marriott SouthPark today. Marriott Corp. officials confirmed Friday that the hotel chain will manage the 192-room lodging facility for the new owner, SouthPark Real Estate of Bethesda, Md.The Bissell family, which had owned the luxury hotel since it opened in 1984, put it up for sale last year.
Officials didn't disclose the sale price. But real estate sources familiar with the market estimated that it sold in the "mid-$20 million" range.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Courtyard Arrowood, in Charlotte, NC

I love Marriott, but this has been an incredibly bad week at Courtyard. As I write this, I'm listening to a pinging through my room. It sounds like a bell, and I have no idea where it comes from. I've attempted to rent OnCommand movies three times this week, but each time, the screen comes up with green streaks and I have to call to the front desk to get it taken off the bill. Nothing that maintenance seems to be able to do during the day seems to be able to fix this. The day before yesterday, they decided not to clean my room. By the time I arrived back from my meetings, the cleaning people had "gone away for the day." Same thing happened to a coworker at the same Courtyard. He had to sit down in the lobby while they cleaned his room at about 5PM.

When I arrived, there was no platinum gift for me. Personally, I don't care about the gift, but I should have taken its absence as an ominous sign. I can't remember ever having to deal with noise from neighbors in a Courtyard, but last night, I had to try to sleep through TV noise from the apparently deaf neighbor nextdoor. Oh, and the going down the stairs yesterday, the door handle of the stairwell came off in my hand.

There's nothing they can do about my noisy neighbors, but God, what a week.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Okay, you've got my attention. Which Courtyard are you talking about. Please share.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jeeves
Okay, you've got my attention. Which Courtyard are you talking about. Please share.
Should I? I check out tomorrow. If I say there might be retribution.

(trying to see if the A/C can drown out the pinging noise)
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
No PLT gift = $50

Not much consolation but maybe a little
Old Aug 25, 2006, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by whirledtraveler
Should I? I check out tomorrow. If I say there might be retribution.

(trying to see if the A/C can drown out the pinging noise)
O' come on, whirledtraveler, tell us. I doubt anyone from this thread will call them up tonight and tell them that you complaining about the Courtyard.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
I have sympathy for the situation, but my pet peeve in FT is the poster who wants us to be aware and sympathize with his/her situation, but for whatever silly reason thinks naming the property is not significant. It is. If folks don't want to share, they should consider not posting about the situation in the first place. A major part of this board is sharing information so that we can flock to the good and avoid the bad. The OP gives us a Courtyard to avoid, but then witholds the info necessary to avoid the property. End of mini-rant.

Last edited by ohmark; Aug 25, 2006 at 8:33 pm Reason: gender neutrality
Old Aug 25, 2006, 9:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
This is absurd. There's no point to this without the name of the offending property. C'mon Bruce, close the thread.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marcell
O' come on, whirledtraveler, tell us. I doubt anyone from this thread will call them up tonight and tell them that you complaining about the Courtyard.
Okay. It's the Courtyard Arrowood, in Charlotte, NC.

It looks fine, the people are nice, and it's clean, but it has these annoying quirks I mentioned in the first post.

Last edited by whirledtraveler; Aug 26, 2006 at 2:43 am
Old Aug 26, 2006, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And they didn't have my bill under my door this morning when I was ready to leave.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 9:23 am

Programs: 1K, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by whirledtraveler
And they didn't have my bill under my door this morning when I was ready to leave.
That's because they read this thread and were waiting to pounce on you at the front desk when you checked out
Old Aug 26, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Don't forget to collect your crisp new U.S. Grant just prior to checkout...

Interesting how it's not necessarily the problems, but how they are handled, which are the most memorable. What was the saying in the military about out-running your supply lines? Certain death?

Pat
Old Aug 26, 2006, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by camachinist
Don't forget to collect your crisp new U.S. Grant just prior to checkout...

Interesting how it's not necessarily the problems, but how they are handled, which are the most memorable. What was the saying in the military about out-running your supply lines? Certain death?

Pat
Totally agree! And thanx to the originally OP for spilling the beans. Presume you got your crisp new General Grant or equiv.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cyberdad
Totally agree! And thanx to the originally OP for spilling the beans. Presume you got your crisp new General Grant or equiv.
No. The money makes no difference to me. The issue for me is consistency. Part of me looks at the complaints I had and says that they are ridiculous, but you know, I travel 150+ nights a year, and the one thing I count upon with Courtyard is that there won't be surprises, that it will all just work. Most of the time it does, but it seemed that last week everything started going wrong.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 6:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well the issue for me is make your title more descriptive - I shouldn't have to read through most of the thread to find out which property - unlike the FTer who said the FS Austin Marriott was the worst in the chain. At least s/he didn't keep us guessing.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.