Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Saw a new sign today in the C-Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saw a new sign today in the C-Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2007, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Thanks; I knew there was a third prohibition but I couldn't remember what it was. Post-workout attire, sweaty and stinky, should definitely be banned!

I agree that the lounge was overused and the girls were sweet. It probably didn't help that there's no keycard access on the elevator and more than half the time they propped the lounge door open.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 8:50 am

I was at the JW in SF and some Self-Important Woman was screaming, and I mean screaming, at some underling on the phone. Apparently, Underling had somehow displeased SIW and she was not going to tolerate it. All the SIW succeeded in doing was making herself look like a vile harpy. When her language started to get ugly, even though I was alone, I decided, for the sake of the children present, it was time to ask SIW to leave. As I headed across the lounge to speak with her, she saw me coming and quickly scooted out into the lobby (this was when the lounge was off the lobby, behind the bar). But none of the staff did anything.

I do computer support, and my job requires me to be on-call in the early mornings. I get dressed, scoot down to the lounge, grab some coffee, a bagel, and a yogurt, and head back to my room in case the phone rings. Sitting there in the lounge, yakking on the phone, taking calls just seems rude to me. Besides, back in my room, I can take off my clothes and put on my robe
Old Mar 16, 2007, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Personally, I like to see this sign to be placed on all c-lounges.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta PE, SPG PE
I had to listen to business meetings at the DTW-Marriott and ORD-Ren Suites this week. As I left the latter, I complained to the host. As for the DTW lounge, I sent an email to the GM letting him know my feelings. He responded back explaining they will soon be putting a locking door on the lounge and after that, they will be enforcing the meeting policy.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 7:16 pm

post deleted at request...

Last edited by albatross; Mar 19, 2008 at 4:37 am
Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:14 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by albatross
I would love to see the pseudo-execs banned with their cell phones and meetings. And, maybe the shareholders would agree -- you shouldn't be broadcasting your corporate strategy in an open area.

albatross

^ ^ ^

I too have a 9 yr old who knows how to behave in a CL. The funny part is when we (my wife, son, and I) get all the dirty looks from the bald-headed "im better then you" types in the CL. I am only 31, and travel 5 days a week, spending 90% of my time in FS hotels..usually Marriotts! Its great to see them, and to hear others telling the world "im a plat member". Sometimes I would like to whip out my PP card to show them what status is REALLY like!!!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:17 pm

Location: Flooded out of Metairie, LA--moved to Baton Rouge! AA EXP/2MM; AirTran Elite; DL Nobody; Marriott Uber Plat; *Wood Gold; Maker's Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by albatross
... I have two very well behaved young daughters. And, it is astounding to watch the number of glares and comments from self-important junior pseudo-executives because I have my kids in the C-lounge. Although they say virtually nothing. And I have been flamed on this forum many times for having kids in the C-lounge by the junior pseudo-executives for bringing my kids to the C-lounge.
My philosophy is if the children are well behaved and have a room on the concierge level, they get access to the CL.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
I too have a 9 yr old who knows how to behave in a CL.
Yes, it's always someone else's child who is the problem, isn't it?

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
I am only 31 [...] Sometimes I would like to whip out my PP card to show them what status is REALLY like
Don't worry, it's just another symptom of inexperience. You'll grow out of it.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by MetairieTraveler
My philosophy is if the children are well behaved and have a room on the concierge level, they get access to the CL.
Agree totally. Its not always someone else's kid. I'd rather have well-behaved munchkins in the lounge than some pompous self-important blowhard carrying on a loud cell phone call or business meeting. Of course, if there are kids being loud, obnoxious, etc., they....and their parent(s) should be asked to leave.

BTW, my own kids are all grown....and one's also a plat!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.