Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
Thanks for the warning which explains the drop in rate at the Fairfield that I noticed today ($120>$84).

It is a three night stay and I need a Marriott property to keep elite status so I suppose the Metairie at Lakewood is the way to go despite the price. Most all the other Marriott properties with lounges cost more than Metairie for my nights.
Well I just looked at the distances...walking distance from the FFI vs. 9miles in a car/uber...I'm not sure I would make the same decision. I just brought up the bad reviews so you could look at them and decide what is important to you. But if you have transport I guess what you are proposing works best for you.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:57 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I know that I am probably too late to respond here, but the JW Marriott has a "JW Marriott" version of the M Club Lounge located just behind the check-in area on the lobby level. While it served "higher quality" hor d'oeuvres than what most "Club Lounge" (vs M Lounge) properties serve in the US, they were the same amuse bouches that could be found in any city around the Globe. The JW Marriott used to serve up local dishes in the Club Lounge so this was a huge downgrade in my opinion.

That said, the JW Marriott is LONG overdue for a MAJOR renovation. I was very impressed with the property when I stayed there in 2007 as a bright-eyed 20 year old who was new to the travel world and fortunate enough to be able to stay in nicer hotels. My stay last year as someone ten years older and ten years more experienced saw a room that was almost virtually IDENTICAL to the room I stayed in ten years prior (I could probably dig up old photos to compare the two), which was obviously well past its prime.

When I stayed eleven years ago, flat screen televisions were a luxury to have in the room. The same low-resolution flat screen television with standard definition programming was still present during my stay last year.

The corner room was large, spacious, and well laid out to a 20 year old. To a 30 year old, the carpet was past its prime, the half inch gap underneath the door was cumbersome and annoying both with light and noise, and the room, despite being "larger" was cramped and granda'ish...

Staff also seemed a bit ditzy, to the point of coming off as high on my stay last year...
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:36 pm

What does the executive lounge in the Marriott Downtown Convention Center offer during the week? Going for a convention and trying to decide if the place is worthwhile to be close or should I look at other options in the french quarter a mile away (don't mind the walk). Other options i'm considering are Ren Pere Marquette, The Saint, the QC and booking The Roosevelt through FHR (non marriott i know). I'm a gold. What say you FT?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I will be staying at the New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway next week (T-F).

Can someone tell me the lounge hours? It would be helpful to know the times when food is served.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:57 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
Why not just call the hotel? Much more accurate response as these things change, sometimes frequently.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:07 am

I can call the hotel for their schedule but I was also hoping for some commentary on the lounge since I have been invited to meals at other locations that would be no cost to me personally.

I am not sure I have used an M lounge before unless that was what I had at a Charleston, SC Marriott last year.

Last edited by Xeno; Feb 15, 2018 at 8:13 am
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
I can call the hotel for their schedule but I was also hoping for some commentary on the lounge since I have been invited to meals at other locations that would be no cost to me personally.

I am not sure I have used an M lounge before unless that was what I had at a Charleston, SC Marriott last year.
Give us a list of the "other locations" and perhaps we can give you a recommendation.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by controller1
Give us a list of the "other locations" and perhaps we can give you a recommendation.
Thanks, but I have only the invitations in hand, not the venue.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:13 pm

Gonna make it kinda hard to get there, ain't it??
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Well, with that said there will be some good restaurants in the NOLA area including Metairie so you may just want to take a chance. I can't help but think they will be better than the hotel's M Lounge.

If you learn the venues, post an update and some of us can probably guide you to the best invitation to accept!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:31 pm

We are planning our first trip to New Orleans at the end of August. We have a number of category 5 certificates we would like to use prior to our cruise. Being unfamiliar with the area, just curious if any of the locations would be suitable for first time tourists? Thanks for your input!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by stoddaj1
We are planning our first trip to New Orleans at the end of August. We have a number of category 5 certificates we would like to use prior to our cruise. Being unfamiliar with the area, just curious if any of the locations would be suitable for first time tourists? Thanks for your input!
Any children? If so, what ages?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:04 pm

Nope, just us 50 somethings.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by stoddaj1
Nope, just us 50 somethings.
I just noticed you said you were wanting to use Category 1-5 certificates. If that's the case, there are no Category 1-5 properties within New Orleans proper. The only properties in those categories would be in the suburbs and not close to any entertainment activities.
jalves likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
I just noticed you said you were wanting to use Category 1-5 certificates. If that's the case, there are no Category 1-5 properties within New Orleans proper. The only properties in those categories would be in the suburbs and not close to any entertainment activities.
I'm using one at the FFI at MSY since we're arriving late on a Saturday night during a Festival and didn't want to pay a lot in the FQ/CBD area. It's only a Cat. 3 but to pay would be $165 that night. I agree with Controller I would not want to stay far away where the 5s are located. Use them on a different trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.