Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier, HHonors Gold
Just called down to front the desk again. Still no access to the café. The associate implied it was only open those paying for their meal.

If Sharon's list shows access was available as of Dec 2012, I would like to know who in fact did eat there, because everyone on this post has not had the same experience (VickiSoCal reports no option as of a year ago).

The mystery continues!
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
if you recall, Marriott modified their lounge/breakfast policy earlier this year........

Originally Posted by neos
Just called down to front the desk again. Still no access to the café. The associate implied it was only open those paying for their meal.

If Sharon's list shows access was available as of Dec 2012, I would like to know who in fact did eat there, because everyone on this post has not had the same experience (VickiSoCal reports no option as of a year ago).

The mystery continues!
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
OK, staying in HK 2/22 for 4 nights. Looks like the Ren was just re-done and has good priced rooms, even more so if I pay in advance.

What are my chances for an upgrade? Are they better at the JW?
Is the lounge comparable to the JW?

Thank you!!
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:41 pm
Suspended

you should already know the answer to this question as upgrades are generally based upon occupancy at checkin next February......

And, have you checked on school holidays and Chinese New Year dates to see if they fall on/over your stay period ??

Originally Posted by lucycan
OK, staying in HK 2/22 for 4 nights. Looks like the Ren was just re-done and has good priced rooms, even more so if I pay in advance.

What are my chances for an upgrade? Are they better at the JW?

Last edited by BKKLEE; Dec 13, 2013 at 11:32 pm
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Was just a Sky City in HKG. Got suite upgrade which is common for this property. The also do inroom check-in which is nice touch.

The lounge opens at 6AM but has very, very limited provisions (water/sode/coffee and couple muffins is about it). You get access to the bistro for breakfast which opens at 6:30AM.

I've been there half a dozen times and have never been there for the evening to comment on the lounge at night.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
you should already know the answer to this question as upgrades are generally based upon occupancy at checkin next February......

And, have you checked on school holidays and Chinese New Year dates to see if they fall on/over your stay period ??
Yes, I am quite past both of these. The question was more to "do these properties upgrade Plats" which as YOU know, varies very much from property to property.

Last edited by lucycan; Dec 14, 2013 at 7:15 am
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:37 am
Suspended

past stays reported by others are not necesarilly indicative of future stay upgrade availability............really what you need is a clairvoyant........

Yes, I am quite past both of these. The question was more to "do these properties upgrade Plats" which as YOU know, varies very much from property to property.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
past stays reported by others are not necesarilly indicative of future stay upgrade availability............really what you need is a clairvoyant........
Well now you are just trying to argue
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:47 am
Suspended

really, well you want to know if the Ren or JW offers better chances of upgrades for a stay 3-month down the road so to respond either someone has a crystal ball or is just speakin' out of the wrong side.........

while you've got ESP on hold, why not check to see if it will rain or not

Well now you are just trying to argue
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:10 am

So would anyone argue that the Ritz is worht 2x the price of the JW for a Plat to stay?

No ESP needed here
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:33 am
Suspended

I've only stayed at the JW (or next door at the Conrad) during our yearly trips up to HKG, but in actuality for the actual # of hours spent in the hotel, IMO the cost of the RC would not be worth the 2X price, but each to their own.........

So would anyone argue that the Ritz is worht 2x the price of the JW for a Plat to stay?

No ESP needed here
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
We have a one night stay booked at the JW in January. We will have three people in the room. Last time we were there, we took a corner room with two double beds. I can ask for that again but was thinking of taking a king bed room and adding a rollaway. My question is whether the deluxe room will be big enough to fit the rollaway. Any thoughts?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by 25milesfromhome
We have a one night stay booked at the JW in January. We will have three people in the room. Last time we were there, we took a corner room with two double beds. I can ask for that again but was thinking of taking a king bed room and adding a rollaway. My question is whether the deluxe room will be big enough to fit the rollaway. Any thoughts?
The king bedded rooms are small and I would not recommend it. Some people have done it though and you can see pictures at Tripadvisor for this hotel.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus

No ESP needed here
I usually stay at the JW and have only visited the Ritz to go to the Ozone bar at the top.

The JW is fantastic. It is a great hotel and the lounge is very good if you have access. From seeing the public areas of the Ritz, it was on another level. It was incredibly flashy! I was tempted to book one night with points to check it out.

That being said, last time I was in HK I opted for the Courtyard as it was a lot less points than than the JW!
Old Dec 14, 2013, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No question in my mind that the JW is better for a plat. More likely to upgrade and you get lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.