Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Wherever you decide to stay in HKG, get yourself an Octopus Card to get around with no hassles

http://www.hongkongextras.com/octopuscard.html

Originally Posted by qwest01
......... on the return journey home I can arrange to have a 3 day layover in Hong Kong. I think 3 days should be enough time in Hong Kong in late Feb since the weather will probably still be cool ...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
I will say RC HK will really depends on your luck. On a foggy day you are paying hefty for seeing the cloud.

Ren is good in terms of overall experience and JW is nice as well. Rooms are small anyway. Food spread at JW lounge is pretty amazing while Ren is not bad as well.

For me: I prefer stay at Ren and use the money to eat at HK
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's expensive but I was impressed by my Ritz Carlton stay, including swimming with a view and a wall of fish. If you don't stay there, try to go to their top level bar Ozone for a snack or drink or alternatively the lounge bar between the restaurants which also has stunning views. There are also good (and free) views from the circular carriage entrance, IIRC on level 9 in terms of the elements mall. This is their lower lobby but the check in counter is on the 103rd floor.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:49 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Another vote for the JW....good location and the if you have Executive lounge access the spread throughout the day is great....Breakfast...Afternoon tea (with sandwiches)....hot food items in the eve...with open bar...then dessert

Staff is great as well....The GM and the other top management will pay a visit to the lounge on occasion to chat with the guests...^

Last edited by goingbananas; Mar 21, 2012 at 7:04 pm
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Looks Like the JW will get my vote.

So on balance it seems the JW will get my vote for the 3 day stay - points or paid stay - depends on what is on offer. Will probably book a points stay and then if a good deal pops up in the interim I can always cancel the points booking and reserve a paid stay.

Incidentally on the outward trip we are doing 1 night at the Sky City Marriott since the flight from London gets in too late to fly on to Phuket.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by qwest01
So on balance it seems the JW will get my vote for the 3 day stay - points or paid stay - depends on what is on offer. Will probably book a points stay and then if a good deal pops up in the interim I can always cancel the points booking and reserve a paid stay.

Incidentally on the outward trip we are doing 1 night at the Sky City Marriott since the flight from London gets in too late to fly on to Phuket.
Maybe a bit late and I have not stayed at the Ren, but in January 2011 I stayed for the 2nd time at the JW and I really rate the hotel. One of the best lounges in the group (up there with the JW in Bangkok) although the rooms are a little small.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
Go with jw. Best exec lounge I have experienced. Food layout is great. Over the pacific plaza mall with lots of shops and restaurants. Also metro right there.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:59 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by goingbananas
Another vote for the JW....good location and the if you have Executive lounge access the spread throughout the day is great....Breakfast...Afternoon tea (with sandwiches)....hot food items in the eve...with open bar...then dessert

Staff is great as well....The GM and the other top management will pay a visit to the lounge on occasion to chat with the guests...^
This with the upgrades is why i always stay at the JW.

Do they still do the gold fish in the rooms (might only be in a suite)?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I'm here now. Was checked-in in the lounge, not my room this time.

I asked about free pressing and they said no, it is not a benefit.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by kevino
I'm here now. Was checked-in in the lounge, not my room this time.

I asked about free pressing and they said no, it is not a benefit.
Did you get a letter when you check in at the lounge? It states very clearly about your benefits such as free local call and 2 pieces of pressing. Mr. Nacho is Gold, so if you are Gold or above you should get the same benefit.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:58 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by Aggie

Do they still do the gold fish in the rooms (might only be in a suite)?
The last room I had there was a regular room and no fish. I spent most of my time either working, eating or "lounging it" so no big deal...The last time I had a suite there it did have gold fish...forgot about those guys...
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Thanks Nacho. I went back to the lounge the next morning and got a better agent. I asked for the Executive Floor Privileges list and got it. It now says one piece of pressing per room per stay. It hardly seems worth the trouble to fill out the form one one item and then hope they deliver it on time before I check-out, but I think I'll do it.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Oh btw if you happen to ask for late check out, make sure that they don't just write it down on a piece of paper. They did it once and our keys were disabled at noon, lounge door wasn't locked so that I could go in to get some drinks. There were no staff there until we checked out, and we couldn't get back to our room. So we had to use the office phone to call FD to get them to check us out. Then they told us that they will bring our bags down to the lobby, after 30 mins no one did it. We had to tell them again, and they drove us to the airport (we missed 2 shuttles) as an apology.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:41 pm

Hi, gentlemen, I have a few questions regarding this hotel.
We are a group of 4 planning to ONE room at this hotel.

1. Do they provide gold benefits to all the room occupants if one of the occupants is a gold member?

2. Do they provide gold benefits to all the room occupants if all the occupants are gold member?

3. If I have already booked the hotel room, then only I registered myself for the gold elite challenge, will I have the gold benefits during my stay.

4. Is there any condition that I have to fulfill in order to enrol into the elite challenge programme?

5. Can the elite challenge programme applied via email?

Sorry guys, I know it's a long list, but it would be very helpful if someone has some information about it...

Thanks a lot=)
Old Mar 31, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Is the JW worth the additional points over the Ren for a 5 night stay?

Was 45000 additional points as an FYI.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.