Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:07 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Please PM me if your friend can help. I am staying in HK for 3 nights in January (Jan 3-6). Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:19 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
The JW Marriott is a fantastic hotel above the Pacific Place shopping mall with my favorite pool in the SAR. The thing is that it is not unlike any other high end hotel in the world. If you want something that is more authentically Hong Kong, I'd encourage you to check out one of the hotels near Mui Wo and Silvermine Bay on Lantau...or if you want someplace relaxing and very inexpensive check out the hotels on Lamma Island close to the ferry pier. You can take a bus directly from HKG to Mui Wo for ~USD5 and the Lamma Ferry is located on the water adjacent to the airport express station. The Lamma Ferry is inexpensive. If you want more suggestions, PM me.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As this doesn't have to do with hotel deals since it appears that the OP isn't booking a publically available rate, but instead a non-publically available rate, I'm going to go ahead & move this to the Marriott forum as its not Hotel Deals relevant.

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:00 am

Patricialruk

Originally Posted by fumitani
I'll be going to Hong Kong two times while on a MR to LAX. I'll have two 23 hour periods in Hong Kong on the outbound and inbound. I plan to stay in Hong Kong for those 23 hours both times.

My friend can book me for 655 Hong Kong Dollars a night in Jan. It's roughly $90 dollars a night. Is it worth it? Just wanted to get some opinions.
My husband goes to Hong Kong 2x's a yr July and January for work. I to would like to know how to get this rate. It is so expensive it would help greatly.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
This is a great hotel, but the super rate is not publicly available, so don't expect to get it unless you qualify.

Bruce
Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:40 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
In fact, the OP has not responded here to questions as to the rate and whether or not it is available to the public.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:51 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
ohmark,

The reason Bruce posted what he did was probably because he went out to Marriott.com, like I just did, and found somthing similar to this:

Quality Room >>
655.00 (HKD) per night Rate rules
Reserve a Room
Marriott Associate Pleasure rate, Deluxe room, 1 king or 2 double beds, valid staff ID/authorization form is required

Not publicly available. A few seconds investigating goes a long way.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 2:12 pm

Programs: UMP MR
You can book a lot of these 'unpublished' rates if you use a local travel agent.
Its not a public rate but a rate you can get if you book through any of the local agents.
I have a local travel agent in HK and their rates on rooms at Hyatt, Marriott, etc are far lower than anything you will see published. I've stayed at the New World for about 60% of the published rate on Marriott's web site (indluding taxes and all fees). The caveat is no points, no credits. These rates will usually be all inclusive of taxes and service fees. So if you are only looking for a place to sleep its a no brainer. If you are looking for points/club levels, amenities, you will pay for it. Also ther are rates for 'local' residents only that are also very cheap.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes my friend works at Mariott and he is willing to let me use his discount
Old Aug 29, 2006, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 5MM, Lifetime Marriott Titanium Platinum Elite
I have stayed there many times and can't ever remember paying less than $200. Great Hotel

Caltraveler
Old Aug 29, 2006, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT; National Exec
My co-workers wife works there & they took me out to dinner there for my visit to HK. I can say the hotel is beautiful, the staff was so attentive to us. We had the Peking Duck (2 way style) and it was the best I ever had. The rest of the items we had was: Spicey Prawns (great), Sweet & Sour soup (great), Chinese Cabbage (great), and Beef w/ fried noodles (great). I wish I could have stayed there but maybe next time. Also found out that when any of our executives visit our HK office they always stay there & I work for a top 10 company.

p.s. I stayed at the Metropark in Causeway Bay, really nice hotels w/ great views of the Harbour & Victoria Park.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
AWESOME deal for a JW...very very nice hotel...as you can probably tell already from all the posts

I'll be going to Hong Kong two times while on a MR to LAX. I'll have two 23 hour periods in Hong Kong on the outbound and inbound. I plan to stay in Hong Kong for those 23 hours both times.

My friend can book me for 655 Hong Kong Dollars a night in Jan. It's roughly $90 dollars a night. Is it worth it? Just wanted to get some opinions.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just be careful. Your friend is only allowed to give his discount to his parents & his children. Even his brothers & sisters are not technically eligible for his discount. If your friend gets caught, he could lose his privileges & you'll be forced to pay full rack rate, whatever that may be at the time. Your friend can offer you the friends & family rate if its available without getting himself or you in trouble. IMHO, your friends making a poor decision by offering you this benefit.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by JiggyForMiles
You can book a lot of these 'unpublished' rates if you use a local travel agent.
Its not a public rate but a rate you can get if you book through any of the local agents.
I have a local travel agent in HK and their rates on rooms at Hyatt, Marriott, etc are far lower than anything you will see published. I've stayed at the New World for about 60% of the published rate on Marriott's web site (indluding taxes and all fees). The caveat is no points, no credits. These rates will usually be all inclusive of taxes and service fees. So if you are only looking for a place to sleep its a no brainer. If you are looking for points/club levels, amenities, you will pay for it. Also ther are rates for 'local' residents only that are also very cheap.

Could you let me know who your local travel agent is in HK?

I'm booking a trip to Hong Kong in october and I'd like to stay at the JW Marriot but rates are $300+ USD.

Thanks in advance,
Frederic
Old Aug 30, 2006, 3:28 pm

great rate at HK$655/night fro hong kong marriot but be ready they may ask for your marriot staff ID/identification upon check in if the room is booked in your name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.