Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Years ago, when I was trying to decide which Law School to attend, a family friend told me life isn't always right and wrong decisions, there are many times you have to choose between two or more good options, any on of which will work. Choose one, go with it, and don't look back. Make the most of the decision you made, as opposed to worrying you may have made the wrong decision.

In the case of the hotels in Paris, you've got many excellent options. I've been to two of the properties, and like Champs Elysees a little better. But just a little.

The breakfast - free coupons for PM - is the best meal my traveling companion and I ever had. Period. We still talk about the cheese, the rhubarb, the omlets, the breads, the yogurt...

And we still talk about the tub in the bathroom with the bubble bath the hotel provides. OMG. The tub is the right size, slants the right way on the side for perfect relaxation, jets strongly, and was so clean you could eat off it.

But no matter which property you choose, the trip will be awesome. So choose one, know you'll be in a great hotel, and go about planning the rest of the trip.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by twebst
BTW, when checking in last night I was told that this is being upgraded to a Marriott, Club is being installed as we speak.
Anybody have any updates on the club/CL progress? I wound up booking it for our last night in Paris (Oct 28), and I think it would be kind of nice to sit around the lounge and go over the previous couple of weeks before getting up for our flight stateside.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Is this the CY that charges 5 Euro for a shuttle to/from CDG?
Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:47 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
Originally Posted by BigLar
Anybody have any updates on the club/CL progress? I wound up booking it for our last night in Paris (Oct 28), and I think it would be kind of nice to sit around the lounge and go over the previous couple of weeks before getting up for our flight stateside.
The rebranding to Full Service took place back in April, so I would think everything is in place by now (haven't been back to check though).
Old Aug 5, 2008, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TribeFlyer
The rebranding to Full Service took place back in April, so I would think everything is in place by now (haven't been back to check though).
if thats true then there isnt a free shuttle but 1 that costs 5 Euro. Was looking to use a free night cert for an overnighting @ CDG and the Marriott came up with the 5 euro fee. Since Id be going back and forth into Paris itself it meant at least 20 Euros in fees. So I KOed that idea
Old Aug 5, 2008, 4:46 pm
LKO

Programs: Marriott platinum
Just returned on a flight from Paris and stayed at this property last night. There is no CL, but they did give us vouchers for 2 cocktails & 2 breakfasts in the restaurant. I have gold status with Marriott. There are computers available for use (10 euros for 1 hour) in the lobby, but free access in the rooms.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 8:25 am

Programs: *wood plt,mrt plt, aa ex plt
Property In Paris

I have 3 days in Paris, flying into ORY out of CDG, I would like to hit the highlights the tower, Louvre, Notre Dame.
I am Plt with Marriott
What is everyones hotel suggestion?
Thanks
Old Aug 10, 2008, 12:25 pm

If you do a search of this forum, you'll see several fairly recent threads discussing the relative merits of the Marriott properties in the area.

Personally, I'm partial to the Marriott Rive Gauche, as it is located just slightly off of the beaten path in a non-touristy neighbourhood, but well within easy walking distance of everything, as well as a Metro and RER station.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 12:35 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

This is a frequent question about a popular destination. As noted, Search is your friend.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 2:55 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
I also recommend the Marriott Rive Gauche. The RER runs directly from CDG to Denfert-Rochereau, from there you change to the number 6 line direction Nation and get off at the 2nd stop, Glaciere. The hotel is basically across the street. Very very very easy. To go to ORY, you just hop back on the number 6 in direction Etoile, get off at Denfert-Rochereau and switch to the ORLY BUS. The signs are quite easily posted and marked.
I am quite good friends with the Guest Services Manager, so if you would like her email address for any special requests or additional information, let me know by PM and I'll provide it to you with her name. The CL is one of the best, if not the best in Europe in my opinion with a fully stocked fridge with nothing but 1667, my favourite French suds. And these really amazing chocolate chip cookies that are fresh from the bakery daily.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Just a note the CL at Marriott Rive Guache is closed until late Aug (since OP didn't give dates) I got free breakfast buffet and a free drink each day instead.

I just returned from there and agree with dg4255. It's a great hotel, if you are using points it's a good value! Location is very easy to navigate from.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 6:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
If you've got the points and/or the cash, you can't beat the FS Marriott Champs Elysses. (sp?).

Otherwise CY Neuilly is a good hotel in a lovely neighborhood and a fairly quick and easy jaunt to the central city. La Defense Ren is also good. Bigger hotel with more services. Less charming commerical area, however.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 7:43 am

Programs: Delta 3MM/PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Easy! Rive Gauche!

+1 on what the others said, and yes the lounge is closed for a month.

Nice property and bookable on points.

Joel
Old Aug 18, 2008, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Public transportation Orly to Marriott Rive Gauche

Originally Posted by crazyhorse

For the guy asking about the Orly Bus, you can catch it from the Denfert Rocherou station and if you have luggage do yourself a favour and just walk to the station along the road rather than lugging it up and down the subways of the train. Its not that far and you'll save yourself a sore back.

Have fun in Paris!
I have booked a 1-week stay at Rive Gauche, primarily based on good reviews by FTers. Besides, the rates are much better than CE.
Regarding public transportation from Orly, would you please detail what is the best way to get to the hotel. Bus and/or metro? Line #s and station names please. Thanks.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Probably the best way to get from Orly to the Rive Gauche is to take the Orly Bus to Denfent Rochert (I probably misspelled that LOL) Then you can either get on the Metro or just walk down St. Jacques a few blocks to the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.