Search

New Residence Inn in Muskoka, ON

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
New Residence Inn in Muskoka, ON

MARRIOTT HEADING TO MUSKOKA
Marriott International, has announced plans to construct a Residence Inn by Marriott Muskoka Wharf hotel in Gravenhurst, ON, with construction to begin early next year for a spring 2007 opening.

Situated on the shores of Lake Muskoka, the 104-suite hotel will feature early 1900’s heritage architecture reminiscent of the area, along with a gatehouse entry, common area, indoor pool, fitness area, outdoor sports court, patio, library, and breakfast and hearth room.

“The Residence Inn by Marriott Muskoka Wharf is part of Marriott’s continued strategy to grow our brands in new markets across Canada,” said Ronald T. Harrison, president of Marriott Lodging Canada and senior vice president of Marriott International.

Author: Travel Courier
Organization: Baxter Publishing
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Has anyone styed here yet? I am thinking about this or The Rosseau JW Marriott. Obviously very different properties but wanted people's first hand experiences
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:07 pm

stayed there last Friday.

The room is new and modern, and a very nice size balcony facing the lake (I am Silver Elite). The Kitchen is well equipped and the room has a very good size closet. The room has a free bag of microwave popcorn.

The pool is okay sized. Didn't use it, but probably it is a nice feature when winter comes.

Breakfast is well stocked. The hotel was full last Saturday and the hotel opened the library and other common areas to accommodate all the breakfast guests.

Requested late check-out but was denied.. because hotel was full for Saturday.

Staffs are friendly.. they are probably retired persons from Muskoka areas.

Would definitely recommend stay here if you are looking for a nice suite with full kitchen in the Muskoka area. It lacks on-site water sports rental when compared to other resorts in the area.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I stay here last week and I liked the hotel. It's got nice architecture that fits the area but once inside the doors it's a regular Residence Inn with all the pros and cons those have. If I could have a single wish, I'd like them to redo the pool area and offer a heated indoor/outdoor pool to use during the winter season. If it had this, it would probably be my favorite Residence Inn in the whole system. The staff is very good although a bit more senior than in other hotels.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.