Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus Bucks / Award Stay combination

Old Aug 31, 05, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Has anyone ever been successful in combining an award stay/bonus bucks? For example, take a 4-night stay with 2 paid nights and 2 award nights. Will Marriott accept two bonus bucks coupons or just one? If they accept two, this has interesting possibilities...

The T&C's are somewhat ambiguous when it comes to my question:

2. Must be a registered guest and a consecutive two (2) night paid stay is required. Only one (1) $100 Bonus Bucks Coupon is applicable per two (2) night stay.

- Consecutive 2 night paid stay required: no problem there!
- One coupon applicable per two night stay: notice how the word "paid" is ommited from this part of the sentence...

If 2 coupons can be used, a $200/night property for 4 nights could be had for next to nothing (i.e. the cost of two premium pounds to pay for first 2 nights and a 2-night cat 4-5 award). The deal is even sweeter with 6 nights at a $300/night property (cost of 3 premium pounds to pay for first 2 nights and a 4-night cat 5-6 award).
Old Aug 31, 05, 8:22 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Good try, but I'm 100% sure that most properties will not take BB or PP's for free nights.
Old Aug 31, 05, 8:33 am

Programs: Avis Chairman's, IHG Au, Hyatt Discoverist (Visa,) Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Life Au
Originally Posted by geadnic
Has anyone ever been successful in combining an award stay/bonus bucks? For example, take a 4-night stay with 2 paid nights and 2 award nights. Will Marriott accept two bonus bucks coupons or just one? If they accept two, this has interesting possibilities...

The T&C's are somewhat ambiguous when it comes to my question:

2. Must be a registered guest and a consecutive two (2) night paid stay is required. Only one (1) $100 Bonus Bucks Coupon is applicable per two (2) night stay.

- Consecutive 2 night paid stay required: no problem there!
- One coupon applicable per two night stay: notice how the word "paid" is ommited from this part of the sentence...

If 2 coupons can be used, a $200/night property for 4 nights could be had for next to nothing (i.e. the cost of two premium pounds to pay for first 2 nights and a 2-night cat 4-5 award). The deal is even sweeter with 6 nights at a $300/night property (cost of 3 premium pounds to pay for first 2 nights and a 4-night cat 5-6 award).
RU a lawyer?
U could be with that sharp eye for loopholes due to exact (lack of) words!

Some hotels ignore the limits on BBs & allow customers to get lucky by using 'em over the limits anyway, so the point may be moot.
Of course, your plan may work if a receptionist quickly sees '4 nights--OK, 2 BBs,' without noticing how many nights are paid.
Old Aug 31, 05, 9:08 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
My advice is give them 2 of them at check out and do not mention anything. The worst that happens is they give one back and say you cannot use it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: