Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Concierge Lounges "Ordinarily" Open On Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concierge Lounges "Ordinarily" Open On Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2005, 7:40 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Waikoloa, HI Waikoloa Beach Marriott - Resort No Lounge and No Coupons (All Days, Not Just Weekends). Since it is a resort, I didn't expect to be comp.'ed breakfast.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 8:49 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Correction: Detroit Ren Cen and Detroit Downtown are one and the same, and go by the Ren Cen name. There is a Courtyard Downtown, but we all know how many Courtyards have C-lounges.

Thanks for the good work jonathansullivan.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Renaissance Chicago North Shore lounge is open on weekends. Slightly-better-than-average spread. Was not able to talk them into giving breakfast coupon to Plat.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drtdk
Renaissance Chicago North Shore lounge is open on weekends. Slightly-better-than-average spread. Was not able to talk them into giving breakfast coupon to Plat.
On a related note, the main Renaissance Chicago (in the loop, just south of the Chicago River) is open on specific weekends. In the rate rules for a Club level room, it states exactly which weekends. I forget them all, but I know, for example, that it's open the weekend of the Chicago Marathon. There are about six weekends between now and the end of the year on which it's open.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
One request for this thread: anyone know what the Wardman Park is doing these days? Do they have a weekend lounge or complimentary b-fast for Golds? Debating between the JW and Wardman Park for a weekend in D.C...lounge isn't the only factor in my decision and I know the JW is open, but I'm surprised nobody here has mentioned the WP given how huge it is.

Heck, I don't even know where the lounge is in that place as I've only been there as a Silver.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC Elite MRR Plat
JW Marriott Houston

My wife and I are at the JW Marriott in Houston. The lounge was closed all weekend and the front desk announced that the new manager ended the practice of complimentary coupons for week-end stays. The chart at the start of this post should delete the notation of free coupons.

The Monday morning lounge breakfast was first rate - lots of choice and good quality.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 12:30 pm

Dallas Marriott Suites Market Center

This is a unique Marriot in that Marriott Suites frequently do not have concierge lounges. This one does however they are closed at Friday noon until Sunday at 5:30 PM.

They do not provide coupons on the weekend, nor do they provide the Light and Healthy buffet option on the weekend.

Your thread is very useful!

Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2005, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
MAY 30, JUNE 13, JUNE 27, OCT 10, NOV 7, NOV 28 (per the rate rules)

not last weekend, when i was there.

Originally Posted by pinniped
On a related note, the main Renaissance Chicago (in the loop, just south of the Chicago River) is open on specific weekends. In the rate rules for a Club level room, it states exactly which weekends. I forget them all, but I know, for example, that it's open the weekend of the Chicago Marathon. There are about six weekends between now and the end of the year on which it's open.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 9:50 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
New Orleans - JW Marriott

The lounge is no longer open on weekends
Old Aug 30, 2005, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just booked seven nights (award) at Ren Parc 55 in San Francisco. We arrive there on a Saturday, so lounge access was vital.

According to this thread, the lounge is open, and that's one big thing that swayed me to there.

Love this thread! Many thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by BigLar
Just booked seven nights (award) at Ren Parc 55 in San Francisco. We arrive there on a Saturday, so lounge access was vital.

According to this thread, the lounge is open, and that's one big thing that swayed me to there.

Love this thread! Many thanks.
If it's vital, Big, I'd always check beforehand and specifically ask the front desk if the lounge is going to open the weekend I'm there. Good luck.

Last edited by ohmark; Aug 31, 2005 at 8:27 am
Old Aug 31, 2005, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont
Denver Marriott Tech Center

Denver Marriott Tech Center
Closed from Fri noon until Mon morning with no access.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 2:13 pm

Programs: Continental, American, United, America West
Renaissance in Hong Kong lounge open during the weekends
Old Sep 11, 2005, 3:12 am

Programs: Delta 2.5MM&Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier, Platinum Emeritus
Marriott Brussels

Originally Posted by LH738

Belgium.......Brussels.....Marriott Brussels.............CLOSED
Germany.......Frankfurt....Marriott Frankfurt............CLOSED
Germany.......Stuttgart....Marriott Stuttgart............OPEN (at least on Sunday)
England.......London.......Renaissance LHR...............OPEN
England.......London.......Marriott Park Lane............OPEN
England.......London.......Marriott Regents Park.........OPEN
England.......London.......Marriott Kensington...........OPEN
England.......London.......Marriott West India Quay......OPEN
Just stayed at Marriott Brussels at end of August. As a Platinum Premier Elite member, we were able to talk them into complimentary coupons for the excellent hot and cold food breakfast buffet for both weekend mornings.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 3:15 am

Programs: Delta 2.5MM&Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier, Platinum Emeritus
Heidelberg Marriott

Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer
Added based on my experience:

Germany

Frankfurt Marriott - Closed on weekends (as elite, had to get breakfast in the restaurant on weekends)

Heidelberg Marriott - Open on weekends (and free Internet connection too!)
Just stayed at Heidelberg Marriott this past week. Lounge still open weekend evenings, but closed weekend mornings. Instead, breakfast is in the restaurant (great buffet!) on weekend mornings. No longer has free internet access in the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.