Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

can anyone explain this good fortune at the camelback inn?

Old Apr 13, 05, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

A couple of months ago, I had a 6 night stay at the Marriott Camelback Inn. I had reserved an AAA rate of $340 a night including breakfast. (It was high season so this was a decent rate. ) When I checked in, we were told that our rate was $215 a night including breakfast. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want anyone checking and possibly changing the rate back. Has this ever happened to anyone? I never had a hotel voluntarily lower a rate. By the way, I checked the rates online before I left on my trip and available rates were all higher than my orginal rate. In any case, we had a great stay and a terrific vacation.
Old Apr 14, 05, 4:45 am

Programs: United No Status Anymore, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Blue
It happened to us for New Years Eve '03 at the Chicago Renaissance - we booked our rate for $161 and upon check-in, we were told it was $143. We happily went along I will say that you did VERY well at the Camelback!!
Old Apr 14, 05, 1:42 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
It's happened to me 4-5 times when I am not on a corp rate. I asked because I didn't want to get dinged after the fact for the higher rate (I trust NO companies when it comes to travel $!) The explanation was that I was a Marriott Plat and that the rate I booked under was high due to an event and they ended up with open inventory, therefore they lowered my rate.

I thought that was pretty darned cool.

I have had one situation where it went the other way with my corp rate at the Courtyard Downtown Detroit this past Jan during the Detroit Auto Show. Adding insult to injury I arrived at 1:55AM and they had given my guaranteed room away so I ended up in Southfield (25 mins by taxi) and had to be back across the street at 8:00am for a meeting with a GM exec. I raised Cain with HQ and they straightened it out.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: