Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Triple Points with American Express

Old Sep 1, 04, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC

Found this on the Marriott homepage while looking for promos. Strangely enough, I couldn't find this if I went directly to the Marriott Rewards homepage.

http://marriott.com/rewards/amexProm...HP&WT_Ref=MIh3

EARN TRIPLE MARRIOTT REWARDS POINTS WHEN YOU PAY WITH YOUR AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD

Stay: At more than 2,400 Marriott hotels worldwide between 15 October 2004 and 28 February 2005, and pay with your American Express Card.
Earn: Triple Marriott Rewards Points, starting with your 2nd stay, good toward fabulous travel rewards.

Which Marriott brands are participating in the promotion?
Worldwide locations for Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard, Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites, Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites and Marriott Vacation Club International are participating.

Is there a limit to the number of points I may earn?
No, members will earn Triple Marriott Rewards bonus points on your 2nd and all subsequent stays when you pay with your American Express Card.

Do stays made prior to registration count toward the promotion?
Yes, as long as you register during the promotion, all American Express paid stays made between October 15, 2004 and February 28, 2005 will count toward achieving the bonus.

I signed up this morning and just saw the 25K promo posted in this forum. Tried to sign up for that as well but I got this message:

Marriott Rewards®25K Promotion

You cannot register for the Marriott Rewards 25K Promotion because you are already registered for the Marriott Rewards Triple Points Promotion. For more information please contact customer support.
Old Sep 1, 04, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Terms & Conditions

Missed this in my post-lunch brain shutdown....

Terms & Conditions
Registration required. Not valid for residents of USA and Canada. Credit toward the Marriott Rewards Triple Points Promotion is given for the nights you personally stay with Marriott between October 15, 2004 and February 28, 2005. Payment must be made with an American Express Card. A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible toward the promotion.
Old Sep 1, 04, 6:56 am

Programs: Ex Marriot Platinum, CO Gold
Bummer - that would have been an AWESOME promotion!!
Old Sep 1, 04, 7:41 am

And how exactly are they determining whether or not you are a resident of USA or Canada??? If it's based on the address associated with your Marriott profile, that should be easy enough to circumvent. Simply change your address to that of an overseas friend/family/etc.

If it's based on the address asociated with the credit card used, then that's a little more complicated...
Old Sep 1, 04, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you sure that's the correct link? I bring it up and it rabbits on about using your AMEX card and getting "thousands of points" but nowhere does it mention triple points.

Also, it appears to have buttons to register in USA/Canada and elsewhere.

Maybe I'm missing something --- not an unusual thing.
Old Sep 1, 04, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BigLar
Are you sure that's the correct link? I bring it up and it rabbits on about using your AMEX card and getting "thousands of points" but nowhere does it mention triple points.

Also, it appears to have buttons to register in USA/Canada and elsewhere.

Maybe I'm missing something --- not an unusual thing.
Yup, its the right link...I thought the "thousands of points" bit was pretty funny. I saw the two buttons for USA/Canada and Outside USA/Canada but thats for new members. I just clicked on the Sign In button. The details on the triple points are on the page that loads after this.

Clicking on the USA/Canada button takes you to the 25K promotion
Old Sep 2, 04, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
It worked differently for me. I signed in and registered, and it automatically registered me for the 25K promotion instead of the triple points.

Does anyone else find it odd that Marriott is running a promotion with AmEx? I thought they always pushed Visa, especially their own co-branded card...
Old Sep 4, 04, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
It worked differently for me. I signed in and registered, and it automatically registered me for the 25K promotion instead of the triple points.
I'm guessing from your profile that your address with Marriott Rewards is a US address. Perhaps the link registers you for the 25k or Triple points promotion automatically depending on the address on file. Does anyone want to try changing their address to a non-US/Canada address and registering to see if you get the Triple points promo?

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Does anyone else find it odd that Marriott is running a promotion with AmEx? I thought they always pushed Visa, especially their own co-branded card...
I have to pay for my business travel-related stays with my corporate Amex card, so I'm glad they decided to go with Amex this time around
Old Dec 4, 04, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
Still 3 months to go

I have got 40k bonus so far from this promotion and should get another 25k by the end of the year. I love this promotion ^
Old Dec 6, 04, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC*Elite, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Smart Monkey
I have got 40k bonus so far from this promotion and should get another 25k by the end of the year. I love this promotion ^
agreed. awesome promo, considering that one can get both triple points and 25k bonus points

Search this Thread
Search Engine: