Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Baltimore Marriott Hunt Valley Inn

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baltimore Marriott Hunt Valley Inn

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
$99/night is not very good on that property.
I probably booked 30 nights there last year and was paying around $55-$65ai, earned points, cashback, and paid with GCs. Weekday and weekends were wide open.
Also they give plats free breakfast in the rest or lounge.
Lounge had pretty good offerings.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stallion114
$99/night is not very good on that property.
I probably booked 30 nights there last year and was paying around $55-$65ai, earned points, cashback, and paid with GCs. Weekday and weekends were wide open.
Also they give plats free breakfast in the rest or lounge.
Lounge had pretty good offerings.
OK, I'll bite. How did you manage such a low rate when none is advertised?

Also, do Golds get breakfast>
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL Pl (2 m miler) AA, UA, Marriott Pl Life, Hilton Diamond Life, SPG Gold Life, IHG Spire Ambassador
Hunt Valley Inn

Is Hunt Valley Inn, in Maryland still a Marriott? Often stay here. Know that it was up for sale. Think Hilton gave it a pass. Been trying to reserve rooms in September on Marriott site but "none available."
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:10 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Looks like it's still listed as a Marriott website. See here.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:40 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
That's strange. It is still listed on the website but you are right, no rooms are available whether trying to book this month or several months down the road.
I doubt the hotel is sold out for the next 6 months. Looks like it may no longer be a Marriott property.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Looks like Jun 30th is the last date one can book the room (for 1 night).
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by socrates
never stayed there but have heard similar enough trip reports over the past few years - I could be mistaken but I thought about 10+/- years ago it was a very quality property - it is managed by a decent franchise company but have no personal knowledge of this hotels specific situation (ie the issue being ownership/franchise co etc)
This hotel was built in the 70's by the McCormick Spice Company, who was in the process of moving their HQ from downtown (so the Inner Harbor could be built /expanded) to Hunt Valley. They used it for corporate meetings, as well as the hotel of choice for overnight guests to the corporate campus, or execs being transferred to the area. As many of their guests were from overseas, and the events 70's sized excess, the hotel was a very nice upscale property. ( loyalty programs were in their infancy, so being private did not affect its' appeal -)

Once McCormick realized it was not in the real estate business, they sold it. Five years ago it was bearable if you could think "retro" rather than "old"....but now? I can't imagine staying there at any price.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: DL Pl (2 m miler) AA, UA, Marriott Pl Life, Hilton Diamond Life, SPG Gold Life, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by socrates
ugh - this means they'll have to manually process each guests stay - lots of opportunity for mistakes...the system can only handle Yes full credit or no credit at all...there isn't a setting 1/2 credit (ie nights but not points)
Yes, it is "old" --but the greatness of this property is that it is unique, not "cookie-cutter" like most major branded hotels. The landscape is lovely, complete with tennis courts. The interiors are indeed "retro" but with "class" rather than some reality show conception of interior design. It looks overbuilt however there is often a large number of guests.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
So is this Saturday the last day it's a Marriott brand? If so, I'll take it off the exec lounge list.

Cheers.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
So is this Saturday the last day it's a Marriott brand? If so, I'll take it off the exec lounge list.
It appears it's no longer a Marriott property, as its no longer listed on the Marriott website and links to information on the hotel no longer go to the hotel pages.

I've been trying to find out more about it's fate (rebrand, renovation, etc.) since I've often stayed there over the holidays while visiting family; however, so far, no luck.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:28 am

Their website states that they are now "The Hunt Valley Inn Baltimore formerly known as the 'Baltimore Marriott Hunt Valley Inn'"

Hopefully they'll renovate the rooms. I've always enjoyed the retro styling of the lobby, hallways and restaurant, but the rooms were always Marriott circa 1995, in that purgatory between retro and in need of renovation.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Awww, I'm gonna miss this place. I haven't stayed here in a few years but I used to spend some nights here from time to time....
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Currently a Wyndham Grand but coming back into the Marriott portfolio as a Delta Hotel in February 2017:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...e-hunt-valley/
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by GoPhils
Currently a Wyndham Grand but coming back into the Marriott portfolio as a Delta Hotel in February 2017:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...e-hunt-valley/
Thanks for the update. Going to be a Cat 5.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.