Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Renaissance [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2023, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
The current destination fee ($30 as of 2 Sept 2023) includes, per night:
  • 1 draft beer
  • 1 old fashion
  • 1 dessert (e.g., cookies)
  • free wi-fi

Fulfillment comes in form of coupons for each item, and you can redeem as many as you want.
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Renaissance [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:08 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VA1379
I doubt they will let me take a bottle of decent wine in lieu of the two coffee drinks and two cocktails.
your post reminded me, they did say something about a bottle of wine when I checked in (you can have this or a bottle of wine) but I never get the bottle of wine so dismissed. Give it a shot if you stay
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:43 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
your post reminded me, they did say something about a bottle of wine when I checked in (you can have this or a bottle of wine) but I never get the bottle of wine so dismissed. Give it a shot if you stay
For somebody like me who doesn't drink alcohol, this is useless.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by NDN
For somebody like me who doesn't drink alcohol, this is useless.
Agree.
I had them put in my profile that we don’t drink. Unfortunately not always read. Those complimentary bottles of wine that sometimes get sent go to waste on us as I’m not packing in my bags to take home.
Much prefer a fruit plate or something along those lines.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Was upgraded to a suite last weekend. Booked before the irritating destination fee was invoked, and was pleasantly surprised this was not mentioned at all during my stay, and was absent from my folio without any intervention on my end. Sad to see this fee however and will make future stays more difficult to justify.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Was upgraded to a suite last weekend. Booked before the irritating destination fee was invoked, and was pleasantly surprised this was not mentioned at all during my stay, and was absent from my folio without any intervention on my end. Sad to see this fee however and will make future stays more difficult to justify.
Thanks for thát info.
Was wondering if I was going to have to put up a fight next week when I go. Glad to see it went smoothly for you.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
I just completed a very nice stay at the Las Vegas Renaissance. On check in the FD rep asked me what kind of room upgrade I would prefer; never been asked that anywhere before. This hotel has convenient self parking, garage elevator opens into the hotel lobby; no long walks.

I was pleasantly surprised to find an omelette bar with chef in the concierge lounge. Plenty of breakfast items with several varieties of cut fruit, buffet of eggs and sausages. Hostess stopped by our table several times to clear dishes.

I was not charged a "destination fee". Maybe they waive it for Plats.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Tanic
I just completed a very nice stay at the Las Vegas Renaissance. On check in the FD rep asked me what kind of room upgrade I would prefer; never been asked that anywhere before. This hotel has convenient self parking, garage elevator opens into the hotel lobby; no long walks.

I was pleasantly surprised to find an omelette bar with chef in the concierge lounge. Plenty of breakfast items with several varieties of cut fruit, buffet of eggs and sausages. Hostess stopped by our table several times to clear dishes.

I was not charged a "destination fee". Maybe they waive it for Plats.
What day of the week was the omelette bar? Never seen this here before, sounds like a nice upgrade.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by beckoa
What day of the week was the omelette bar? Never seen this here before, sounds like a nice upgrade.
Tuesday and Wednesday til about 09:30.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Stayed here for the first time earlier this week on a 2 day reward stay (for CES). Was told about the destination fee which I already knew about. With that got two 2-drink coupons (also good for doubles), 2 coffees and (as a plat) choice of 1000 bonus points, a bottle of wine or a cheese/fruit plate. I joked that it was a hard decision between the wine and the points and the FD smiled and told me she'd give me all 3.

The sign said Plats/Golds get something extra for the destination fee but I didn't verify it was the same choices.

It does appear that the destination fee is sometimes waived. I showed a guy at the bar my drink tickets and he went over to the front desk and asked for some as well. They told him they hadn't charged him a destination fee...but ended up giving him a couple coupons anyway..

I'll probably stay here again for CES as it is just so convenient to the convention center. Lounge wasn't all that for breakfast or evening choices but good enough.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Getting worse

No shower gel. No mouthwash.

They seem to not be online with the mobile app's request feature.

Saw an unsupervised kid grab fruit with bare hands in lounge and walked out.

The wine that you can use the resort fee certificates for is worse than Trader Joe's Two Buck Chuck - you can't even combine them for a deent glass of wine or use them as a credit towards a decent glass of wine (ie. $5 off). And you can't use the drink coupons at the espresso bar. And for non-alcoholic beverages: the Mormon's love their PEPSI! Who the heck drinks Pepsi?!?!?!?

Please tell me this is not the life SPG people have to get used to?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:17 am

I
I just booked a two night stay here for the upcoming weekend. The disclosure on the destination fee, stated that one benefit of the fee is complimentary valet parking. Since I will be driving up from the PHX area, this seems to be worth the extra $25.00 nightly fee, or am I missing something? In any event, the nightly room rate is just over $100.00, so I have no complaints over the fee in this situation.

Also, I will report back about the quality of the lounge offerings.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by SCEflyer
I
I just booked a two night stay here for the upcoming weekend. The disclosure on the destination fee, stated that one benefit of the fee is complimentary valet parking. Since I will be driving up from the PHX area, this seems to be worth the extra $25.00 nightly fee, or am I missing something? In any event, the nightly room rate is just over $100.00, so I have no complaints over the fee in this situation.

Also, I will report back about the quality of the lounge offerings.
unless they changed it, parking was free last time I was there. So valet no big deal.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Aegean-Gold, TK-Elite, Accor-Platinum, SPG-Gold, Hilton-Gold, Club Carlson-Gold,AMEX-Platinum
Originally Posted by Tolew
But expensive Room Rates!!!!
In Vegas it is all about dates.... one day a room can cost $20 and another day the same room can be $300 .... really depends on when you are coming....
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

unless they changed it, parking was free last time I was there. So valet no big deal.
From the website:

Parking

• On-site parking, fee: 35 USD daily
  • Valet parking, fee: 45 USD daily
  • Oversized vehicles more than 6 feet 8 inches high or 8 feet wide will be subject to a USD 60 per space per day charge
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Renaissance LV - destination amenity fee???

I have made a booking for this hotel but I am puzzled about this warning "A daily destination amenity fee of USD 23.50 added to room rate includes covered valet parking, Internet and more." Is this in addition to the standard charge for parking? As a Platinum member I get free internet so what is this all about?

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.