Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Kauai Marriott - Lihue - Trip Report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2004, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Kauai Marriott Resort

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Kauai Marriott Resort

3610 Rice Street Kalapaki Bch Lihue, HI US 96766

Kauai Marriott - Lihue - Trip Report (0 Photo)

Kauai Marriott Resort

I just arrived home from 10 days at the Kauai Marriott in Lihue ( I am platinum and it was a rewards stay ).

What a amazing property !

As a platinum I was upgraded to a king 1 bedroom suite with 3 lanai's - ocean & pool view. The bathroom had a jacuzzi and a hugh seperate marble shower.
There are only 10 of these rooms in the entire hotel

I have read bad reviews about the properties thin walls / and airport noise.
We spent almost every morning at the beach on property and some part of almost every afternoon at the hugh pool and not once heard a plane going over head. I would say we saw a few helicopters during our stay but not many.

The staff was tremendous - from the waiters / to the desk clerks / to the bell men.

My wife truly enjoyed the spa and my son's and I enjoyed the tennis courts and the golf driving range !!

The island of kauai is beautiful and the best shave ice is definitely wishing well right past princeville

On a scale of 1 to 10 this overall vacation was a 10 because of the hotel !

Scott

Would you like to write a review on the Kauai Marriott Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 15, 2004, 10:42 pm

Thanks for the report Scott. We are going on an award stay next Feb, and have Platinum status, so your info is of great interest to me.

A few questions, if you don't mind....

Was the hotel full? I'm curious about the circumstances surrounding your luck in getting a suite. Had you booked an upgraded award room? And if so, did you book it as paying with points or $$$ ?

Did they require that you pay the upgrade fee (points or cash), or did they indicate you received a suite due to your Platinum status?

Was the King the only bed in the room? Since you said you went with the kids, how did you work that? Any pullout sofa?

Is there an accessible beach, or any snorkeling site on or near the property? And did the pool have a slide or any other areas of interest for the kids?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Old Jul 16, 2004, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerwife
Thanks for the report Scott. We are going on an award stay next Feb, and have Platinum status, so your info is of great interest to me.

A few questions, if you don't mind....

Was the hotel full? I'm curious about the circumstances surrounding your luck in getting a suite. Had you booked an upgraded award room? And if so, did you book it as paying with points or $$$ ?

Did they require that you pay the upgrade fee (points or cash), or did they indicate you received a suite due to your Platinum status?

Was the King the only bed in the room? Since you said you went with the kids, how did you work that? Any pullout sofa?

Is there an accessible beach, or any snorkeling site on or near the property? And did the pool have a slide or any other areas of interest for the kids?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Yes the hotel was full / did not book upgraded room / platinum upgrade
king bed with pull out sofa
great beach in front of hotel - the hotel is beach front and has the largest single level pool in the state - jacuzzi's and fountains in the pool

don't rent the pool floats / toys from the hotel - walmart is 8 minutes away
we purchased a ton of stuff and used it for two weeks for the same rate the hotel would have rented it to us for 1 hour

scott

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.