Search

All together now.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:01 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Rewards
Original Poster

Exclamation All together now.

Members,

Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and SPG are now officially one program. The program names are sticking around until 2019, but you can now book, earn and redeem at more than 6,700 participating hotels across 29 brands worldwide,

Explore Our Combined Program

Enjoy new Elite benefits

Earn points in more places

See new ways to redeem

Plus, starting now, any member with both a Rewards and SPG account can now easily combine them into one single account login and profile. All your eligible stays will earn into one account. Even better, your combined Elite nights could add up to achieving the next Elite level right now.

To combine, all you need is your login for both accounts. Combining accounts must be done by you, the member, and will not happen automatically, even if you’ve previously linked your accounts. Combine and keep your Rewards number here.

A lot has happened over the past few days, and we truly appreciate your patience. There are still a few known issues we’re working to resolve including:

For members whose accounts are still displaying incorrect Elite status, this issue should be corrected later today (August 21st).
  • For members whose accounts are still displaying incorrect Lifetime Elite status, we expect this issue to be resolved over the next week. However, while Lifetime Elite status may be displaying incorrectly, members’ current Elite status and benefits should be correct. As a reminder, SPG members who qualify for Lifetime Platinum Premier in 2018 will receive notice of their achievement in January 2019.
For members having issues other than those above, please contact us at https://www.marriott.com/marriott/contact.mi

We hope you enjoy all that one powerful program has to offer.

Kind regards,

Marriott Rewards Insider

Last edited by Marriott Rewards Insider; Aug 21, 2018 at 4:49 pm Reason: adding alert icon
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:05 pm

One platform, endless bugs, lies after lies (in particular to the Travel Package)
Happy, sdsearch, imverge and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
For members whose accounts are still displaying incorrect Elite status, this issue should be corrected later today (August 21st).
  • For members whose accounts are still displaying incorrect Lifetime Elite status, we expect this issue to be resolved over the next week. However, while Lifetime Elite status may be displaying incorrectly, members’ current Elite status and benefits should be correct. As a reminder, SPG members who qualify for Lifetime Platinum Premier in 2018 will receive notice of their achievement in January 2019.
In the off chance you might reply...

The site correctly shows I am LTPP but it also shows my current status and benefits are Platinum, not Platinum Premier. Apparently others are also seeing this if they are LTPP. Is this correct? LTPP receives Plat, not PP benefits, or will the system update to show Plat Premier as the current level and benefits?

Thank you in advance for the clarification.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
As a reminder, SPG members who qualify for Lifetime Platinum Premier in 2018 will receive notice of their achievement in January 2019
Is this a cut-and-paste thing from the SPG forum, or is the implication of this post that MR LTPPs will be updated this week? As an example, someone who has combined accounts and now meets the new 750+ nights plus 10 yrs Plat requirement?

Edit: Also, in reviewing the title of this thread, I suddenly experience the strong urge to break into song: "We are the world, we are the one..."
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:46 pm

[QUOTE=Marriott Rewards Insider;30112186]Members,

Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and SPG are now officially one program. The program names are sticking around until 2019, but you can now book, earn and redeem at more than 6,700 participating hotels across 29 brands worldwide,

Explore Our Combined Program

Enjoy new Elite benefits

Earn points in more places

See new ways to redeem [Link: [url] ]

Plus, starting now, any member with both a Rewards and SPG account can now easily combine them into one single account login and profile. All your eligible stays will earn into one account. Even better, your combined Elite nights could add up to achieving the next Elite level right now.

You can't really believe this can you?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: -
While using the link given to combine accounts, the total nights count of both my accounts showed only partial of 2018 instead of LT total.

What about those missing nights? Is it actually a good idea to combine bugs right now and hope you could fix more complicated bugs later?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: *G, CO Plat, UA 1P, Etihad Gold, Marriott Prem Plat, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by Garroakul
While using the link given to combine accounts, the total nights count of both my accounts showed only partial of 2018 instead of LT total.

What about those missing nights? Is it actually a good idea to combine bugs right now and hope you could fix more complicated bugs later?
I was wondering the same thing - when you get to the point where it shows the stats on each program the "lifetime night" are only my 2018 nights. This whole deal has been so wonky, I bailed.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky
I was wondering the same thing - when you get to the point where it shows the stats on each program the "lifetime night" are only my 2018 nights. This whole deal has been so wonky, I bailed.
Personally haven't seen any reports where this little glitch has resulted in the scenario where actual LT nights were lost. I just clicked right on through it last night (having already taken sufficient screen shots) and had no problems whatsoever. Others report a similar experience - for whatever that's worth...
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's the Henry Kissinger approach. Declare victory and go home.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
I am still missing recent SPG nights from August. Won’t affect my status so I am not going to worry about it. But I would like to report it here.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
This is an unmitigated disaster. I just booked a four night stay for this weekend at Hyatt.
tonywush likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please inform your team that mans the responses to messages sent to the link you provided in both this and the Travel Package thread the SAME "information" you communicate here - because what the team replies to members emails are complete opposite you have informed members here.

What is the purpose of telling the public what can be done this and that, while your own employees are totally unaware of the latest developments in the company PR spins?

Does Marriott realize this has wasted countless manhours of your members trying to do what you tell them to do? Meanwhile it also used up countless manhours of your own resources?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:56 pm
alc

Merge Failed

We are unable to merge your accounts at this time. Please try again later.
Just tried to merge my accounts. Took almost 8 times before went pass step 3, but got the above error at the very last step.

-- Added --

Finally by keep trying, on the ~20 times, my accounts merged. The LT balance is correct, even though the Confirmation page was incorrect as mentioned by others above.

Last edited by alc; Aug 21, 2018 at 10:12 pm
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I'm jealous of the people who merely have the wrong information showing online, because I still can't even log in to either of my accounts.
sdsearch, KRSW and Mark1976 like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: WJ Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by alc
Just tried to merge my accounts. Took almost 8 times before went pass step 3, but got the above error at the very last step.

-- Added --

Finally by keep trying, on the ~20 times, my accounts merged. The LT balance is correct, even though the Confirmation page was incorrect as mentioned by others above.
+1 for the "Added" section.

Same experience in that LT nights from both programs were accurate in the last step (but not initially). There also seemed like there was a timeout going through the process - I was flipping back and forth between here and the merge site and eventually had to start over again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.