Status Change on App Today

Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Hyatt Discoverist / IHG Diamond / American Airlines Executive Platinum
Before merger I was MR Platinum and MR Lifetime Gold. I was SPG nothing (except match).

Right now in the app I show up as MR Platinum and MR Lifetime Platinum. It says I need 28 nights to PPE. Looks like things are okay with LT, but there are still some issues with the current status. I'll give them a few days to iron it out and show up as PPE before I call. But I want it to be accurate before my next stay.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:34 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
anyone managed to claim their gifts (50th / 75th) yet? Understand that a 'combine account' action is required however that option is still not yet open for me. Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
....or from lifetime god at United due to attaining Million miles...
Lifetime is especially good if you're a god, since you're immortal.....
MasterGeek likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by porciuscato
Lifetime is especially good if you're a god, since you're immortal.....
indeed!! Haha
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:31 pm
xar

Originally Posted by xar
With 110 nights* in 2018 i was granted Plat Premier + Ambassador.
This is likely a bug which i hope would be sorted out soon given that my spend was no where near 20,000.

*Fun fact: All nights were from rewarding events.
Update.
Looks like Marriott patched it. They downgraded my status to Plat Premier (without Ambassador)
The option to combine accounts came up i'll update again if i qualified for any 50 or 75 gifts.
BrettMCA likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Was Marriott Plat yesterday, but today account seems to be Gold Oh well....
Got my status via Amex Plat >> SPG Gold >> Marriott .....
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:02 am
xar

Originally Posted by harri
Was Marriott Plat yesterday, but today account seems to be Gold Oh well....
Got my status via Amex Plat >> SPG Gold >> Marriott .....
Yes this is expected.
SPG Gold matched to Marriott Rewards (MR) Gold will be mapped as New MR (NMR) Gold
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
My status on both the app and website are as expected (PP and LTP), but everything else is screwed up! My reservations (8 of them...) are missing from the app, but are showing up on website. Lifetime nights are slightly different between the two (higher by 2 on the app). I keep thinking today is the day when the dust settles and my account accurately reflects reality, but so far I'm not seeing it!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by xar
Update.
Looks like Marriott patched it. They downgraded my status to Plat Premier (without Ambassador)
The option to combine accounts came up i'll update again if i qualified for any 50 or 75 gifts.
did you get an email account combination notification or did it pop up on the Marriott app?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by jimdarcy

did you get an email account combination notification or did it pop up on the Marriott app?

in my case i just logged in to the app to see that 'my' ambassador status had disappeared.

i shouldn't qualify for ambassador. despite my 300 nights this year (mostly meetings) my spend is FAR below the 20k threshold, but as a data point they do not accurately reflect my spend--it's currently showing $154.
xar likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:26 am
xar

Originally Posted by jimdarcy

Use this link > https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/merge-my-accounts.mi or the Australian link via https://www.marriott.com.au/loyalty/...my-accounts.mi
if it says "Coming soon" means your account is not ready to combine ( give it a few more days)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by xar
Use this link > https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/merge-my-accounts.mi or the Australian link via https://www.marriott.com.au/loyalty/...my-accounts.mi
if it says "Coming soon" means your account is not ready to combine ( give it a few more days)
thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by AdeAhmed
as an update, when i last checked this morning, mom status also updated to platinum elite
as another update:

i previously posted about my 3 family members and i

1 was gold via ritz carlton, upgraded to platinum - still platinum as of this morning
1 was gold via spg amex platinum canada, upgraded to platinum - now downgraded back to gold
1 was gold via spg amex platinum canada, originally gold, then upgraded to platinum, now back down to gold (my mom)

My self, I was gold via spg amex platinum canada, upgraded to platinum - still platinum

perhaps its being updated/corrected in batches?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:29 am

adding to above, checked my spg account, and somehow that got pushed up to platinum, likely why I still have platinum in my account

likely an IT error which i guess will sort itself out eventually
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:01 am
xar

Marriott App - PPE (downgraded when i logged in this morning)
Marriott /SPG Website - PPE (downgraded when i logged in this morning)
SPG app - PPE + A

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.