Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Change on App Today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Marriott Plat -> Plat. I should be PP.
Ditto.

Really hope I don't have to call to get this fixed.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:41 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I don't think the migration is complete yet. I still get random page errors on the site. We should wait until the dust settles next week before bombarding them with calls and emails about our LT status.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Honors
Became platinum in July through 9 stay challenge. According to Marriott's various press release, I should be new Premier Platinum, but now it seems like Marriott lied, and is only giving my normal platinum.

This merger just keeps bringing more and more negatives.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't make any assumptions one way or the other about what status is shown until Monday. Probably still lots of work being done IT wise.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by rog92
Became platinum in July through 9 stay challenge. According to Marriott's various press release, I should be new Premier Platinum, but now it seems like Marriott lied, and is only giving my normal platinum.

Here I completed the Plat challenge in May and I was Platinum, and today it is still showing Platinum.

Maybe no upgrade to Premier for Platinum Challengests?!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
Here I completed the Plat challenge in May and I was Platinum, and today it is still showing Platinum.

I did a challenge as well last year. But that really shouldn’t matter..
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:19 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Here is mine which i am quite sure is a glitch given that i did not spend close to $20,000 this year. LOL.
Maybe i should go book a room now and then ring up my "ambassador"
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold

x2, I completed the challenge in May, but the website, and the app are still showing Platinum.....
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rog92

No - you don't get bumped up in status to the 75 night level after staying just 9 nights. Doing that is an insult to everyone who actually stayed the 75.

If you actually earn the higher status by qualifying for it, you'll earn it. Otherwise, be happy with your 80% off Platinum status.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
No - you don't get bumped up in status to the 75 night level after staying just 9 nights. Doing that is an insult to everyone who actually stayed the 75.

If you actually earn the higher status by qualifying for it, you'll earn it. Otherwise, be happy with your 80% off Platinum status.
Do you know what is "Platinum Challenge"??
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:09 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

If that’s how Marrirot plays it, then they are treating you in the same way as those who completed the Gold challenge earlier this year or had Gold status earlier this year due to soft-landing from a Platinum challenge completed from 2016.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: MR rewards
Originally Posted by ringingup
I was one of the ones who go Marriott gold thanks to having SPG Gold via AMEX.

Mattiott app shows Platinum Elite but SPG app shows Gold Elite.

Assuming things will stay as is, will I be able to move points from SPG?
I got plantinium premier elite 75 with Marriott but platinum elite 50 at Spg !
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:15 am

Same as a lot of others. I was Marriott Platinum and was fully under the impression I would become a Planimum Premier. But it's only showing as Platinum Elite.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Mine also reads "Platinum Elite," but when I click on my name in the upper right hand corner of the screen, I get this:
Thank you. That's exactly what I see on my MR account now, including the infinity sign (which means LTPP for me).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I was an SPG Gold via Amex Platinum, merger to Marriott Gold since the merger closed. Interestingly I was SPG Gold for a couple of years even when I didn’t have an Amex Platinum (I cancelled the card for a couple of years). Today, my SPG account says Gold while my Marriott account says Platinum. This happens regardless of which skinned site I sign on to (you can now sign into the SPG skinned site or app with your Marriott member information or vice versa).

Has Marriott announced when accounts will be merged?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.