Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Post-Merger Platinum Choice Benefits

Post-Merger Platinum Choice Benefits

Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bmr12
Why would anyone at 75 nights want another 5 nights of elite credit?
Not sure what you are referencing, but at 75 MPG nights you should get 5 SNAs. There are Suite Night Awards that, when everything works right, allow you to get upgraded from a standard room to a suite up to five nights before your stay. SPG has had these for a while and MPG is picking up the benefit.
Ahhh, forgot about the choice of night credit...

Yes, it only makes sense if it will help you get over the next threshold. Those that pick that benefit in December should be very close or it's a waste of benefit.

Last edited by RogerD408; Aug 8, 2018 at 6:43 am
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
hold off on crediting nights till after 8/18.

Marriott is unclear on this, so there's a chance you won't get the benefit if you reach Plat before 8/18. Safest would be to hold off on crediting nights till after 8/18.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bmr12
Why would anyone at 75 nights want another 5 nights of elite credit?
Because it's there? Why do some people climb mountains?
nequine likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Because it's there? Why do some people climb mountains?
it would have to be someone who might get to 95 nights but spend $20K. I agree its bizarre.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by kaw753
Let's say I am at 75 nights this year. Do the elite night credits given to me (I assume it is this year) count towards my lifetime status numbers?
Originally Posted by RafKa
This has never been the case at SPG, so I don't see that changing.
Wouldnt be so sure. At Marriott all elite credits count towards lifetime status. Not clear what will happen in the new program.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
Wondering if MVCI Owner week nights count as paid nights or not. Anyone know?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by stvr
it would have to be someone who might get to 95 nights but spend $20K. I agree its bizarre.
A lot of people chose it with SPG because they didn't read the fine print. They thought it would apply the following year and give them a head start on Elite nights.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:24 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anyuser
I do believe they get night credit for staying those nights. Not sure on whether that would satisfy something like Megabonus or elite fastrack requirements or similar but just like award nights count toward LT status, MVCI owner nights count as well.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Megabonus usually requires a paid stay.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by anyuser
these count the same as paid night, i.e. you get night credit for every night stayed at an MVCI. I own three weeks at MVCI properties and these have helped me maintain my plat status with Marriott because I get 21 nights credit and I also rent a week or two extra which also qualify for night credit
As mentioned earlier, these do NOT count for megabonus and other promotions based on number of stays etc.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
I'm new to Marriott rules, so forgive me if this is obvious or well known. I have more Marriott/SPG points than my partner, but he is Platinum and I am only Gold. If I reserve with my points, but include him on the reservation (and he checks-in/occupies the rooms with me) will we get Platinum benefits? Or does the reservation in points need to come from his account?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:54 am

Has anyone had success selecting your choice benefits? I found the link in the terms and conditions but it pops up a login screen that asks for my username and password. I've tried using my Marriott number, my SPG number and my email address that I always use to sign into my Marriott account, but it won't accept any of them. Are we supposed to have a "username" now? Or perhaps the system is still broken...if so, then I hope it gets fixed soon because the terms and conditions state that the free might will be deposited into the account within 2 weeks of selecting it, and I need to use it in 2 weeks!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by smgainey
Has anyone had success selecting your choice benefits? I found the link in the terms and conditions but it pops up a login screen that asks for my username and password. I've tried using my Marriott number, my SPG number and my email address that I always use to sign into my Marriott account, but it won't accept any of them. Are we supposed to have a "username" now? Or perhaps the system is still broken...if so, then I hope it gets fixed soon because the terms and conditions state that the free might will be deposited into the account within 2 weeks of selecting it, and I need to use it in 2 weeks!
Pleas see this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...e-benefit.html
smgainey likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by vike
I'm new to Marriott rules, so forgive me if this is obvious or well known. I have more Marriott/SPG points than my partner, but he is Platinum and I am only Gold. If I reserve with my points, but include him on the reservation (and he checks-in/occupies the rooms with me) will we get Platinum benefits? Or does the reservation in points need to come from his account?
Which benefits are you hoping to get? The only thing you would have a somewhat better shot at on a reward stay is an upgrade. Most people who use a higher status spouse status is to get breakfast as a gold. The reports I've seen for people doing it has been done at checkin. You can always transfer the points to your partner and let him book the room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.