Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Post-Merger Platinum Choice Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post-Merger Platinum Choice Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Michilander
The last bullet under the 50 nights choices is 75 Nights. Not sure what this means?
Pasting error. It's not really there.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Michilander
The last bullet under the 50 nights choices is 75 Nights. Not sure what this means?
It means the OP made a mistake with copy-and-paste.

Take a look at the link that the OP posted for the actual list. Keep in mind that the list and the explanations of what each list item means are from a travel credit card blog, not officially an official Marriott website.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
What I find interesting is this:

1 Free Night Award: Use this to book any hotel that costs up to 40,000 points per night. This means that you can book up to category 6 off-peak, or up to category 5 at standard rates or peak rates.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:58 am

Can the 'Suite Night Awards' be used on paid stay as well as award stay?

Also for paid stay, can it be used on ANY rate, including the one that has successful LNF (or BRG) claim?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by tonywush
Can the 'Suite Night Awards' be used on paid stay as well as award stay?

Also for paid stay, can it be used on ANY rate, including the one that has successful LNF (or BRG) claim?
Yes.
tonywush likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I’m going to stack the two 40% bed discounts for 80% off a single bed.

…Don’t tell me what I can’t do!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by getagb
I’m going to stack the two 40% bed discounts for 80% off a single bed.

…Don’t tell me what I can’t do!
I'm stacking three and demanding cash back.
getagb likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm stacking three and demanding cash back.
Sorry, the math won't work out in your favor...

$100 - 40% = $60 - 40% = $36 - 40% = $21.60

This is an offer made by marketing types, you gotta know there will be a hitch somewhere.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:52 pm

Let's say I am at 75 nights this year. Do the elite night credits given to me (I assume it is this year) count towards my lifetime status numbers?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes.
Yes for the *current* version of SPG SNAs. We haven't seen any indication of the T&Cs for the NEW suite upgrade electronic certs or whatever they will be called in the new combined program.

BTW, Hyatt WOH Globalist Tier Suite Upgrades (and before that the Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond suite upgrade certs in the old program) DO require certain rates, effectively the standard (Hyatt Daily Rate) rate plan or cash and points, but not award bookings, nor rate plans such as AAA, senior/AARP, government, and AFAIK corporate rates, although the rate plan rules aren't as strict as the rates required to get the confirmed suite upgrade using points (formerly only a couple thousand points for IIRC up to about seven nights but not IIRC 6,000 points per night for at least the top category properties).
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by kaw753
Let's say I am at 75 nights this year. Do the elite night credits given to me (I assume it is this year) count towards my lifetime status numbers?
This has never been the case at SPG, so I don't see that changing.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Curious if anyone knows the answer to this one yet:

If I have SNAs sitting in my SPG account, what happens to them post August 18th? I'll have earned at least 5 more SNAs in the new program (assuming I choose that option).

Will SNAs from both accounts be merged into one?
Do they remain separate?
Can they only be used separately? (e.g. the SNAs sitting in my SPG account can only be applied through spg.com to reservations showing on that site?)

It's cool if no one can answer yet. I'm just wondering if I wind up with a lump of SNAs usable across all brands post August 18th or if the sets of SNAs remain orphaned in their original account(s).

Thanks,
RM
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've been able to apply SPG SNAs earned last year (and due to expire on December 31, 2018) to a November 2018 SPG reservation with no problems, doing it online as usual.

I wouldn't expect problems but I also wouldn't expect SNAs of this vintage (as opposed to those earned by July2X, 2018) to be valid for legacy Marriott properties (or RCs).

We're waiting to see T&Cs for SNAs (5+5) received in August or later in the new combined Starriott program.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Why would anyone at 75 nights want another 5 nights of elite credit?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by bmr12
Why would anyone at 75 nights want another 5 nights of elite credit?
I assume if you anticipated 20K spend to reach 100 nights and get the ambassador?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.