Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Late Summer/Fall 2018 Marriott and/or Starwood Promotion(s)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: Late Summer/Fall 2018 Marriott and/or Starwood Promotion(s)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
IHG, Hyatt, and Hilton have all announced fall promos. Seems like MR really needs to launch one soon after the events of the last few weeks.
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by LPCJr
Seems like MR really needs to launch one soon after the events of the last few weeks.
Priorities.
Brendan and sdsearch like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
I am hoping Marriott will come up with a good promo once the IT issues are in the rearview mirror.

To answer your question at the moment the best I know of is Hilton x2 points stackable with 2500 LH miles per cash stay. It makes 1-night stays very attractive with Hilton especially at hotels at the cheaper end of the scale, Turkey and South East Asia for example.
That IT problem is not going away anytime soon. Trying to book rooms in China (14 nights, 4 cities), and I keep on seeing "Our server is being stubborn, please try again". That business goes to Hilton.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:58 pm

I have reached ambassador status with Marriott. For me the most important thing is accumulating as many bonus points as possible for free night stays. Starting September 16th, if Marriott does have a promo it doesn't benefit me to stay with them and I will stay at Holiday Inn and Hilton. As I think Marriott has the best quality and I am loyal to them, they are not offering me anything. Even though I am a small fish in the sea, Marriott will miss out on almost 50 stays and approximately almost $10,000 toward the end of the year. I know that small number won't mean a lot to a billion dollar corporation but they get enough people switching it could make a very small difference.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Marriott15
I have reached ambassador status with Marriott. For me the most important thing is accumulating as many bonus points as possible for free night stays. Starting September 16th, if Marriott does have a promo it doesn't benefit me to stay with them and I will stay at Holiday Inn and Hilton. As I think Marriott has the best quality and I am loyal to them, they are not offering me anything. Even though I am a small fish in the sea, Marriott will miss out on almost 50 stays and approximately almost $10,000 toward the end of the year. I know that small number won't mean a lot to a billion dollar corporation but they get enough people switching it could make a very small difference.
Even with the 75% PP bonus, you find the Hilton promo to be a better deal?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
In addition to the current promotion, Hilton also has a scheme of Milestone bonuses at 40, 50, and 60 nights per year.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
In addition to the current promotion, Hilton also has a scheme of Milestone bonuses at 40, 50, and 60 nights per year.
And 70, and 80, and 90, etc.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:20 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by getagb
Yes. And actually Hilton has 2 promos running, and they are stackable:
A. Triple points for resorts + Conrads / WA, double points for the rest
B. Lufthansa 2,500 miles per stay

If you have a bunch of 1-night stays, this is actually quite valuable. Far better than Marriott.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by getagb

Yes! Hilton is 100% as a Diamond Member. Then you get double your points. Will not even be a thought to me!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think Hilton could have done serious damage to Marriott if they'd offered Triple points for Diamonds, like they did last year. Combine that with a Diamond challenge (Hilton gives you the status at the outset) and you have a juicy bone to dangle in front of disaffected Plats.

But what they have is still the best thing out there right now, especially if you're in M&M.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Should this thread be merged into the similar thread in the master combined Marriott forum?

-mvitale
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:07 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I think Hilton could have done serious damage to Marriott if they'd offered Triple points for Diamonds, like they did last year. Combine that with a Diamond challenge (Hilton gives you the status at the outset) and you have a juicy bone to dangle in front of disaffected Plats.

But what they have is still the best thing out there right now, especially if you're in M&M.
At least for me, 2x points + M&M bonus is better than 3x without M&M.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by escape4
At least for me, 2x points + M&M bonus is better than 3x without M&M.
Yes, and for me too, but the M&M bonus stacks on top of any existing ones, so it's not like they'd be in conflict with each other!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by yurtripper

​​​​​They may throw in a limited, sudden bonus on top of this, the way they did last July for Hilton card holders.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Megabonus is showing for me in my account as of today.
  • Register by January 7, 2019
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 4 through November 1 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.