Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I think I have ambassador status

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I think I have ambassador status

Until now, whenever I've emailed Marriott, the email responses have always come from someone at "Marriott Customer Care." Today, I received a response from "Marriott Ambassador" with the agent signing his full name and "Marriott Rewards ambassador."

A sign of what's to come, post-August?

Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Until now, whenever I've emailed Marriott, the email responses have always come from someone at "Marriott Customer Care." Today, I received a response from "Marriott Ambassador" with the agent signing his full name and "Marriott Rewards ambassador."

A sign of what's to come, post-August?

Was the response you received in the email of any value/substance?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by kauppias
Was the response you received in the email of any value/substance?
Yes. It was.

I replied and asked if I had qualified for ambassador post-August. The same Marriott agent replied with his personal, corporate email address and not the generic Marriott customer care email address and said all members were receive a status update in August. So, either this is a tease of what's to come or it's nothing.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Yes. It was.

I replied and asked if I had qualified for ambassador post-August. The same Marriott agent replied with his personal, corporate email address and not the generic Marriott customer care email address and said all members were receive a status update in August. So, either this is a tease of what's to come or it's nothing.

Thats good, so far 1000% of the replies I have received from Marriott CS have been cut and paste as well as worthless
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Please, what email address did you use? Assuming that you have 100+ nights so far this year, can you figure out anything about how the $20,000 spend is defined from your data point?

I have well over 100 Marriott nights (and nowhere close on the Starwood side) but I'm not sure how I'm doing on the spend requirement in the absence of basic definitions or answers to questions.

In my last attempt, I finally reached someone by phone who then put me on hold for a supervisor who didn't know either but promised to check. My questions were about the definition of spend (or alternatively, please tell me how much qualified Marriott spend I have this year to date) and about whether Ambassadors will start to be assigned in August or only at the start of the new program year in February. About ten days later, I got an email that didn't answer any of my questions.

In retrospect, I should have also tried to ask when Starwood spend will be added to Marriott spend for this purpose (when we merge accounts?) and whether Starwood spend from January 1 will count (I assume so, but this isn't clear in the absence of a definition) or only after August 1st or whatever the magic day is.

Now that my 100th legacy Marriott night has posted, I'm on the verge of contacting the CEO's office for some clarification.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:14 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Please, what email address did you use? Assuming that you have 100+ nights so far this year, can you figure out anything about how the $20,000 spend is defined from your data point?

I have well over 100 Marriott nights (and nowhere close on the Starwood side) but I'm not sure how I'm doing on the spend requirement in the absence of basic definitions or answers to questions.

In my last attempt, I finally reached someone by phone who then put me on hold for a supervisor who didn't know either but promised to check. My questions were about the definition of spend (or alternatively, please tell me how much qualified Marriott spend I have this year to date) and about whether Ambassadors will start to be assigned in August or only at the start of the new program year in February. About ten days later, I got an email that didn't answer any of my questions.

In retrospect, I should have also tried to ask when Starwood spend will be added to Marriott spend for this purpose (when we merge accounts?) and whether Starwood spend from January 1 will count (I assume so, but this isn't clear in the absence of a definition) or only after August 1st or whatever the magic day is.

Now that my 100th legacy Marriott night has posted, I'm on the verge of contacting the CEO's office for some clarification.
I absolutely would expect that your combined eligible SPG and Marriott spend up to August 1 or so will qualify towards the $20K spend towards Ambassador status--just as your combined eligible SPG and Marriott nights up to August 1 or so will qualify towards the 100 nights.

Until Marriott announces the specifics, I would assume that all room rate spend will qualify--and probably that all food/beverage spend will qualify, too. Beyond that, who can say. But those account for the overwhelming majority of spend anyway.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I absolutely would expect that your combined eligible SPG and Marriott spend up to August 1 or so will qualify towards the $20K spend towards Ambassador status--just as your combined eligible SPG and Marriott nights up to August 1 or so will qualify towards the 100 nights.

Until Marriott announces the specifics, I would assume that all room rate spend will qualify--and probably that all food/beverage spend will qualify, too. Beyond that, who can say. But those account for the overwhelming majority of spend anyway.
I agree with that assumption. Personally, I think the Marriott folks don't think people read the details of the T&C and may not read it themselves. They might not even have thought about that historically qualifying spend for points for JW/Marriott/Renn properties is different than at RC or CY but the new rules seem to generally mirror the existing rules for JW/Marriott/Renn so i'm assuming spend will as well. I don't have an opinion on meetings or multiple rooms since that doesn't impact me.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Perhaps we should send a joint letter. I bet a bunch of folks in the 100+ nights club would sign on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.