Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Denied Lounge Access Based on Room Rate

Denied Lounge Access Based on Room Rate

Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by imverge
I had something similar happen to me at AC Hotel Barcelona and when I contacted corporate they contacted the hotel and in the end, Marriott HQ coordinated the delivery of the elite benefit that I was entitled too.

Some hotels think they can get away with not providing benefits by adding a disclaimer without Marriott catching wind of it.
Originally Posted by mindrisa
Interesting that Marriott Corporate doesn't know their own brand policies. I stayed at an AC hotel recently and didn't get breakfast and when I questioned it, I learned that AC is different than Autograph Collection, and benefits are different (including no breakfast at AC hotels vs. breakfast at Autograph Collection hotels). I cannot believe someone at Marriott actually thought it was a good idea to have two different brands that were not related with one being AC and one being Autograph Collection.
Just double checked and @mindrisa, you are correct. @imverge you were not "entited too (sic)" breakfast at the AC Barcelona. It was nice of Marriott to arrange breakfast when the member made a fuss, but the T&Cs do not include the AC brand for lounge access or breakfast.

Continental breakfast is available 7 days a week for Platinum and Gold Elite members plus one guest in the Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Marriott Hotels and Delta Hotels.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:24 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Just double checked and @mindrisa, you are correct. @imverge you were not "entited too (sic)" breakfast at the AC Barcelona. It was nice of Marriott to arrange breakfast when the member made a fuss, but the T&Cs do not include the AC brand for lounge access or breakfast.
Show me where I said the elite benefit was lounge access or breakfast? Please also don't assume I made a "fuss" either.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by mindrisa
Interesting that Marriott Corporate doesn't know their own brand policies. I stayed at an AC hotel recently and didn't get breakfast and when I questioned it, I learned that AC is different than Autograph Collection, and benefits are different (including no breakfast at AC hotels vs. breakfast at Autograph Collection hotels). I cannot believe someone at Marriott actually thought it was a good idea to have two different brands that were not related with one being AC and one being Autograph Collection.
Please note, the elite benefit in question wasn't breakfast.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by imverge
Show me where I said the elite benefit was lounge access or breakfast? Please also don't assume I made a "fuss" either.
Sorry about the breakfast assumption. I went off the second quoted post and now see you never specified it was breakfast. Contacting Marriott to push a hotel for a benefit though would be a fuss. It might have been a justified fuss, the hotel staff may have inexcusably forced you into making a justified fuss, but it is a fuss. Not all fusses are negative.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:16 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Sorry about the breakfast assumption. I went off the second quoted post and now see you never specified it was breakfast. Contacting Marriott to push a hotel for a benefit though would be a fuss. It might have been a justified fuss, the hotel staff may have inexcusably forced you into making a justified fuss, but it is a fuss. Not all fusses are negative.
No worries... I personally have always viewed a fuss as negative but I can hold two thoughts at the same time The funny thing is I actually contacted Marriott HQ because I didn't want to make a fuss!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Total BS. As I posted in another thread (apologies, don't remember where), in April at the Osaka Marriott we were told that the rate (part of a tour, apparently booked through 3rd party travel agent) was ineligible for earning points, or Platinum arrival gift as points, but were given full lounge access (which is all I cared about) and Platinum arrival gift as food and beverage.

On the same trip there was the award stay at the Renaissance Hong Kong, no issue with getting lounge access with a rate of 0.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.