Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Ridiculously long hold times for MR Customer Service

Has anyone else noticed the 30-40 minute hold times recently for MR customer care? Between the Salt Lake City Marriott City Creek being unable to post Plat Amenity points on three stays and lounge closing points on one over the last 6 days, and the weekend stay 1000 points megabonus not adding into my points total at another property (I was hopping around) I spent 2 - 2 1/2 hours on hold to get things fixed since last Thursday.

Did they close down a call center or something? I thought most of it was run out of Omaha where they shouldn't be hurting for call center folks (except the guy that got himself fired for liking the Taiwan tweet).
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
That is why I send a message through the contact us page on the Marriott website. Unless you need the points immediately, it's a good option. As a platinum, they usually respond to me the next day.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I was trying to find some sort of chat or online form, but there is nothing under customer service except for mailing addresses and phone numbers. I could fill out a missing stay request, but the stay is actually there, just not bonus points.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I have a stay from a month ago that hasn't posted. It's been over 2 weeks since I submitted the missing stay request, and no response from Marriott at all or points/stay credited to my account.

I just got off the phone after a 45+ minute hold time with nobody answering. I finally hung up and tried calling the Platinum number again, and the representative is transferring me to yet another person. Why do they have to make this so difficult?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I was trying to find some sort of chat or online form, but there is nothing under customer service except for mailing addresses and phone numbers. I could fill out a missing stay request, but the stay is actually there, just not bonus points.
https://www.marriott.com/marriott/contact.mi
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by bigshooter
That happens to me as well. On my last trip, I found a hotel that had a 2000 point bonus rate for MR members that was the same price as the regular member rate for the room. Since it was the same price whether I got the extra 2000 points or not, I chose the rate with the extra points. A week after the normal stay posted, the 2000 point bonus had not posted yet. So I called the hotel directly and asked to speak to a manager about it. The manager posted it immediately. I got an email within a few minutes of the call saying a 2000 point bonus had been added to my account.

In my case, it was the hotel that was responsible for the bonus because it was part of the room rate selected. So another option is to call the hotel during normal business hours to get the situation resolved.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, Marriott Gold, SPG
Call reservations then get transferred, surely they’ll staff res to not miss out on a potential booking
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, United 1K, Southwest Preferred Plus
I have had the same issue. I have tried to call the Gold Elite line for the past few days. No one has ever picked up. I've waited 20 to 45 minutes on each call.
calrick likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: DLDime & MM - Marriott LifePlat - Hertz Prez - Hyatt Dissapointedist
Yes indeed, it seems like the call centers or software are having issues as of Friday

Yes indeed, it seems like the call centers or software are having issues as of Friday and Saturday, April 6 and 7. Several times I've called the Plat line and get to the new multi-language "hello" and not the Plat line. I would HUCA and then get the Plat line and a live human in a few seconds. But today, Saturday - all day - getting the vortex of music.

Last edited by calrick; Apr 8, 2018 at 7:24 am
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:11 pm

I called on Monday to see if they'd extend my free night cert from 2017 fall megabonus and waited 50 minutes on hold as a Plat. Customer Service asked me how long I had been waiting and seemed shocked. Reaching out through social media is a good alternative.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
40 minute wait today on the Plat line after the system said the wait time was approximately 24 minutes.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat premier, Visa Infinite, Amex Plat
I called the Platinum Premier exclusive line last week, only to wait 45 minutes for the most rude rep that i have ever had! The worst contact that i have had with Marriott in the last 30 years!!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: WJ Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Twickenham
Thanks for this! ^ I can vouch this worked for me, email sent Friday 4PM and response received Sunday 2PM. Preferred this over waiting on hold (thankfully I had a bit of leeway in the urgency of my request!)
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by aloha12
I have had the same issue. I have tried to call the Gold Elite line for the past few days. No one has ever picked up. I've waited 20 to 45 minutes on each call.
My one call last week was 32-minutes
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Platinum Phone Number Issues

Over the past 24 hours I've tried 3 different Marriott phone numbers: PPE (5696), Platinum Reservations (4229), Main Marriott Reservations (2427). On all three I get the same automated woman asking me to tell her what I need to be connected to a department. Even after I tell her "reservations" I get put on hold until I give up and hang up the phone.

What happens to the dedicated PE and PPE lines?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.