Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Edit: I just tried calling a third time today. Gave up after 10 minutes again. All I keep hearing is, "An associate will be with you shortly." There is never an estimate of wait time, etc.
-RM
I got through to the PP line yesterday after roughly 20 minutes on hold. It did not ask for my MR number, but the phone agent confirmed it was actually the PP line. So it may be getting a bit better. I do think the loooooong waits were caused by folks calling with a lot of questions about the new program.

Not that it makes the long time on hold acceptable, but if you simply must get through by phone I suggest putting the call on speaker and going about your business while you wait. That's my usual strategy.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I find some of the posts above shocking. Not only has the customer service significantly declined, but the work at home agents are apparently permitted to violate standard and very basic call center work at home rules: sterile environment. This means no background noises such as dogs, children, etc. and absolutely no doing errands while working.

I can't imagine that a normal call center agent would be so unprofessional as to confide personal problems to a random caller, although if one has developed a long term relationship with a particular Ambassador, it could happen on an exceptional basis, although hopefully not on every call.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:37 am

Was driving from NY to Florida on April 30 2018. Was looking to book a room that evening so I called the Marriott Platinum line from my car. I was on hold for 14 minutes at which time I hung up. I called back using the regular reservation number with the same result. I called the hotel directly and asked if I could book a room using points, something I have done in the past at other hotels with no problems. The hotel told me no I had to call Marriott directly . Tied again, no one picked up. I had to leave the interstate, pull over and use the Marriott app on my phone.
Got an email from Marriott on May 17 informing me that they will unlinked because of a discrepancy. Called Platinum line with no one picking up again. Left email and hoping for the best.
Anyone else having this issue?
Old May 17, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Not here. Just called, no wait, reservation modified, and entire call was all of 3 minutes long.
Old May 17, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
This past weekend I had a similar shoddy experience with the Platinum line. Took ~10 minutes to answer. First rep didn't have my profile and was poorly spoken. Second rep (I asked for a supervisor) was much better spoken but still I had to give Marriott Rewards number for them to find anything (typically pulls up with my phone number).
Old May 17, 2018, 1:57 pm

sounds like "book direct" is going GREAT for them

I have "Members Rate" access in the GDS if ever needed--no Marriott bullsh*t required
Old May 17, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm now waiting for someone to answer the PP reservation line for over fifty minutes. All I'm getting in some static noises interspersed with "an associate will be with you momentarily" with no information about how long I'm likely to be on hold. The website is also refusing to complete reservations and gives a number to call that I've never seen, so I don't know whether it's tech support, a call center for the brand, or the generic Marriott number for kettles.

Totally unacceptable!
Old May 17, 2018, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by lexdevil
I got through to the PP line yesterday after roughly 20 minutes on hold. It did not ask for my MR number, but the phone agent confirmed it was actually the PP line. So it may be getting a bit better. I do think the loooooong waits were caused by folks calling with a lot of questions about the new program.

Not that it makes the long time on hold acceptable, but if you simply must get through by phone I suggest putting the call on speaker and going about your business while you wait. That's my usual strategy.
I'm now on hold for the PP line for an hour. Very frustrating, especially since I've been having repeated trouble making a reservation on the website and I don't want to lose either availability for the room type or the rate.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by paulsalem
Over the past 24 hours I've tried 3 different Marriott phone numbers: PPE (5696), Platinum Reservations (4229), Main Marriott Reservations (2427). On all three I get the same automated woman asking me to tell her what I need to be connected to a department. Even after I tell her "reservations" I get put on hold until I give up and hang up the phone.

What happens to the dedicated PE and PPE lines?
I'm on an endless hold for the PP reservation line (not guest services) and I didn't even get an automated phone tree. I'm starting to wonder whether the number is simply out of service.

UPDATE: I'm still waiting for a human to pick up the phone on the PP line after an hour and forty-seven minutes. In the meantime, I tried to check the Marriott website for phone numbers and here's what I found.

First of all, in the summary listing of elite benefits chart with columns and colored dots for general members, Silver, Gold, and Plat (PP isn't listed, of course), there's no mention of elite phone service. However, clicking further to the T&C shows an "elite reservations line" and a different "elite guest services" line, both with the number clearly given. Scrolling down further to the Additional Platinum Benefits section shows a different "Platinum reservation line" again with a (different) number given. AFAIK I've never seen the "elite reservation line" number before but the other numbers are familiar. [I'm not going to give them here.]

Elsewhere on the website ("contact us" isn't obvious) I see a MR general number with words to the effect that it's automated and claims to be 24/7, a MR members number with limited M-F hours, and yet a different number for "customer service" that I've never seen before, (800) 721-7033, which doesn't seem to be tech support.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; May 17, 2018 at 2:55 pm
Old May 17, 2018, 2:24 pm

They must have lots of new staff. I waited and finally got an agent who did not understand how to change one reservation to another property in the same town,
and was not willing to get a supervisor to assist. It took 15 minutes to make a simple change and repeating my platinum number
several times during the conversation because it was "lost" as he moved from page to page. I do hope it gets better!

Last edited by pilgrim; May 17, 2018 at 2:30 pm Reason: spelling!
Old May 17, 2018, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Trying to sign up for a Plat challenge today. Extremely long hold on both the 801 468 4000 number and the 800 321 7396 number. Endless robot asking "if you answer a few questions" and would not understand a simple "need to talk to representative."
After pressing 0 numerous times, finally got "a representative will be with you momentarily" then lots of statics and another 20 min hold, finally got a very curt rep at Owen, Ohio. I am not sure she actually signed me up based on the extremely brief sentences she uttered. She never repeated my Marriott number and did not mention any of the conditions. Also seemed extremely hurried.

I went online to fill out the Contact Us form / sent an email request to [email protected] instead. At least both got an auto reply. Ironically the auto reply is identical
, and instruct me to call the 801 number for urgent needs. Yeah, if a human with knowledge would actually answer the call in a timely and courteous manner. SIGH.

Last edited by Happy; May 17, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Old May 17, 2018, 4:19 pm

I'm about to give up for today on the PP number. I have been on hold and periodically between the status been told that an associate will be with me momentarily for OVER THREE HOURS! To be exact, it's been 03:08:51 according to the call timer on my phone.

This is totally unacceptable. [BTW, I was trying to make a reservation at a Marriott property involving thousands of dollars in revenue for Starriott and the website repeatedly was unable to complete the booking. Time to call My Hyatt Concierge.]

ADDED: Now it's three hours and twenty minutes of this and I really am hanging up now! Very frustrating.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; May 17, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Old May 17, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I called Marriott last week to try to get points I was due as my emails went unanswered for 2+ weeks. Took me over an hour on hold and talking to an agent, who had to call the hotel. I never did get the points credited while on the call, I had something to do, though they finally credited the next day.

This collapse in customer service is one of the biggest reasons why I went from 100+ nights a year at Marriott for years to 4 so far year-to-date, though the disaster of a web site and app both have me listed at 9 nights. Whatever, I give up.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts
I called Marriott last week to try to get points I was due as my emails went unanswered for 2+ weeks. Took me over an hour on hold and talking to an agent, who had to call the hotel. I never did get the points credited while on the call, I had something to do, though they finally credited the next day.

This collapse in customer service is one of the biggest reasons why I went from 100+ nights a year at Marriott for years to 4 so far year-to-date, though the disaster of a web site and app both have me listed at 9 nights. Whatever, I give up.
Did you have rollover from the previous year (the last time for rollover nights) or credit card nights to get the additional five?
Old May 17, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
The PP call center used to be in Omaha, with about 75 PP agents. The company also used various back up call centers near Toronto and near SLC through the 10+ years I've been a heavy traveler. It used to be that the rules for agents getting on the PP lines were pretty stringent. Home based agents also figured into the PP lines frequently.

It looks like the PP line is bouncing calls to other call centers. It used to happen only when overloaded with calls due to storms etc, but this has been going on for a few weeks. It doesn't matter when I call nor which number, I do not get competent assistance.

My guess are 1) change in automatic rules for managing call volume across the country, 2) a bad software upgrade, probably in Omaha, 3) changes that are involved in the SPG/Ritz/Marriott rewards merger, 4) a failed merger of Marsha, Fosse and Opera software platforms or 5) severe bloodletting at the various Marriott call centers that are still US based.

While it has been enough years since I sold call center automation and managed projects to understand that the technology is way different than what I knew, human nature has not changed.

If these call metrics were ever seen by a client of ours, our CEO/CTO/CIO would have been on planes to personally apologize and get things moving on up.

Last edited by Texas Booster; May 17, 2018 at 11:07 pm Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.